InfoMinute Symptoms and Referral Cures

Think of the client who you made the most difference for.

Think about what you did for them.

Now tell us how their situation is different now, after your work, than it was before they hired you.

End by sharing what they say they can do now, that they weren’t able to do before working with you.

Referral trigger for the week of July 16
Conversation led this week by the West Cobb Paulding Team

Comment below  to add answer and update your Member Profile page.

21 Responses to InfoMinute Symptoms and Referral Cures
  1. Winston Agbebiyi
    July 17, 2012 | 10:50 am

I have a client who has been down on his luck for quite some time. Due to lack of finances, unemployment, and the fact that he knew he would owe taxes, he hasn’t filed his taxes for the last four years. I met with him and told him I’ll get him caught up and not charge him for my services. It turns out that he actually owes taxes for every year outstanding except for 2011 for which he his getting a refund.

During the time I was working with him, he continued to fall on hard times including, loosing his job again and almost losing an eye in a car accident. Today, I am happy to report that he has since found employment and he is planning on using his wages and the refund he is getting for 2011 to catch up on all his outstanding tax obligation.

2. Michael Mason
    July 17, 2012 | 3:27 pm

I have a client that was divorced several years ago. I was working on the client’s estate plan when they asked me to assist them in preparing and obtaining a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO).

The client is in a much better situation now because we will have achieved access to retirement funds that were still in the retirement plans of the ex-spouse. The client now has access and control over $50,000 in retirement funds that were previously not available to the client.

3. Kriston Sellier
    July 17, 2012 | 3:43 pm

A wonderful client who is creative manager in a large educational company was seeking design support. She requested some design assistance and id8 helped her. After two months of several small projects, she asked us to support her company for monthly design work. We are now able to support her creative needs.

This frees up her time to focus on management of the creative materials needed for the company rather than spending her nights and weekends working at the office. Our work has also made her look good. Her manager and associates have commented that the new design work is excellent.

4. Linda Carroll
    July 17, 2012 | 4:06 pm

In Mary Kay, I get to see women without their makeup and their masks. When the makeup comes off, their guard comes down as well. During one makeover in particular, the woman sitting opposite me was struggling emotionally because of the loss of an infant son. She was not taking care of herself. We talked and shared while we were playing with the makeup. I could see her transforming little by little during our time together. When we were done, she looked gorgeous. She felt good about herself. A short time later, her husband wanted me to know just how much our time together had impacted her. She was starting to take care of herself, regaining her self confidence and was blossoming from a new sense of self.

5. Shawn Livingston
    July 17, 2012 | 9:16 pm

I do work for a property management company in Midtown Atlanta. Before I was referred to them they were using multiple companies to handle their maintenance needs. They used a different company for each type of maintenance issue. As a handyman, I am skilled in many areas of repair. I was able to simplify their maintenance outsourcing thus saving them valuable time and money. I am now a preferred vendor for them. I started with one building and now help them with four….and counting!

6. Bob Wells
    July 17, 2012 | 9:43 pm

This referral trigger is timely in light of a prospect we met with this morning, but more on that in a moment…

In the insanely great world of Information Technology (IT), we often find small businesses not taking advantage of capabilities and features that are built into their systems. A couple of good examples are the secure Remote Access and Virtual Private Network (VPN) features provided by common small business solutions like Apple’s Mac OS X Server and Microsoft’s Small Business Server (SBS). To make matters worse, many of the same small businesses purchase third party solutions that provide the same capabilities as their systems because they’re unaware the features exist in their current platform. This means: 1) the customer isn’t making good use of what they already have, 2) they’re managing more than they need to (which equals increased cost), and 3) they’re spending money on technology they don’t need. A triple whammy!

r.c.wells IT has fixed this for numerous clients which always results in happy, satisfied customers. Customer’s save money. There’s less to manage. They’re making better use of their technology investment. The customer looks good. We look good. Everyone wins! Oh, about that prospect…

We met with a new prospect this morning in this very situation. The potential customer is running Microsoft Small Business Server 2003. SBS 2003 includes the ability to securely connect to office desktops remotely. Sadly, the prospect is not using the secure remote desktop capability provided by SBS 2003. Instead, they have purchased and are paying a monthly fee for a third party solution. We will certainly fix this if we get the gig (and we’ll tell them about it if we don’t).

