What to DO to GET Referrals: Leadership

Referral Trigger for the week of April 3
Topic: Leadership
Conversation lead by the Perimeter Team (100% responses achieved)

Business handshake after signing new contract The role of the ParticipationCoOrdinator is equality
– we each get an equal opportunity to promote our
business.

• How do you ensure equality in your business?
  • What systems do you have in place to guarantee
    every client gets your best service?

16 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: Leadership
  1. Nancy Davis
    April 3, 2017 | 5:48 pm

I have a boutique practice where I individually design a program for each client according to what he or she wants to accomplish, guaranteeing the program is the right fit. I offer a three or six-month time frame, and together my clients and I choose the one that is best.
    Because of the individualized nature of my practice I limit the number of people I work with, which means I can give each person the optimum attention he or she deserves.
    Also, I reiterate they can discuss anything with me, even a criticism or a complaint. That way we can address and alleviate any worries or fears they might have, and they get my best service because we can talk about anything and everything.

2. Seth Katz
    April 4, 2017 | 3:43 pm

I ensure that my legal clients receive equality by asking them individually what result they seek – in short, “what do you want?” Perhaps they want an apology; or a monetary award; or their day in court. Despite their diverse interests and needs, I can provide consistent, excellent, equal service to them all by asking up front what they want.

3. Bo Riddle
    April 4, 2017 | 9:25 pm

When I begin assisting my clients in finding commercial office/warehouse space for their business, I like to talk with them and understand their needs and their wants in the space.
    The needs are things like:
    How many offices ? Conference room to seat how many ? How many parking spaces for employees ? How many people might be in the reception area waiting to be seen at any given time ? Do your clients expect you to be in a prestigious location ?
    The wants can be anything.
    Near a mall or great amenity base
    Free parking
    walking distance to MARTA station
    A reverse commute against the flow of rush hour traffic

Unless you are Google or Apple, the cost of occupancy is the main driver for all tenants. Once the budget is known, I ensure equality by assisting the tenant in making sure we identify and satisfy all of their occupancy NEEDS as well as fulfilling as many of their occupancy WANTS as possible.

4. Jordan Kragten
    April 5, 2017 | 1:50 pm

I ensure equality in my business by keeping a manageable caseload. Being selective about the cases I accept allows me devote the requisite time, energy, and attention to each and every case. I don’t want any client to feel like their case is small or underserving of my time, which is why I work each case diligently and thoroughly.

5. Kimberly Jackson
    April 5, 2017 | 6:44 pm

To ensure equality, I am a bit old school and utilize a spreadsheet for my closings. I color-code it, highlight it and have timelines set so that all of the information I need for my closings is requested timely, and with the least amount of work for the parties involved. This way, every file is given the attention it needs, when needed.
    Also, even if I am unable to respond to voice mails, my assistant will — even if it is to say that I am unavailable that day and will call them back the following day. Parties appreciate their calls or emails being acknowledged and I make sure we can accomplish that level of service even during my hectic moments.

6. Leah Kruszka
    April 5, 2017 | 9:00 pm

I ensure every client gets my best service by making sure I know what their goal is, and based on that I tailor my approach.

For example, with a Closet Edit client, if they want to learn how to build outfits from the pieces in their closet, I have them pull those pieces they are not sure how to wear ahead of time so that they are not spending valuable time doing that when I arrive.

If they want advice on what to keep or what to purge, I have them pare down before I get there, like checking every piece to make sure there are no stains or that it is not visibly worn. If it is, it goes to the donate pile.

The idea is to spend the time they are paying me to be there doing things that are the most valuable to them, and that is different for everyone. So knowing what they want to get out of working with me is key.

7. Karen Kaplan
    April 6, 2017 | 5:16 pm

I ensure every client gets superior service and attention by listening to each issue and concern. The client is initially given a survey and this, coupled with a follow up evaluation and discussion, becomes a road map for the project going forward.
    Each client’s project is different, but each is attended to based on several factors involved such as timeline, product availability, trades and installation schedules, move in dates etc.
    By staying close in touch and keeping communication up to date, I am able to serve everyone’s needs and continuously keep the schedule and project on track.

