Referral Trigger for the week of January 16
Topic: Reciprocity Is A Primary Principle of Referrals
Conversation lead by the Roswell West Team  (100% responses achieved)

teamwork_GJrIPyPu_L The Cambridge English Dictionary defines reciprocity as
behavior in which two people, or groups of people,
give each other help and advantages.1: Share an advantage you’ve received from the Team
or a Team Member,

2: then tell us if you’ve already reciprocated, and how,
3: or if you’re still looking for a way to repay this benefit.

14 Responses to What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Reciprocity Is A Primary Principle of Referrals – Team
  1. John Gallagher
    January 13, 2017 | 11:19 am

When I assist others without looking for anything in exchange, they see the genuine helpfulness that I offer. Many times that comes back as a positive reflection of myself and sometimes turns into a referral.

2. Dave Runyon
    January 13, 2017 | 12:13 pm

Reciprocity, Two recent acts have been from Doug Durham, where he called to inquire about an auto loan for one of his existing client. I prepared the quote and still are awaiting the outcome. Another is a policyholder that was involved with an auto accident. In this case we referred the policyholder to Dr. Mark Sheridan that is a member of our team. I am in the follow stage on both of these people.

In both cases I expect activity as result of these efforts.
    Dave

3. Amy Wilemon
    January 13, 2017 | 12:53 pm

Being Educated about my team
    1: I feel like I learn something insightful from different individuals weekly like when Valerie talked about enhanced title insurance or when Deanna talked about specifics of what she recommends on insurance coverage and why. Today I learned the you take money from a Roth IRA to buy a house – thanks Garrett.
    2: No client is the same. Giving examples of different types of home buyers and their situations gives my team the insight to know what type of client I am looking to help. Also, giving them some ideal gate openers for me to bring to the meeting as visitors is helpful too.
    3: I am always looking for ways to repay this benefit. That should never stop!

4. Archana Patel
    January 13, 2017 | 1:18 pm

I met Carrie Jones, The Hive Solution. She invited me to a women’s networking event and that event introduced me to two doctors and an attorney. It changed my business. Then, one of my client’s Paul was looking for office staff. I introduced Paul to Carrie and they both are doing business together and have built a good network with lots of connections and multiple opportunities. It has become a relationship where it generates exponential referrals. Thanks Carrie.

5. Jim Tilghman
    January 13, 2017 | 1:30 pm

In my first 3 months of PowerCore I have seen the vast opportunities for referrals and reciprocity within my team. Our newly formed team has passed a bunch of referrals and we are already seeing “We Did Business”. My experience is that you get what you give.

6. izzy israeli
    January 13, 2017 | 2:21 pm

Susan frayly my raltor took care of my children . so i search ask and refer to her anybody telling me they need to sell.

7. Evan O'Brien
    January 13, 2017 | 5:14 pm

1: Valerie informed me of PowerCore about 8 months ago and although our team is only 3 months in, I have been able to learn about multiple business that only add more value to mine. From how to protect your intellectual property, to what you really need to know before buying a house and what to look for. In the beginning stages we were searching to find our 10 members.
    2: to give back to Valerie for inviting me I was able to help secure our 10th member.
    3: As I am working to help a team member now with his business, I am also working to refer some clients that will be in need of his services in 2 months or less. During my meetings with potential clients I always strive to recommend at least one of my team members.

8. Deanna Schuelke
    January 13, 2017 | 5:16 pm

I had actually tried out for another Powercore group and did not make it, however, in 2 weeks Valerie contacted me to be on her Roswell Team. I feel like that if we all work together WE WILL all be Successful. Sometimes it is not about just getting the business but I know Garrett had referred me a client, I could not help her however, I represent the company that she is will so I will become her Agent. I think it is about teamwork.

9. Valerie Brutti
    January 15, 2017 | 3:03 pm

Being on a team creates synergy when members have a winning spirit to grow and give to others. Amy Wilemon, Deanna Schuelke, and Evan O’Brein were key to helping me create a new team in Roswell. Their dedication and excitement brought people to the table. I have been talking to lots of restaurants owners to see if they are in need a merchants service advise. They would definitely want to connect with Evan. I have given other realtors Amy and Deanna’s information so they can have more people flowing business their way.

10. Mike Moreland
    January 15, 2017 | 7:50 pm

Reciprocity for me is coming in reverse. I have hired Brandon and Evan to help me with a launch of a new division of my company. Even though I am hiring them, I receiving the benefits from their expertise driving new business to my company.

11. Brandon Cockrell
    January 16, 2017 | 4:17 pm

I have benefited a lot from the team over the past few months. They have introduced me to a lot of new potential customers and partners that I believe will be crucial to my business. That said, I continue to focus my efforts outside of our meetings to seek referral opportunities for all of my team members. My belief is that if you want someone to do something for you then you must do something for them first. I never have expectations of receiving business, rather my focus is truly to help everyone on my team grow their business. If everyone on our team is thriving then it can do nothing but mean great things for all of us.

12. Dr. Dawn Hazzard
    January 17, 2017 | 8:57 am

1. An advantage I received was in my very first PowerCore class. Even though I had just found out my mother passed away at 3:30 am that same morning, I was committed to go. I was able to talk to a Power Core team member later that day and I was on my way with a better understanding on what to look for in an estate lawyer.

2. Even though I don’t have any referrals to give as of yet, I am actively keeping my ears open to see if one of my Roswell West team members can be a referral.

3. I will always keep my ears open to repay the many benefits from any PowerCore member on any team. I truly believe that I have learned a lot from being a part of this association and I am grateful.

13. Garrett Hurst
    January 17, 2017 | 1:30 pm

I’ve received numerous advantages from being a member of our team, especially given the short time we’ve been together. One in particulary is that as soon as I joined this team, I instantly added a whole group of advocates and potential referral sources for my business, which can otherwise take years to acquire. More important than this is that through meeting every week and getting to know each other both personally and professionally, I now have a group of individuals that I know and trust that I’m able to refer my clients to whenever a need arises.

14. Sonya McFarland
    January 17, 2017 | 2:48 pm

“Influence” is one advantage that I have received from my newly formed Roswell West Team. My Team offers exclusive information and samples about their products and services. The formula for using the Rule of Reciprocity is simple. When we give, we receive. Archana Patel, Life Coach, motivates me weekly! She has helped to bring structure back to my daily business. I am inviting Archana to my next networking event at Bank of North Georgia. I would like to introduce her to my co-workers and give her the opportunity to speak to some of our business owners.