What to DO to GET Referrals: FeedForward Cards – Information

Referral Trigger for the week of February 20
Topic: FeedForward Cards
Conversation lead by the North Fulton Team (100% responses achieved)

Ancient steps New information is the requirement for word-of-mouth.
The back of the FeedForward card is where we learn if we hit the goal.Because we’re familiar with our own business what is new to
Team Members can be a surprise.Share a comment from the back of a FeedForward Card
that surprised you, because you really thought everyone knew that.What do you do, now, to be sure clients have that info?

17 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: FeedForward Cards – Information
  1. Wendy Kinney
    February 17, 2017 | 1:09 pm

To me (for obvious reasons) filling out a Referral Record is just – intuitive.

So it gives me a grin, every month, when many (really – MANY) FeedForward cards come back from Orientation Essentials saying that the best thing they learned was how to fill out a Referral Record. And reminds me why it’s an important topic to cover. Thank you!

2. Jaad Nicholas
    February 21, 2017 | 10:58 am

My first Seven Minute presentation was about mortgage interest rates and how the financial markets impact mortgage interest rates. Through the FeedForward cards I quickly learned that I really needed to be focused on the basics of what mortgages are and how to get pre-approved to purchase a home. My next several InfoMinutes and Seven Minute presentations were focused on those subjects and the results were fantastic!

3. Eric Wilson
    February 21, 2017 | 11:24 am

I thought I had done a good job of letting everyone know that I didn’t charge for a retirement analysis. When I got this question it made it the focus for my next 7 minute and I make sure I clearly make that point known to everyone.

4. Tom Martin
    February 21, 2017 | 12:53 pm

In a recent 7-minute, team members took a “rapid-fire” version of a personal growth assessment I use with clients. The visual nature of the assessment combined with descriptions about the results produced multiple questions about level of detail I have with coaching clients. Since then I have been making sure to be less abstract and more specific how the positive coaching outcomes occur.

5. Mindy Wolf
    February 21, 2017 | 1:23 pm

Surprisingly, it never occurred to me to talk about the personal legal services I provide to business owners and their key people. I have, so far, been able to share some of that information in one-on-one meetings. As small business owners, business and personal legal needs often overlap, making it difficult for them to focus on business. I pride myself on enabling my clients to watch their business because I watch their back.

6. Dr. Donna B. Goodwin
    February 22, 2017 | 1:19 pm

I spoke during one 7-Minute Presentation about how chiropractors partner with medical doctors, imaging centers and personal injury attorneys to make sure a new victim of a car wreck, whether it was his/her fault or not, needs a TEAM of professionals working for him/her in order to make sure injuries are taken care of, that healing can begin and legal interests are properly handled. Someone indicated on the back of the FeedForward Card that this was a surprise; this was something not previously known that I thought most everybody knew! Now, in my InfoMinutes and 7-Minute Presentations on personal injury, I make sure to go over how important it is to have a TEAM working for a car wreck victim and that no money is due up-front; these are all contingency cases for the attorneys, and chiropractors and other doctors are paid out of the resulting settlement.

Dr. Donna B. Goodwin
    Blue Ribbon Chiropractic
    678-867-2305
    DrDonna@BlueRibbonChiro.com

7. Lynn Spencer
    February 22, 2017 | 8:11 pm

I love one-on-one conversations with just about anybody. Presentations (in front of more than one person), however, really are quite difficult for me. Reading the back of the FeedForward cards gave me the confidence to know that I can give valuable information to a group of people. I presented lots of information in 7 minutes and knew beforehand that I needed more time to give a complete picture. The FeedForward cards gave me the direction for the future infominutes that I am currently working through. I love having my PowerCore team as a part of my business growth, personal growth, and short-list of referrals I am proud to give my clients and neighbors. We really are a team, and more!

8. Andrew Jones Jr.
    February 23, 2017 | 12:22 am

After a 7 minute presentation, I was surprised to see that there was someone who didn’t know what Wainscoting was, or that there were so many variations. I thought everyone watched HGTV!
    I suppose no detail is too minor to leave out of a presentation. I can be a challage to dissect ones business to that degree, but it’s obviously important!

9. Bob Stone
    February 23, 2017 | 12:56 pm

I just did my 7 Minute presentation this week!
    I talked about how to get your air conditioner
    ready for the Hot summer that is predicted!
    I always talk about our services but must not talk about price enough as had several feed forward cards
    asking what we charge. I will try to talk price more often going forward so my sales force has all
    the info they need!

