What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Client Follow Through

Referral Trigger for the week of August 15
Topic: Follow Through
Conversation led by the Peachtree Team

How do you follow through with existing clients?

Do you:

1. call them six weeks before it’s time to reorder?
  2. reach out for annual checkups?
  3. send greeting cards for birthdays, holidays,
    and business anniversaries?
  4. Attend their holiday open house?
  5. Invite them to social events?

12 Responses to What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Client Follow Through
  1. Ellen Parkerson
    August 12, 2016 | 7:03 pm

Response to Referral Trrigger.

I have begun sending Thanksgiving cards or Holiday cards to prior clients. (New referrals I call and meet with almost immediately.) In Jan., I send a letter-thanking them for the prior year and reminding them that it is time to collect the documents again. For some, I send a list of certain documents that are needed. I give them all my contact info and ask them to call for an appointment. In some cases all is done via mail/email, but I enjoy catching up with them each year.

2. David A. Citrin
    August 12, 2016 | 8:20 pm

In my practice I am in regular contact with all of my existing clients throughout my handling of their cases. When we settle a claim and meet for the last time to disburse the proceeds I give each client a few more business cards and remind them that anytime they, their family members or friends have a legal question all they have to do is call or e-mail me and that I never charge a consultation fee. After that I send desk calendars to all of my former clients every year with my name and contact information prominently displayed so that whenever the need arises they have no trouble finding me.

3. Gordy Powell
    August 16, 2016 | 9:13 am

send greeting cards for birthdays, holidays,
    and business anniversaries?

I took a play out of my Mothers playbook. I send every client that I touch a hand written card from my desk to show the appreciation of our meeting and to secure any follow up I may need.

4. Drew Niess
    August 17, 2016 | 9:11 am

We offer every client an annual insurance policy review. we also reach out each time they have a claim or other issue. Allstate corporate sends occasional emails and other correspondence that offer topical information ie how to winterize your home. We also send birthday cards to every client.

5. Shannon Marler
    August 17, 2016 | 1:09 pm

We always send a Christmas card each year to our clients, past and present. We have also started visiting one client per week week to deliver something tasty for the staff to enjoy in an effort to show our appreciation for their business.

6. Ryan Woolley
    August 17, 2016 | 6:09 pm

I am involved with the first two times that someone actually processes a payroll with us. From there I will set up appointments semi annually to make sure that everything is operating as it should.

A great example is my first client’s birthday is exactly 6 months after mine, for our 6 month check up we buy lunch for the birthday person!

7. John Healy
    August 18, 2016 | 10:24 am

We do in-person annual meetings with clients where we go over their entire financial plan and investments. We also check in with every client at least quarterly, send a monthly email update about the economy and we write a semi-annual letter to clients and prospects about various financial topics in early Spring and Fall.

If you would like to be added to our email or mailing lists, let me know. john.healy@healywealth.com

8. Vickie Kealy
    August 18, 2016 | 2:44 pm

I send prior and current clients holiday cards. If I am working with them in an ongoing manner, I set calendar reminders to follow up with them before deadlines become an issue. When clients host open houses or other events, I make a point of attending. Occasionally, I bring cookies as a thank you.

9. dr mike tumminello, dc
    August 18, 2016 | 2:54 pm

Healthy day Powercore !
    I call past patients to check on them 30 and 60 days after treatment. We additionally call to invite past patients to our wellness classes on Total Food Makeovers, Detoxing and Cleansing, as well as Exercise science.

10. Michelle Button
    August 19, 2016 | 8:51 am

A lot of times in my business, people need to do things in phases- whether it be remodeling work, furniture, floor coverings, window treatments, ect.- sometimes it is not in people’s budgets to do everything at once. So when a client tells me they want to wait until next spring to get new sofas for their living room, or remodel a bathroom- I make a note on my electronic calendar that alerts my phone and sends me an email so that I can be sure to follow up with that client in early spring to get the ball rolling again. I also send current and past clients holiday cards.

11. Steve Bixler
    August 19, 2016 | 9:35 am

I do a walk through meeting 90 days after each project is completed to do a quality check and make sure everything is working well and looking good. If any touch ups are needed, I set up a team to address right away. I also follow up at the one year date to check in with clients via phone call or email to make sure they are enjoying their new home/ office or renovation and if there is anything they need.

12. Alan Shectman
    August 19, 2016 | 2:11 pm

I always do annual reviews (I prefer face to face) with most of my clients. Things do change, and clients may need additional products and services.
    Earlier in my career, I sent Thanksgiving cards to clients and prospects. This was very effective and always remembered, as the typical holiday card was just one of many in the pile in December. If I am invited to a holiday party, I always figure out a way to get there. Finally, many of my clients have become friends. When the opportunity arises, I do invite them to social events.