What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Reciprocity Is A Primary Principle of Referrals

Referral Trigger for the week of January 2
Topic: Reciprocity Is A Primary Principle of Referrals
Conversation lead by the Fayette Team

business man writing business strategy concept A system is a process, with several steps, that you use every time,
to insure consistent results.Share one of your systems for generating referrals.Tell us each of the steps in your process:
1:  Start with how you identify or create the opportunity,
2: Share how you ask the prospect whether
     they’re interested in an introduction, and
3: Tell how you make the three-way connection.

8 Responses to What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Reciprocity Is A Primary Principle of Referrals
  1. Wendy Kinney
    December 30, 2016 | 12:07 pm

1: Opportunities come up in conversations about life.
    When a Member shared a cancer diagnosis I asked if he likes his oncologist. It would be rude to steer the conversation away from him, to a referral, without finding out if he’s happy with what he’s doing now.

2: When they are interested in meeting you I offer an email introduction.
    Sometimes they say no, they’re not ready yet, just give them the contact info. I always respect that boundary because I’ve had people connect me without checking in first: awkward.

3: My email includes a link to your profile page where I tell them to find your contact information. Then I take a snip of your profile page and highlight what they should look at – maybe it’s an endorsement letter that is relevant, or a Referral Trigger answer, or a 7-Minute video.

If your email is right there at the top, with theirs, it’s appropriate for you to hit reply or pick up the phone and begin a conversation. If I’ve bcc‘d you – blind carbon copy – it means they want to initiate contact, this is information so you’ll know what they’re interested in – they can’t see that I copied you, PLEASE don’t reach out to them.

2. Venis Sims
    December 30, 2016 | 2:57 pm

Opportunities abound! They are everywhere we go. Being PRESENT to take advantage of them is the key.

I listen intently. Not waiting for my turn to speak, but actually listen to the person. Doing so will clue me in that they do or do not want an introduction.

I use email introductions once it is clear that both parties are ready. I structure the email exactly as I would an in person introduction. Bob, this is Sue. Sue is blah blah blah. Sue meet Bob. Bob is a blankety blank at blankety blank.

3. Izzy
    January 1, 2017 | 2:15 pm

Till I joined power core I didn’t know from nothing.i discovered my gate openers as I progressed in the team. I now know how to.ask for home owners insurance reps . And give them a coupon for appraisals it’s a win win for both they shine in front of their client finding a good man to take care of them and we get new clients. I also learned to educate every financial planner with the financial help we can provide to their strapped for money clients .we offer to buy their precious jewelry and relife the stress. Same with Devore attorneys. It helps create buisness that was not available to me if I wasn’t in power core.it also helps to belong becuse only good high achievers and reputable businessman can stay in this group.

4. Sheila Rambeck
    January 3, 2017 | 11:29 am

Since I delve into my clients’ deepest, darkest areas of finance and life (estate planning and bankruptcy), the opportunities arise for me to guide them to people who can ease their problems.

If they are interested or if I really, really think they need this person, I hand my client a business card if they are on my team, tell them I have breakfast with this person once a week (or that I have coffee with them regularly), and that I will contact that person and have them call my client (or do a 3-way e-mail, if the client prefers). It’s all about how my client wants to connect; I do what they want.

5. Connie Jones
    January 3, 2017 | 3:43 pm

As I discuss many areas of life and business with my clients, I have opportunities to guide them to people who provide them with resources and services that meet their needs and solutions to resolve their problems.

I tell them about the person and the service or product they can offer them, and highly recommend them to my client. I give my client a business card for that person, and let them know that I will let the person know they will be calling or let the Power Core member know to contact my client. I find out how they prefer the connection to be made and follow through.

6. Jeff Bartholomew
    January 3, 2017 | 6:08 pm

Here is my process:
    1. At every meeting I attend, I am thinking about my Powercore team and I am listening for opportunities for each of you.
    2. When I hear an opportunity, I say I have a FRIEND who is in a business that can help them solve their particular issue.
    3. I then make a 3-way connection via email with a very specific introduction for each person telling specifically what the other person needs and what the Powercore member’s capabilities are.

7. Ellie White-Stevens
    January 3, 2017 | 6:37 pm

I listen consultatively during client meetings and networking coffees. When I hear a trigger word or phrase, I’ll ask if they are looking for a great professional who does xx. Then, I always ask, “Can I have her call you?” If they agree, I make the connection by three way email. One of my tricks is always to say good things about both of them to each other in that message. It makes them both read the message–because who doesn’t want to read a compliment about themselves? It puts them both in a great frame of mind for working together. I make it clear in the email message that the person who will make the money can call the other person, and I include contact information for both of them.

8. Marie Metzger
    January 3, 2017 | 6:48 pm

I identify opportunities for referrals by listening to what customers’ needs are either during their initial intake for insurance or just in everyday life. Once I’ve identified the need, I tell them that I have a friend that can help you. I can have them give you a call. If this is the preferred method of contact, I immediately either start that email conversation between both parties or call/ text the clients information over to them.