Referral Trigger for the week of January 9
Topic: Reciprocity Is A Primary Principle of Referrals
Conversation lead by the Greater Gwinnett Team (100% responses achieved)

Hello, my name is Cell phones make it easy to jot down an email address on a referral record
during the meeting and call it a referral – but cold call information
on a referral record doesn’t make it a referral.
How do you make sure the referrals you give
are triangles of introduction,
so you get benefit
from giving the referral, and
we have the
comfort of a personal introduction?

15 Responses to What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Reciprocity Is A Primary Principle of Referrals -Introductions
  1. Wendy Kinney
    January 6, 2017 | 10:12 am

When I get an idea in the meeting I pass the white + yellow copies, still hooked together, to the Member, [Since I’m not a Member, I won’t be back next week to turn it in “properly”] and tell them to turn the yellow in for me when the connection happens. The pink stays with me, to remind me to make the connection happen when I get to my desk.

Life being what it is . . . I’m always grateful when a Member reaches out to remind me, like http://powercore.net/member-directory/member/dr-frank-patterson/ did. It was a gift to have him email “You had mentioned that I should be in touch with Dr. Shawn Bisacco. Should I email him directly, or did you want to make the introduction?”

2. Dr. Mark Sheridan
    January 6, 2017 | 10:27 am

I give both parties contact information and ask permission for contact to be made!

3. Sam Lysinger
    January 6, 2017 | 11:34 am

When I think of a referral during the meeting, I fill out the referral form and date it for the following week. Then I make the three way connection. Once it is determined that it is a referral and not a lead, I turn in the referral record (which may be more than a week, but it’s at least filled out and ready for when it is legit).

4. Mark Magee
    January 6, 2017 | 11:50 am

It really depends on the referral type, but I usually try to introduce everyone with a three way email first. Then I let them decide how they want to proceed.
    In some situations where I know someone that needs a service from a member, I will fill out the slip in the meeting and text the referral person, letting them know the persons name from my group will be contacting them to take care of a service that they need.

5. Kevin Guidry
    January 6, 2017 | 12:11 pm

Often the referral is made and completed prior to my PowerCore meeting. So, the cell phone contact info is used to formalize the referral. If a light goes off and I can make a connection based on something said in the meeting, that’s different. In this case I’ll pass the referral and then reach out after the meeting so that all parties are duly informed.

6. Ella Carter
    January 6, 2017 | 1:36 pm

When I complete a referral form before the meeting, I endeavor to make sure there has at least been a text; email or phone call made between me and the two parties I’m connecting. If a referral sparks during a meeting, my best results have been to text both parties immediately following the meeting; follow up with a thee-way email and a call as needed.

7. Michael Matthys
    January 6, 2017 | 4:09 pm

I make the connection by giving the potential client the email and phone # of the PowerCore person and vice versa or do a 3 way email. Sometimes I get the PowerCore person on the phone while I’m with the potential client and let the potential client talk with the PowerCore person so they can work out the details to meet up.

8. Hank Barnett
    January 6, 2017 | 4:45 pm

Following the lead of others, I will do a three way email of introduction with contact information for all parties.

9. Dr. Cara Iovino
    January 7, 2017 | 11:33 pm

I give the referral the slip (I always keep 5 with me).
    I tell them “I’ll facilitate the connection, jot down the best number for him to reach you!”
    That way it’s a HOT referral, not a cold call.
    If I want to facilitate an connection that was triggered during the meeting, I’ll text or call the referra immediately after the meeting.

10. Susan Phan
    January 9, 2017 | 10:19 am

Usually, the three-way connection has been made before the meeting and before I fill out the referral slip either through email or by phone so that the cell phone number on the slip will not be a cold call. I will also make sure that I have already spoken with the referral to ensure that they know who will be calling them.

11. Richard Chalmers
    January 9, 2017 | 12:11 pm

In a meeting if I get a thought I would text or email the person to let them know that I have someone that can take are of their situation. If I get a rely back during the meeting I would fill out a referral and pass it. If no reply I’ll hold it until I have a chance to talk to the person.

12. Amy Wilemon
    January 9, 2017 | 3:54 pm

When I am talking to the potential referral, I ask direct questions like “What time do you want me to have Jim call you about that kitchen rehab?” or “Would tomorrow be a good day for Valerie to call you about looking for that rental property?”. I set expectations with the referral that the vendor they need will be calling them in a set timeframe. That way, they are expecting it!

13. Garrett Hurst
    January 11, 2017 | 6:54 pm

Whenever I initially notice a referral opportunity, I ask that person if they would be open to an introduction to someone that I know and trust that I think would be able to help them. If I get the go-ahead from them, I will either set up a 3-way coffee/lunch or send a 3-way email introducing the two.

14. Steve Dworschak
    January 12, 2017 | 6:41 am

To ensure that the triangle of introduction occurs, I send the initial three way e-mail or text or CALL THE PERSON as necessary. People seem so hesitant to pick up the phone and TALK TO PEOPLE in current times! If you can force yourself to do that, you will probably make a better impression on all included persons!

15. David Ellner
    January 13, 2017 | 2:48 pm

When I speak with the referral, I try to recognize and understand their need. That is when I tell them that I meet regularly with someone that can help meet their deed. I give them the name and phone number of my PowerCore teammate. I also tell the referral I will pass their contact information to my teammate. I contact my teammate and pass along the referral information. After, I reach out to the referral to let them know the information has been passed along and they should expect a call. I often do this with a three way email introduction.