What are my GateOpeners? GateOpeners are a classification

What are my GateOpeners?

GateOpeners are a classification; but that doesn’t mean everyone in the classification will refer to us. CPAs are GateOpeners for Payroll service; but a CPA who offers payroll isn’t going to refer to a service.

Name a classification that is often a GateOpener for you, and give the characteristic we would see if an individual isn’t.

Referral trigger for the week of June 11
Conversation led this week by the Smyrna Team

Comment below  to add answer and update your Member Profile page.

13 Responses to What are my GateOpeners? GateOpeners are a classification
  1. Brian Pierce
    June 11, 2012 | 10:35 am

One of my best gateopeners is a real estate agent. Typically most offices already have an established relationship with a law firm that is in their office and paying under a monthly rental agreement or affiliation agreement. The managing broker of the real estate office is the one that reached these agreements with various law firms, so s/he would not be a very good gateopener to me since they are in a paid relationship with another law firm.

2. Hector Lopez
    June 11, 2012 | 11:26 am

My GateOpener at this time is an architect who works on residential homes, light commercial (medical offices), or multi-family (apartment complex)

3. Michael Anthony
    June 11, 2012 | 12:12 pm

The single best GateOpener for me is a Real Estate Agent. Realtors are in contact on a daily basis with individuals looking to purchase homes. Even though cash sales are becoming more common, roughly 70% of buyers are seeking a mortgage loan to finance their next home.

4. Marianne Gudina
    June 11, 2012 | 12:51 pm

My best GateOpener is a book keeper who does not want to do taxes. They do all the busy work and I do the taxes. They have different types of clients and I can do both the corporate and the personal return.

5. Jane Nowak
    June 11, 2012 | 3:21 pm

A Family Law Attorney is the best GateOpener for my work as a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst. Let the attorney handle the law and let me handle the financial details and financial settlement projections. -An Family Law Attorney who already has a CDFA(tm) on staff is not likely to refer business to me.

6. Justin Thompson
    June 11, 2012 | 3:35 pm

My best GateOpeners are CPAs, Financial Advisors, and P&C agents who do not offer life insurance to their clients.

7. Crystal Euress
    June 12, 2012 | 5:43 pm

My single best referral trigger is a mortgage broker. They are constantly in contact with clients who will need thier homes insured. After diligently working with each customer, the warm relationship is easily transferred to my insurance agency.

8. Karen Bennett
    June 12, 2012 | 8:28 pm

My best GateOpeners are my competition. CPAs and Accounting Firms that offer Audit and Attestation services are some of my best GateOpeners. They do not offer or unable to offer (due to conflict of interest) accounting services. In addition, they often do not specialize in offering a virtual accounting department services, which we at Bennett Accountants specialize in.

Lastly, clients struggling with QuickBooks often find me on the QuickBooks Pro Advisor site. I may assist them with QuickBooks setup but often rolls up into a virtual accounting service needed.

• Valerie Brutti
      June 13, 2012 | 9:46 am

Nurses are wonderful GateOpeners for me. They often work long hours. This means they don’t want to spend their free time shopping for the personal care items. They like that I deliver their products during their shifts. I can also go in during shift changes to do fun quick facials.

They often introduce their colleagues during their break time. They also have introduced me to residents in high end retirement centers. They are fun to work with because they are constantly meeting new people and love new products.

9. Lauri Lee
    June 13, 2012 | 4:28 pm

My best GateOpeners are people in the health and wellness field, either medical professionals or holistic/natural health practitioners. Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and med-spa owners are particularly good GateOpeners for me, since they often have clients who are interested in maintaining their skin and bodies. Even if one of these GateOpeners already offers a skincare or nutritional line to their clients, I am always happy to offer them an alternative; different products give different results for different people, and a professional who cares about his or her clients will want to make sure that those clients are getting optimal results.

Lauri Lee
    Arbonne Independent Consultant
    Botanically-based Skincare, Nutrition, Cosmetics
    401-450-4230

10. Dr. Amy Forth
    June 14, 2012 | 2:59 pm

Massage therapists are natural GateOpeners for me but a therapist who practices in a chiropractic office would not refer to me.

11. Gregg Allen
    June 15, 2012 | 6:42 am

My best GateOpener as a home inspector is a real estate agent. However a real estate agent that focuses on selling only would not be a good GateOpener for me since sellers are reluctant to do a pre listing inspection despite the home inspector industry’s efforts to promote the idea.

12. Roochu Shah
    March 6, 2013 | 10:35 pm

Some gate openers for me are Business Telephone system provider,Software Providers,Business Attorneys and Commercial Property Managers. they all come in contact with other businesses that I can help.