7. Steve Cannon
    July 18, 2012 | 11:50 am

Civil wars are nothing compared to family feuds. I found myself fielding separate calls from a sister and a sister-in-law who had a strong disagreement on the direction the small family business should take for their health insurance renewal. The main issue was the high cost, which is a usual occurrence with business under 5 employees. Fortunately for them besides sound strategies I have relationships with Carrier Reps and Underwriters. I was able to get what would have been a 40% mark-up due to a perceived pre-existing health condition down to a 7% mark-up and saved thousands. By the following week we were having joint conferences calls and everyone was happy. Bottom line is that my firm has a small business and individual health insurance model but we have large companies as clients as well so we have leverage with Insurance Carriers to get things done. And in this case it even stopped a family feud that was getting ugly.

Steve Cannon
    I am all about Health Insurance
    404-575-1076

8. David Taylor
    July 18, 2012 | 1:52 pm

Last winter I received a phone call from a 63 year old woman who wanted to buy a ranch condo. After talking to her on the phone, asking a lot of questions and qualifying her, we scheduled a time to look at properties. As we drove between developments and talked I learned Sue had suffered a major stroke just nine months earlier and the doctors initially thought she might spend the rest of her life in a nursing home.

Long story short, Sue ended up buying a new construction ranch condo that the builder was able to modify in a couple of ways to make it better suited to her needs. Now, Sue lives independently and is much happier than she was when living in the nursing home.

9. Terry Leard
    July 18, 2012 | 3:49 pm

The most positive impact I had on a client was saving his life. I suggested that a client review his current life insurance policies to be certain he wasn’t paying to much for his insurance. We decided to replace his existing policies with new policies with less premium. The client felt he was in excellent health ( he was a MD ). After his exam was completed his lab results indicated he was on the border line for prostate cancer.
    Without treatment the outlook was not good. Although I wasn’t able to save the client money we were able to save his life.

10. Tim Avirett
    July 18, 2012 | 4:32 pm

When I first began doing video production nearly 25 yrs ago one of my first clients was Abracadabra Video, Inc. At the time they did mostly live events such as weddings & bar mitzvahs. Over time I began to work more & more in the corporate & broadcast arenas & encouraged ABV to do the same. Eventually, with my help, they began to do more corporate work until today corporate & broadcast video & audio visual rentals make up the bulk of their business. They’ve come a long way baby!

11. Mark McHorney
    July 18, 2012 | 5:42 pm

I recently helped make a client’s long time dream come true. I was able to help a recently retired couple with their home, auto, and “toy” insurance by saving them money and protecting the assets they worked so hard for. Their “toy” is a 50 foot sailboat that they have been restoring for years with hopes of sailing it to the Bahamas some day.
    They wanted to be insured for their big adventure as well, however, conventional boat insurance does not cover such excursions. I advised my clients that I had an uncle that made a living sailing in Caribbean and would ask how he was insured.
    I just received an email from the couple saying they were having a blast and going to stay a while longer.

12. Roseanne Smith
    July 18, 2012 | 6:38 pm

About 18 months ago I had a young man walk into my office. With great hesitation he told me he wanted to see if there was any way he could qualify to purchase a home. He explained that he would be a first time home buyer. We proceeded with the pre-qualification process. Once the process was complete I offered him my congratulations and told him to enjoy shopping. With tears in his eyes he responded, “This is so exciting; I’ve never lived in a house.” I responded, “I know. You told me you were a first time home buyer” to which he replied, “You don’t understand, I’ve never lived in a house. I was raised in an apartment and my mom still lives in an apartment today.” He found his house and we closed his loan.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving Day 2011. I received a text message from this borrower thanking me once again for making his dream of home ownership a reality. He included a picture of his home brightly lit with Christmas decorations.

He is able to entertain without disturbing or being disturbed by his neighbors. His furry friend has a fenced yard in which to play, he gets to decorate to his heart’s content and enjoy a tax deduction all at the same time.

13. Lauri Lee
    July 18, 2012 | 9:58 pm

A few years ago, I met a woman whose entire skincare routine consisted of using soap and water to wash her face each night. We spent some time together, and I told her about Arbonne’s pure, safe, and beneficial philosophy. I explained that our products were pH-neutral so that they would not strip her skin of its protective acid mantle, and that everything was formulated without mineral oil, animal products, or chemical fragrances or dyes. She decided to try Arbonne’s anti-aging skincare line. She was skeptical but was reassured by Arbonne’s 45-day money-back guarantee.

A few weeks later, she called and excitedly shared this news: “I ran into one of my daughter’s former teachers, and she said I look better now than I did 6 years ago! I can’t believe the difference in my skin is so dramatic that other people see it, too. Thank you!”

She remains one of my most loyal clients.

