What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Invitations

Referral Trigger for the week of October 3
Topic: Invitations
Conversation lead by the 78 Corridor Team

Portrait of elegant businesswoman with touchpad Everything starts with an invitation.
Who invited you to visit our Team?
Where were you?
What did they say?

• What did you think when you heard the invitation?
  • Were you looking for a way to decline,
    or honored they thought of you?
  • Did you say yes immediately, or did it take
    several repeats until you visited?

Tell us your invitation story.

14 Responses to What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Invitations
  1. Bill Fields
    October 3, 2016 | 10:05 am

Within weeks of moving back to GA, and just starting up in solo practice, I had lunch with an MD/Atty. In answer to the question “how do you get clients?” Dr. Kaplan said… without missing a beat – PowerCore. Fifteen minutes later – after he told me about the program – I decided there was nothing to loose and everything to gain. I visited within 2 weeks and have been a member ever since. Not only did I think it a great way to get business (beat the heck out of chasing ambulances) it was a wonderful introduction to my community. More a recommendation than an invitation, it did not come with any strings attached nor any hope of self-promotion. It was the best ‘yes’ of my move.

2. Prentice Walker Jr.
    October 3, 2016 | 12:05 pm

I was not told to try Powercore and I had never heard of it before. I was told try BNI, but never had the opportunity. I went to my first Powercore meeting and felt overwhelmed. I was looking for help, ideas, and support with growing my business. I was a tad bit surprised they chose me and I been here and loving it every since. I said yes because what is the worst that could happen. My wife is now a member and she thinks the same way I do about Powercore.

3. Lonnie Anderson
    October 3, 2016 | 1:03 pm

I was in B** and Kris Cavanaugh knew that I liked the idea of a networking group and understood the value, but she also knew that I was not happy with the format of the group that I was in and suggested PowerCore. Kris did not have to sell me on PowerCore, PowerCore sold me on PowerCore in the very first meeting.

4. Jason Marler
    October 3, 2016 | 1:20 pm

When I first started in business I consulted with my brother on growing the business. He mentioned that I should look for a leads group in my area. I found PowerCore on the internet and called to find out more. They invited me to visit a new team they were starting called the 78 Corridor team. The first visit was a lot to take in and I wasn’t sure if I was going to return. I did come to the following weeks meeting, and their was another IT guy there. Richard Burg pulled me aside and said “this other guy wants to join, but you have first dibs since you were here last week. Let me know what you want to do.” Life/business changing event. I wouldn’t even think of not doing it at this point.

5. Nancy Thysell
    October 3, 2016 | 4:58 pm

I learned about PowerCore and BNI through my training to become a Hypnotherapist. My instructors emphasized how important joining a networking group would be for me to grow my own business. The time and location of the 78 Corridor team fit my schdule. When I first considered attending a meeting, I contacted PowerCore and was told the basics. But at that time, I wasn’t quite ready to start. I finally came on my own. Chip Howard welcomed me to sit beside him as I was late (I got lost). He helped me through that meeting and then John Conley invited me to coffee. It’s been almost a year and I’m still here and learning more every day.

6. Scot Donaghy
    October 3, 2016 | 8:11 pm

My sister worked with Rich Howton and he told her that his powercore needed a handyman. I never heard of anything like this organization before. I have been the owner and operator of my business for over two years and thought to myself I’m doing fine I don’t think I need any type a networking group to grow my business. I could have not been more wrong. I am so grateful that I joined Powercore. Powercore has opened many doors. I have met some awesome clients that will be lifelong friends and clients. I highly recommend Powercore for anyone that wants to expand their business

7. Dr. Elbonie Hornbuckle
    October 4, 2016 | 5:58 pm

I was attending a Chiropractic and Attorney Networking meeting and Dr Dana was one of the first people I met that evening. He said he just relocated his office and he was with PowerCore and they were looking for a new Chiropractor for my area. I was actually already looking for a group to join, (had never heard of PowerCore) and there was an opening very close to my office. It took a few weeks to get to a meeting but I have not regretted meeting such a great group of professional people The 78 Corridor is awesome.

8. Diana Crawford
    October 5, 2016 | 9:01 am

I had just opened my own firm after leaving a firm of 15 years. I received a letter in the mail one day telling me about PowerCore from a mortgage broker just down the street from my office. I had been in an all women’s networking group before, and it lacked structure, and consequently referrals. I loved the structure of PowerCore and then really started loving the referrals. I happily just celebrated my 10th year in PowerCore.

Diana Crawford, CPA

9. Rich Houghton
    October 5, 2016 | 10:57 am

My son-in law was a member of the Marietta team at the time. He asked me to sub for him. I attended the meeting as his sub and found it to be rather interesting. I then contacted Powercore central and they informed me that a new team was forming close to home, and it’s name was the 78 Corridor Team. I attended the first meeting, and as they say: “The rest is history.” Now, almost 11 years later, I am one of the two original founding team members still active. It has been a blast these past 10+ years meeting a great many really nice people on Friday mornings.

10. Scott Buckley
    October 5, 2016 | 4:05 pm

My boss told me that I had to join a network group. He mentioned BNI and PowerCore as two groups that I should look into. PowerCore appeared to be more structured and focused so I decided to visit that group first. I recently joined and never bothered with BNI. I am so thankful to my boss, Bob, and his company (National Property Inspections) for giving me that “push” to get involved. Even though I am new, my eyes have been opened and I see the potential for growth in me and my career.

11. Reid Horne
    October 5, 2016 | 10:09 pm

So I was looking for design help with a project, and a common friend referred me to Paige Hudgins.

We met at Starbucks (original) and discussed the project, and Paige asked me what I was doing to market my construction company. She mentioned that she was in Powercore, which I had heard of as I had been previously a member of BNI.

I visited the Sandy Springs team twice, and wound up joining. At this point, more than half of my business of from PC. It’s been almost 5 years, and I’d have to say it was a good decision. Paige, I owe you a long island iced tea!

12. Carrie Leary
    October 6, 2016 | 12:17 pm

I was at a chamber of commerce meeting because I had recently moved here and I was trying to meet people to grow my business. I met Kris Cavanaugh and she told me that she was part of a really great networking group called PowerCore. She invited me to the meeting and the rest is history. My business would not be where it is today if I wasn’t in PowerCore. I love it and tell everyone about it!

13. Jamecia Bowers
    October 6, 2016 | 4:33 pm

I was invited to PowerCore and introduced to my first team by Priscilla Hollman. We met while I was volunteering at a bridal consulting conference downtown. She was giving complementary hand massages to promote her business and as a brand new spa owner I was curious to know how she marketed and advertised her business. She told me about PowerCore and how it worked. Priscilla also followed through by getting me in contact with PowerCore central. I was excited to see what it was all about and the rest is history. I was invited to the 78 Corridor team by Meg Crowley. She was coaching for my former team at the time and we had just decided to disband. She welcomed me to visit and join her team. Meg is a very welcoming person and she made me feel as though I would be a welcomed addition. I was happy to join!

14. Larry Black
    October 7, 2016 | 7:39 am

At a Senior Provider Network meeting I happened to meet a gentleman named Larry Lupas. He suggested that I might enjoy more success in referral gathering with a group called Power Core. When he said, “Free breakfast,” I was hooked.
    After one visit, I was sure that Power Core was right for me.