Bob Stone

10. Holly Win
    February 23, 2017 | 1:20 pm

As a Business Banker, I have given a wealth of information on the business accounts and services that can be customized to fit the needs of each customer. One of the comments on the back of the FeedForward card was “How do you sign up to get a Business Account?” It occurred to me that “come see me” would not be a sufficient answer! I have the ability to get required information from my potential customers and evaluate their needs in a number of ways, prepare the paperwork ahead of time for their convenience, and simply have them visit the branch to verify ID and sign. For each customer, I strive to utilize the most efficient methods to make business banking as seamless as possible for my customers’ ultimate success!

11. Trent Phillips
    February 23, 2017 | 1:39 pm

I think my team members were surprised at the cost of doing social media marketing and what was involved in creating a robust social media following. I think because they all use social media individually, they did not understand how these tools can be used in a business. Things like using Twitter for PR and using a blog to drive potential clients to there website and how it improves your website ranking on google was very surprising to them.

Trent Phillips
    Bizography.com

12. Carrie Jones
    February 23, 2017 | 3:35 pm

I had been receiving a lot of questions about what exactly The Hive Solution’s team of “bees” can do for our entrepreneurs (besides answer phones and scheduling).

This sparked an entire series of InfoMinutes and a 7-minute about the many benefits bees bring. In fact, there are so many benefits, I will be creating a second series of bee benefits in the coming months!

This set of questions also inspired another series of InfoMinutes and 7-Minutes about the different Hats entrepreneur’s wear and how the bees can relieve a hat or two!

13. Terence Dowling
    February 23, 2017 | 5:14 pm

I once recevied a comment regarding the medical payments coverage on homeowners insurance. The question read “If you have major medical do you still need medical payments on your homeowners policy?” I created an info minute explaining that medical payments on your homeowners policy is for others and never yourself.

14. Michael Patrick
    February 23, 2017 | 6:12 pm

From my last seven minute presentation I received multiple comments saying that they were surprised to learn that we offer green pest services using plant based products, and that they were as effective as traditional products. It surprised me because my company prides itself on being the leader in green pest control, so I had been making the assumption that it was well known and had up to this point neglected to focus on that aspect not only in our weekly meetings but when talking to customers. In the last week of making sure to communicate that to customers I was shocked at how many people didn’t know that our “Green Elite” programs are actually green, and I believe that it has led to multiple sales I wouldn’t have otherwise made because I differentiated our services from the competition.

15. David Mills
    February 23, 2017 | 6:18 pm

It was surprising when I was asked, “Is it really necessary to pay for an independent property inspection when buying a new construction home? Doesn’t the county inspect and sign off on the construction? Isn’t that enough?”

I let my clients know that yes, the county does conduct multiple inspections, but generally it is not good enough to catch all defects, code violations or manufacture installation requirements. I recommend hiring a professional home inspector certified and experienced in working with new construction. And a critical time to do an inspection for new construction, is just before the sheetrock and insulation is installed. Remember the old saying, “sheetrock covers a multitude of sins”. In my opinion, the pre-sheetrock inspection is crucial. So, for a better outcome with new construction homes, inspect, inspect, inspect. The David Mills Team – Expect Better!

16. Jeanne Bynum Hipes
    February 23, 2017 | 6:58 pm

I guess as I lawyer, I have to say I feel like nothing surprises me. I really can’t say I have been surprised by anything I received on a feed forward card, but I was surprised by a conversation with a very smart and thoughtful PowerCore member who listens intently to my 7-Min presentations. She had heard my discussions of “protected classes” and, based on that information, she told me that she chose not to fire someone in her business that she believed was in a protected class (Female well over age 50), even though it sounded like this employee really needed to be fired. When I heard that, I asked her how many employees were in her firm. When she told me the number (under 15), I explained that the protected class designation and the related discrimination law only applies to firms where there are 15 or more employees. Her firm was not covered because it had fewer than 15, so she could fire this female over-50 employee without fear of facing a legitimate federal discrimination claim. Although I had stated the business size requirements on other 7-Minute presentation occasions, it became obvious that I needed to emphasize in future 7-minutes that these presentations are not legal advice and can’t possibly include everything one should consider in making a decision about employees. Bottom line: before making a decision based on your understanding of employment law from PowerCore presentations, please ask me, or another lawyer that knows employment law. There could be some key information helpful or harmful to your case that either you can’t know in just 7-minute presentations, or which was disclosed in 7-Minute presentations before your time, or when you happened to be out. I am here to help, so welcome questions about any particular case.

17. John Gallagher
    February 24, 2017 | 10:18 am

I did not realize that many members did not know of the many categories of promotional items that the Promo Shop provides. I try to mention new products as much as possible
    and I have included a new products category onto the website: http://www.thepromoshop.com/New-Promotional-Items.html