What to DO to GIVE Referrals: 7-Minute Presentation

Referral Trigger for the week of October 24
Topic: Invitations
Conversation lead by Buckhead Team (100% responses achieved)

CPA Chuck Aldenderfur had a system:
he invited five clients to visit each time he had a 7-Minute Presentation.
“I’m doing a short presentation you would benefit from at my referral
network next Thursday,”
Chuck would say, “you are welcome to attend
as my guest.”
Chuck’s clients observed him as an expert, saw the respect the Team showed
him, and learned information that supported their own business.
Chuck said three or four would attend, and he always got to do more business
with them. Other Team Members did, too.
Image of two confident businesswomen working with touchpad in office
Think about the Chuck Aldenderfer system.

Now think about the topic for your next 7-Minute Presentation.

• What business classification that is not filled
    at our table would benefit from hearing your next 7-Minute?
  • Tell us why it’s important for that business person to get the
    information you’re going to share.

We’ll use you as a reason to invite Visitors that day.

29 Responses to What to DO to GIVE Referrals: 7-Minute Presentation
  1. Michael O'Neill
    October 25, 2016 | 9:21 am

I would definitely invite a surveyor to my next 7 minute presentation on real estate litigation issues arising from surveys. The surveyor needs to know how to take the precautions to avoid costly lawsuits and unhappy customers. Some survey litigation issues can cost tens of thousands of dollars to resolve- all of which could be avoid with the proper planning. If the surveyor is sued, my presentation would also show how to minimize the damages in the lawsuit. A surveyor is a gateopener for me and I am a gateopener for a surveyor!

2. Karen Armstrong
    October 25, 2016 | 9:31 am

My next 7 minute is going to be on current real estate trends. I will invite a landscape designer to hear my presentation. We are great referral sources and gate openers for each other. Landscape is an element that can transform drab to fab when listing a home for sale. I need an excellent landscape designer on my referral list. I also think he/she would be a good gate opener for me because many people improve landscape when they are thinking of selling.

3. Bo Riddle
    October 25, 2016 | 9:38 am

I would invite an HVAC contractor. I will be doing my next 7 minute on the occupancy expenses that tenants face beyond the basic rent payment. Along with paid parking, i see tenants faced with the replacement cost of a HVAC unit very often. One of the ways to avoid this expense is to negotiate a cap on annual HVAC expenses and to enter into a maintenance agreement with a good HVAC contractor.
    So there exists an opportunity for referral reciprocity between a good HVAC contractor and myself.

4. Mark Thomas
    October 25, 2016 | 9:58 am

A body shop owner. I did my most recent 7 Minute last Friday on what steps to take after a car wreck which would be beneficial for a person who repairs vehicles. It would also help me because body shops are great Gate Openers for me.

5. Gregory Golden
    October 25, 2016 | 9:59 am

Attorneys with a different specialty than mine are great referral sources, and vice versa. As I only practice family law, other attorneys who only practice criminal defense, labor/employment, or bankruptcy, for example, will be asked by clients, family, and friends to help them with family law issues. These attorneys typically will not want to “touch” a family law case, just as I would not want to “touch” criminal defense, labor/employment, or bankruptcy cases. I would consider inviting other attorneys to the next meeting in which I am giving a 7-Minute presentation, so that they can hear me and have the opportunity to network with the other attorneys and non-attorneys on the Team.

6. Karen Armstrong
    October 25, 2016 | 10:22 am

7. Joe Gottlieb
    October 25, 2016 | 10:25 am

Many of my franchise clients are in transition from a corporate position and they have decided to try business ownership. I would benefit from a career coach who helps displaced executives determine what they will do in the next stage of their lives.

8. Gene Summers
    October 25, 2016 | 11:40 am

Property Managers are a primary client for the Private Security industry. They can be either on the Residential side (apartments, condos, etc) or on the Commercial side (office buildings, malls, etc).

It would be beneficial for them to gain insights into why “low price” does not always translate into best value. I enjoy showing how a well trained, more professional force of guards will generate superior results for both my client and for THEIR clients.

9. Russell Earnest
    October 25, 2016 | 2:30 pm

What a great idea. I’d love it if those owning service businesses, like plumbers, electricians or construction had heard my 7 Minute on Dispatching & Crew Management software implementation. 64% of small business owners know they should be making better use of technology, they just think it’s too expensive or unmanageable. I can show them quickly the benefits & a path to success. In addition, these would make great new members to our team.

10. Nancy Bour
    October 25, 2016 | 2:31 pm

A discharge planner at a hospital would want to hear my 7 minute as I will begin a series addressing infection control in our clients’ homes. Many of our clients have multiple diagnosis, fall, have infections, etc that cause a visit to the hospital. Hospitals are motivated by health insurance companies, medicare, and medicaid to lower the readmission rate. If they have too many readmissions they suffer a financial penalty. Good infection control in the home for people with compromised immune systems can contribute to a lower rate.

11. Carrie Hodges
    October 25, 2016 | 4:30 pm

While I hold the “Life & Health Insurance” seat in the Buckhead group, I actually do not do Life Insurance. Because of this it would be beneficial for me to invite someone who does Life Insurance so that we can work together as a team.

12. Jesse Long
    October 25, 2016 | 10:16 pm

A business coach would benefit from seeing my next 7 minute presentation, on making offices more efficient. Business coaches know when their clients need help with technology, and they know the improvement is realized in processes as well as profits.

13. Dr. James Myers
    October 26, 2016 | 8:16 am

I would invite a Family Medicine Medical Doctor. My next 7-minute is information about the importance of addressing adult spinal deformity and helping restore proper central nervous system function. They would want to learn this information because it would be a great avenue for difficult cases that are not responding well to traditional medicine. On the other aspect would open a great referral source for me as well for cases that are out of my scope of practice and would warrant the evaluation and treatment of a medical doctor.

