What to DO to GET Referrals: FeedForward Cards – Topics

Referral Trigger for the week of February 6
Topic: FeedForward Cards
Conversation lead by the Midtown Team

Stairway in park winter season with snow FeedForward questions are most valuable when we create six InfoMinutes from each question.
Share a single question that made you think for a couple of weeks,
and then tell us the topics for each of the six weeks of InfoMinutes
you created because of that one question.If you’ve turned in We Did Business slips because of that series,
this is the time to say thank you.

14 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: FeedForward Cards – Topics
  1. Sam Lysinger
    February 3, 2017 | 10:08 am

For years, I would be asked in feed forward cards if I fixed MACs. I had never done a single infominute, let alone 7 minute presentation on them. I do repair them, but I am personally not a fan of them, so I never did anything with the topic. Finally, I realized the opportunity and spent 6 weeks on recent stories about broken Macs, all the fun ways they break, and how to fix them. The Mac enthusiasts on our team didn’t want to believe that Macs break, but I have a pile of dead ones, that I keep for parts, to prove it 🙂

2. Dr. Bryan Stotz
    February 3, 2017 | 7:02 pm

I talk a lot about stress and the negative effect it has on our bodies and our health. I found that when you mention stress most people think of the stress of meeting a deadline or having too much on your plate at once. There are several different types of stress such as physical, mental, emotional, repetitive, and chemical stress that all play a role in the health of our spine and health overall. I spent 6 weeks talking about these other forms of stress, how to recognize it, and what we will do as chiropractors to correct it.

3. Jason Bates
    February 3, 2017 | 7:03 pm

I recently did my 7 minute presentation after switching firms. This prompted several questions about differences between the firms. So I spent the next six weeks talking about how my new team makes a difference for my clients by providing direction and clarity to their finances.

4. Dyci Sfregola
    February 4, 2017 | 7:44 pm

I am currently doing a series on small parcel services. Since our company is one of only two companies nationwide authorized to resell services, I often have people ask me, “What’s the difference between UPS and FedEx?” and “Does FedEx have a similar partnership with a logistics company?” The answer to the latter is no. They have also said they will not be developing a program in the future. As far as the differences between UPS and FedEx, the simple answer: There is no difference.

Many people wrongly believe that FedEx is for express services and UPS is for ground services. Both carriers offer the same services and the only difference you will truly see is the color of the envelopes and the price, depending on what you are able to negotiate with your account rep.

5. Ed Torrence
    February 5, 2017 | 11:26 am

I frequently get questions from my 7-minute presentations regarding carpet cushion, which led to a serious of infominutes on carpet cushion. The topics included the types of carpet cushions; the benefits from an upgraded carpet cushion; which carpet cushions I recommend for various applications; recyclability of carpet cushion; economical carpet cushion options for rental homes, homes being sold, home investors; and when to consider re-using the existing carpet cushion.

6. Jonathan Minsk
    February 7, 2017 | 12:06 pm

A question I am commonly asked pertains to the minimum down payment required to obtain a mortgage. Many are under the impression 20% is required, but that is not the case. The range is 0 -20% depending on several factors, and I try to demonstrate this with different scenarios presented in my Infominutes and 7 Minute presentations.

7. Melissa Darrow
    February 7, 2017 | 12:36 pm

One question I used for a series of 1 minutes was what is the difference between a CPA and an accountant. I have clarified the difference for my team and listed what we can do and what we can’t do and when we refer to CPA’s and tax attorneys. As accountants we can do many things and I let my team know this as well.

8. Greg Jordan
    February 7, 2017 | 2:00 pm

One question I received from my seven-minute presentation was about how I trained my staff. This question generated info minutes about safety, customer service, employee training, and pricing. In fact, I rolled all this information into a new seven-minute.

9. Stephen Dufour, II
    February 7, 2017 | 2:15 pm

As an American Family Insurance Agent there’s a lot of things I can do to help my clients. Because I am in the “P&C Insurance” seat I have to be careful not to cross over into too many topics that conflict with another members seat. However, I was lucky enough that I also discuss commercial insurance on my team. I was asked during a 7-minute if I did commercial insurance. It lead me to 6 info minutes discussing the specific types of clients who I am a good fit for. I turned in 2 “We did business” slips as a result.

10. Devon McKenna
    February 7, 2017 | 4:36 pm

One of my 7-minutes was about the extra level of service that I provide my clients that you don’t find in most photography companies, especially ones that focus primarily on seasonal, themed “mini-shoots.” From there, my next few infominute topics included the full retouching on all final photos, the archival quality of the inks and papers from my professional print labs, the museum-quality custom framing that will last for 100+ years, following all the way through to full install of your art in your home.

11. George Shingler
    February 8, 2017 | 12:07 pm

A question I have been asked several times by team members is “how do I know when it is time to recommend to the person I am talking to that he or she should talk to an attorney?” In other words, the happening that occurs just before the kindling question. This has caused me to think about what it is that turns an ordinary business problem into one that should be discussed with a business attorney, and each insight I have is being developed into an Infominute.

12. Babette Lombardo Book
    February 8, 2017 | 9:12 pm

I was giving a 7min presentation on how I got into personal training. I talked a little bit of my tennis career and playing division I in college. That lead to many feed forward questions about what is division I and what type of gate openers I would be looking forward. This helped me create a course of info mins that lead me to do a 7min presentation about college level sports.

13. Lori Harris
    February 10, 2017 | 10:19 am

Last week I did a 7 minute on our Direct Voice product and one of my team members asked which industry was most profitable? Realtors, roofers, car dealership… and it got me thinking. Would it be more profitable to focus on the industry that brought in more money (car dealerships) or the one that ran more campaigns (realtors). I don’t have the answer yet but the question has provoked thought.

14. Adee Weismark
    February 10, 2017 | 5:49 pm

Calculating the ROI on a rental property may seem simple for me as I do it daily, however, it is not so easy for my clients. I was asked how to calculate this ROI after a recent 7-minute presentation. As a result of this question, I created a series on real estate investing. While this has not yet created a We Did Business Slip, I anticipate future business as many of my team members have recently requested more information or for me to have coffee with them and a friend or colleague of theirs. I am excited about this opportunity as a result of the clever question asked by one of my team members.