What to DO to GET Referrals: Understanding

Referral Trigger for the week of June 27
Topic: Leadership
Conversation led by the North Point Team

Confusion is the result of not understanding.

Best Clients understand what we do for them,
and the value of what we do.

1. What do new clients not yet understand?
  2. What ah-ha of understanding does a client get
    that moves
    them into the Best Client category?

Share your answer in the comments.

8 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: Understanding
  1. Ben Ragin
    June 24, 2016 | 3:26 pm

1.) New clients occasionally misunderstand the value of sound risk management advice. This is often a result of catchy advertising by other insurers who put the focus on price rather than risk management. I obviously want price to be competitive, but my main focus is making sure my clients maintain proper coverage for their situation.

2.) After my proposal review process we have drilled down into the details of what a clients coverage does and how it works for them. It’s at this point that clients get the full picture of why risk management is such a important component of the conversation. This “Ah-Ha!” moment is what makes the largest impact on my clients future.

2. Dr. Donna Goodwin
    June 27, 2016 | 11:06 am

1. New patients are sometimes asking for chiropractic care for the first time in their lives, and they often don’t understand how it works and what it can do for them. Also, they many times don’t understand that effective corrective care can take time and is not an “instant” solution.

2. As care progresses and the patient starts to feel better and better, that is when the “ah-ha” of understanding shines down on him/her, and he/she begins to realize that almost EVERYBODY he/she knows and loves can get this same wonderful relief with chiropractic care, and new patients get referred.

Dr. Donna B. Goodwin
    Blue Ribbon Chiropractic
    678-867-2305
    drdonna@blueribbonchiro.com

3. Larry Black
    June 27, 2016 | 5:57 pm

Most of the clients of A Computer Partner say that they appreciate understanding what went wrong with their system and what it takes to fix the problem. As the diagnosis and repair to along, I make sure to explain what, why and how. What happened? Why did it happen? and, How can it be prevented from happening again?

Clients appreciate the time taken to help them understand, and they say so. Those who take notes and call for detailed explanation turn out to be “best clients” for referrals and future business.

4. Jennifer Keaton
    June 27, 2016 | 6:01 pm

Many individuals hear about “divorce mediation” and believe that it will absolutely cut out attorneys’ fees, be super fast, private, and result in an “uncontested divorce.” Sometimes it does, but only when the spouses arrive at mediation prepared to discuss hard topics.

We offer “Crash Course Divorce” so that individuals can gain understanding of what the court will expect from them, what some common options are, and what other resources exist for getting prepared to move through the transition of divorce. When the spouses realize that it is not “me against you,” but rather it is “us against the issues,” they often become more prepared to negotiate and able to make decisions for themselves rather than leaving the decisions to a judge (who doesn’t know them or love their kids).

5. Robert Steinhardt
    June 28, 2016 | 8:54 am

1) New clients generally don’t understand that preparing a tax return is only part of what I do. I’m looking at their entire financial picture to get a better understanding of ways to save them money and keep them on the right path.

2) Clients who understand my work takes time and goes through multiple levels of review are the ones who have had that “ah-ha” moment.

6. Dr. Miriam Croft
    June 28, 2016 | 10:54 am

During my initial consultation with a new patient confusion can arise as to what chiropractors actually do. I find this most often with folks who have never been under chiropractic care or who tried it once. I make it a point during this initial visit to explain chiropractors address the body as a whole versus addressing separate symptoms and that proactive health care is process, not a quick fix.

The typical ah-ha moment happens when folks have been getting regular chiropractic care and see their symptoms resolve and their focus on health complaints changes to creating health goals! The people around them begin to notice and want the same for their own health and that’s when the referral happens!

7. Kevin Murphy
    June 28, 2016 | 2:03 pm

Kevin Murphy

1. What do new clients not yet understand? New clients do not understand the amount of people and length of process a real estate closing can be that leads up to the closing. There are so many moving parts and factors that go into the final closing disclosure being correct.

2. What ah-ha of understanding does a client get
    that moves them into the Best Client category? When a client realizes the amount of info and communication we need for the closing to go smoothly and not be delayed. That is the main key.

8. Brad C
    June 28, 2016 | 6:10 pm

1. I think there is a misconception in the beginning about me just focusing on investments. While it is important, I look to do a financial plan, to see how everything is currently setup.

2. Once clients see that I am on the lookout for them, there is a level of trust formed and has led to them introducing me to other individuals.