8. Brent Baldock
    April 6, 2017 | 5:21 pm

Regardless if it is a $50K home loan or a $1MM home loan I utilize the same system to ensure each loan gets equal attention. I have a series of questions to determine what their goals are with their home financing. This data is then transferred into a couple different systems, both low tech and high tech. These systems always allow me to be able to know exactly where their application is and what is needed to be done and when it has to be completed.

I have a white board in my office, a three ring binder that I keep with me and our internal proprietary loan software which allows my team to be constantly on the same page with where each application is at and what is outstanding.

9. Patty Voelz
    April 6, 2017 | 9:30 pm

Being in the service industry, the way we treat all our customers is what sets us apart from our competition. Whether the customer has five dollars or five million dollars, we treat them all the same. I have regulations to follow and must obtain certain required documentation when opening new accounts. Once the account has been opened, we have a plan in place to call our new customers at 14 days, 30 days, 90 days and periodically thereafter. We want to make sure that we are meeting all their financial needs.

10. Ryan Tingle
    April 7, 2017 | 10:46 am

We have a tried and tested system of checks and balances and overlapping divisions of labor, which allows us to effectively service every customer big and small in a both caring and efficient manner. I would put our customer service team up against any other agency in the state; both the accountability and the bed-side manner are unmatched by anything I’ve ever witnessed. (Of course, I have a slight bias ;))

11. Michael Rudio
    April 7, 2017 | 11:05 am

I have established equality in my business by creating a repeatable process. This ensures that all of my clients get the same amount of customer service that they need and helps me uncover what is truly important to their specific financial situation. Additionally, I use a contact strategy to follow up periodically between portfolio reviews.

12. Tiffany Webb
    April 7, 2017 | 11:47 am

In the event industry, quality service is extremely important when it comes to working with our clientele. I work with a very diverse clientele
    on various types and size events. My primary goal is to ensure each client receives the highest level of quality service. One, of the key method I utilize that ensure quality service within my business is having a well trained and professional core team, which includes my preferred service vendors/partners. Additionally, I have a thorough feedback system in place throughout the event planning process. The feedback includes a detailed planning schedule with specific timeline, check and balances that is reviewed frequently with the client to ensure outstanding service. This ultimately leads to a successful event and planning experience for all clients.

13. Beth A. Boswell
    April 7, 2017 | 3:31 pm

Systems, systems and more systems, staffed by highly trained professionals who care about the growth of our business through awesome client experiences. In summary, we have a 176 point checklist for bringing a home to market regardless if it is $75K or $5 Million. The process is always the same. All steps for marketing are documented and sent to the client for their final approval. We treat this as a team sport and love to have our client involvement and feedback. Selling a personal home is an emotional experience and the clients love being a part of the process. Cheers to an awesome year!

14. Dr. Matt Wink
    April 7, 2017 | 3:59 pm

I focus on every patient as an individual and treat them the same no matter how mild or severe their condition is. I make sure and clear everyone’s spine top to bottom. If they have any other concerns whether it be ankles, knees, wrists, shoulders, elbows and even nutrition they have my undivided attention. I spend as much time as needed with every single patient to assure that every health concern and question is addressed.

15. Maiya Safikovs
    April 7, 2017 | 4:20 pm

I have a myriad of clients dealing with varied circumstances. My staff and I strive to provide excellent customer service to all by responding to missed phone calls and emails within 24 business hours. I also approach all cases with the same sense of urgency, no matter how mundane The issue may appear. Following these rules assists greatly with ensuring that each client receives quality service.

• Alan Epstein
      April 7, 2017 | 6:21 pm

I listen to my clients and find out what their needs are. Then come up with a plan of action to cater to their specific needs.
      Each client receives excellent service based on their unique situation.