14. Linda Kuryloski
    October 26, 2016 | 8:40 am

A non profit consultant would benefit from hearing my 7 minute describing in the various retirement plans that are available to help non profit organizations help their employees reach their retirement goals!

15. Jennifer Raby
    October 26, 2016 | 9:17 am

Professionals who work in personal services that require frequent one-on-one contact with their clients – stylists, shoppers, personal chefs, personal assistants – would be great people to hear my next 7-minute. I train a lot of busy professionals who often require some help just to carve out the time to come to me, and will be doing my next presentation on the variations of circuit workouts I assign clients based on their abilities, goals, and how much time they can honestly dedicate to working out!

16. Rebecca Zimmerman
    October 26, 2016 | 9:40 am

Business and employment attorneys, CPA’s working with businesses and business coaches – as my next 7-minute presentation will address the cost – emotionally, physically and financially of conflict in the work place

17. Heather Riggs
    October 26, 2016 | 9:55 am

An SEO vendor, such as a pay-per-click strategist, would benefit from hearing my SevenMinute presentation on how content marketing influences SEO, and how I work with other marketers to compliment the services that they provide. Our mutual client gets a well-rounded internet presence, and the pay-per-click strategist’s services are enhanced by mine. Both content marketing and pay-per-click are very popular amoung attorneys, and they often want to pursue both solutions.

18. Lisa Robinson
    October 26, 2016 | 10:16 am

A business banker would benefit from hearing my next 7-minute presentation on budgeting and forecasting. The presentation will demonstrate how I educate my clients and take a hands on approach to guiding my business clients.

19. Kevin Ames
    October 26, 2016 | 11:06 am

One of my areas of photography is architecture and interiors. I would invite architects, space planners and interior designers to see a presentation on “Making Building Portraits–Outside and In.”

20. Michael Kuperman
    October 26, 2016 | 11:14 am

A person in the services industry, whether it be the owner of a restaurant or plumbing company, would benefit from hearing about my 7 minute on employee practices liability insurance. This coverage not only protects the owner from claims made against their employees but also can protect the owner from claims by the employees about patrons or clients.

21. Rob Riggs
    October 26, 2016 | 12:22 pm

I’d love to invite a graphic designer to my next 7 minute presentation. I typically demonstrate a technical solution that can benefit many business organizations that may leverage a web/graphic designer. The designer usually is skilled at the user experience, but is often not as well-versed with the backend technology that leverages User Experience to affect better Search Engine performance or streamline back office processes for improved ROI. When they catch onto business solutions that bring value to their projects, they will bring me up in conversations with their clients, and that’s a three-way win/win/win.

22. David Wise
    October 26, 2016 | 1:13 pm

Home Inspectors and/or Interior Decorators would benefit from my presentation. We can make them look good by referring to us.

23. Taylor Sellers
    October 26, 2016 | 2:09 pm

My next 7 minute presentation is going to cover what I do (and do not) handle in the real estate process. While the best two occupations for the presentation are real estate agents and loan officers, our team has two great members filling those roles. The next best person would be an attorney whose litigation practice includes issues arising from real estate transactions (evictions, leases disputes, easement issues, etc.) My presentation would help clarify what the transaction process to so they know going in where the issues likely arose which could streamline the litigation process for them and their clients.

24. Chantel Cohen
    October 26, 2016 | 5:46 pm

A wedding planner would be a great person to invite. I could make their job easier by dealing with the emotional stressors of getting married and to handle any linger issues that the couple may be experiencing before they get married … premartial, so that they don’t have to do martial counseling. That way they don’t have to see me 5 years down the road

25. Brian Prusik
    October 26, 2016 | 9:45 pm

Immigration attorneys would benefit from hearing my 7-minute presentation describing the steps involved in proving familial relationship through DNA testing. This is an important part of sponsoring a family member for immigration into the United States from their native country.

26. Jim Lewis
    October 27, 2016 | 9:47 am

It is estimated that when someone sells a home there are on average 36 different business that are involved in the transaction within the 30 days they list the home until 90 days after they close on the sale. One of these service providers is a Pest Control Specialist. At my next 7 minute I will invite PCS I refer when asked for a recommendation. He would benefit from being in a group where the Real Estate Sector has started doing a lot of work and cross-referrals with one another.

27. Rachel Schwartz
    October 27, 2016 | 12:59 pm

In my next 7 minute presentation I plan on discussing how Heartland Payroll can help businesses with job costing. A good category of business to invite to hear my presentation would be any type of manufacturing business. Manufacturing businesses need to track their costs by the job. We have the ability to separate each job into categories such as Direct Materials, Direct Labor and Manufacturing Overhead. I will explain in detail how this can increase the profit for the business by adding this feature to their payroll package.

28. Ginger Arnold
    October 27, 2016 | 2:51 pm

When I do my next 7 minute presentation, I would like to invite a wedding planner. They are good gateopeners for me because they touch the lives of many couples who need to do estate planning to plan for their new future together. Even though they may be young and not have very many assets yet, the couple still needs to make sure they have important financial and health care documents in place. Having a wedding planner suggest that their clients meet with an estate planning attorney shows that they genuinely care about their client’s future. Showing they have resources in all aspects of getting married (not just the event) will make them more credible with their own future clients.

29. Carrie Jones
    October 27, 2016 | 11:19 pm

A small, growing independent painting contractor would benefit from hearing my next 7-minute presentation about The Benefits of Bees. He is juggling ringing phones and managing his own schedule — much less his crew(s)! He will learn that bees do office support better. And he would realize delegating to the bees is a win-win, which allows him more time to focus on that which he does best, while receiving great customer service at the same time!