Lauri Lee, Arbonne Independent Consultant
    401-450-4230

14. Steve Callaham
    July 19, 2012 | 9:27 am

Just a few short months after I joined PowerCore, a fellow team member contacted me shortly after her husband lost her job. Her husband had some valuable company stock options that he wanted to take advantage of, but the problem was he had very little time to act before losing them completely. We teamed up together and came up with a great plan to buy the options, and the story has a very happy ending!

Taking advantage of the stock options has made a world of difference for their financial plan. Before they worked with me, they only had brokers who wanted to sell them investments. Now, they have a comprehensive financial plan that addresses their specific goals and dreams. Because we were able to creatively come up with a solution to take advantage of the options, they will have tremendous long term financial security that they did not have before working with me. We now joke that the unexpected layoff was a blessing in disguise!

15. Dr. Douglas LaRoss
    July 19, 2012 | 12:37 pm

A woman came to my office and wondered, ‘IF CHIROPRACTIC HELPS THE BODY FUNCTION BETTER BY REMOVING SPINAL STRESS, COULD ADJUSTING HELP ME CARRY A BABY TO TERM AFTER 2 MISCARRIAGES?” After 2 months of adjusting, Becky reported she and her husband were successful in getting pregnant, and 8 1/2 months later they welcomed their first son, Anthony. She still comes by to talk about how he’s doing in sports or school, wearing the biggest “Proud Mama” smile on her face, knowing she really is in charge not just of her own health but that of her son also.

16. Cindy Cowan
    July 19, 2012 | 10:50 pm

my client needed to be able to control his thermostats upstairs. He has custody of his kids every other week and he never goes upstairs when they aren’t there. By setting the thermostat from his smart phone,, he can now adjust the temperature when he is driving to pick them up. Then when they arrive, the upstairs is cooled down. And he is sanding money. And controlling his alarm system from his phone too.

17. Steven Roberts
    July 23, 2012 | 12:14 pm

I had clients who were retiring soon and needed space for their hobbies. His – restoring old farm equipment; Hers – gardening and reading books in the back yard. I was able to design and build them a two story addition with the lower level utilized as a workshop, and the upper was a screened in porch with a metal roof, lofted ceiling and an inviting view and stair to her garden. Although this project is not going to be on the cover of any magazines, it fit their needs perfectly and they are very happy. They are each able to enjoy their respective portions of the project, and they sometimes share their spaces..

18. Jessica Towne
    July 24, 2012 | 3:22 pm

I recently worked with Sidney and his 18-year old daughter, Anna, who is heading to college this fall. Her summertime activities have included an arrest for speeding (yes, you can get arrested for that), an arrest for being a minor in the possession of alcohol, and a citation for shoplifting. Clearly, there was a problem. I referred the two of them to a family counselor to address the social issues, while I dealt with the legal issues. By the time Anna sets up her dorm room, she can reminisce about her hours of community service, time spent participating in teen alcohol-avoidance classes and skills developed in a defensive driving course. The two arrests will be expunged so that future employers won’t be able to see them, and the citation will be dismissed when she completes a “values clarification” course. A portion of my “fee” is a copy of her freshman year grades and I’ve told Anna that I expect to see all As.

19. Samuel Lysinger
    July 24, 2012 | 4:34 pm

I recently engaged a new client who is an Interior Designer. He wanted 2+ people to be able to work on the same AutoCAD project file at the same time. We set Autocad on 2 of his PCs to look to his file server for their project files upon startup. Then we tested until he was satisfied.

They have more than doubled productivity at the office and do not have to copy large files over the network or switch from PC to PC in their workday anymore.

They are now able to collaborate as opposed to waste time waiting for others to finish their portion of the work or for files to copy or for PCs to become available .

20. Adana Chatman
    July 25, 2012 | 2:41 pm

“J” was a client going through a divorce from a controlling soon-to-be ex-husband. She wanted someone in her corner, someone who was on her side. She felt isolated and thought she had no control of her life. With my help, she re-discovered a strength that she thought was lost to her. Now she is an entrepreneur, taking dance lessons, enjoying being a single mother and dating. She says her and her boys are living their life, not her ex-husband’s. Most importantly, she stood her ground when her ex tried to stop her from getting counseling for her oldest son. She says she is strong for herself and her children.

21. Giselle
    November 9, 2015 | 3:38 am

Faça as receitas como ensinado e tome os sucos
    nos horários indicados, assim você poderá perder até 06
    kg em menos de 01 mês, e melhor: sem comprometer a sua saúde.