What to SAY to GET Referrals: The Green Card = WHO + HOW -Value

Referral Trigger for the week of March 6
Topic: The Green Card = Who + How
Conversation lead by the North Point Team (100% responses achieved)

partnership concept with business man and woman hand shake and take agreement in modern office interior A Green Card has two parts: Who + How.
Who is always one person.  Give us three different examples of Who would
value an introduction to you:

1: In the first example use a title to identify a person.
     2: In the second example specify a relationship where
         we would know this person.
    3: Third, give the name of a person you’ve been
prospecting.

27 Responses to What to SAY to GET Referrals: The Green Card = WHO + HOW -Value
  1. Mary C Sheppard, CPA
    March 3, 2017 | 10:32 am

An introduction to a new, small business owner is an ideal referral for me. He or she is fulfilling dreams while overcoming the challenges of running a business. Getting the accounting off on the right foot can contribute greatly to their success.

This person may be your neighbor who can’t make it to a cookout on your deck because she is trying to catch up on her paperwork.

I would love an introduction to James, the owner of a used and new vinyl record store.

2. Jeff Veal
    March 3, 2017 | 11:23 am

1. A PRODUCT MANAGER or ENGINEERING DEPARTMET HEAD in charge of developing or improving products for her/his company. He/she is responsible for maintaining the company’s competitive edge. If the company develops a winner product but fails to protect it under the patent laws, the company loses much of the value of the competitive edge this person is paid to build. The Inventor and the company can protect that edge by utilizing the low cost provisional patents that they can file during the development before the product ever goes to market.
    2. You might know a PRODUCT MANAGER from organizations you belong to such as a booster club, alumni club, church or religious organization, service clubs like Kiwanis, Civitan or Rotary, meet-up groups, the Georgia Conservancy, the Atlanta Outdoor Club, or a PTA or homeowners association. How would you know? Talk to people. The natural questions while you are waiting for a meeting or game to start include “What do you do?” If you don’t know a PRODUCT MANAGER, then how about an independent RESTAURANT OWNER who’s looking to franchise and needs to protect his Trademark?
    3. I don’t have the name of a particular person I’ve been prospecting. Its like a Supreme Court Justice once said, I know them when I see them. They have that focused look, are mindful of their time, generally happy to be doing something creative, take care of themselves by getting away from work in some way, and are excited about building a better mousetrap.

3. Robert Slocum
    March 3, 2017 | 1:23 pm

The owner of a pet sitting company that might also offer a house sitting service. You might be a pet owner or have a client that travels a lot with there business and uses this type of service. Jane Tunno is the co owner of MiniPaws a pet sitting bisiniss in the Little Five Points area that has twelve full time employees with four that will currently house sit as well.

4. Matt Berndt
    March 3, 2017 | 1:40 pm

HOME-OWNER-ASSOCIATION board members are great contacts for my HEATING & AIR business.

Most of us in the Atlanta Metro live in subdivisions with HOA’s in place. So we typically either know the board members because their our neighbors, or in the case of larger neighborhoods, we see their names on various mailings to the residents.

I am prospecting the president of the HorseShoe Bend HOA in an effort to benefit all residents with the BEST PRICE to QUALITY RATIO in the HVAC business.
    (Especially with the added discounts we offer on the HOA’s websites)

5. Judy Glick-Smith
    March 4, 2017 | 10:01 pm

1. DIRECTOR OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: In larger companies there is often a leadership development group within learning and development departments. My expertise lies in 10 years of doctoral research in decision making and leadership. I offer a new perspective in preparing organizations for volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous scenarios.
    2. You might know senior leaders in organizations who have a DIRECTOR OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT or a DIRECTOR OF TRAINING (or LEARNING). People who interact with training personnel (including those in Human Resources) will understand the need for leadership development. You may hear conversations about the need for training in decision making. You may also may hear frustrations about how people are not being efficient or about environments that are contentious or have high turn over. These are perfect referrals for me.
    3. I don’t have a specific prospect at the moment, but I would love an introduction to Mary, who oversees all the learning initiatives in a large company like Coca Cola.

6. Laz Economidis ACC
    March 5, 2017 | 12:40 pm

1. A small company CEO, maybe close to retirement who has a sizeable bucket list. Has some travel experience, likes to travel in comfort, but has been busy working hard all these years, and now it’s time to start checking things off the bucket list.
    2.Might be a neighbor, or someone you met at a social or networking event, or might be an old friend living cross country and you recently reconnected thru social media.

3.Bob, has the attributes of 1 and 2

7. Curtis Turner III
    March 5, 2017 | 9:46 pm

Office managers that run a business for the owner are the types of introductions that work best for me. A group of 5 or more is best in an area that needs to pay higher salaries to keep quality help.
    You may know this person on the tennis team or in your yoga class.
    I am looking for those office managers that are competitors of Qiigo or Wilkerson Construction.

8. Eric Mintz
    March 6, 2017 | 12:28 pm

I’m interested in speaking with the person who is charged with making the company profitable. That is usually the CEO, or in larger companies, the COO.

Your client with 20 employees or more stands to gain the most from a relationship with me. I begin as a Virtual CIO, helping to match technology and technical trends with business goals and projections. I then implement the solution that will have the biggest positive impact on the organization’s bottom line.

I am currently prospecting Mitch who is CEO of a company that manufactures steel shelving for warehouses. He has a large sales opportunity on the horizon that will increase his business by 25%. With our solution, he can handle the increase in business without increasing his staff, drastically increasing his profitability.

9. Belinda Bower
    March 6, 2017 | 12:47 pm

My business owners bank with me because I take the time to know them and their business. My Auto Mechanic and Dentist clients value a banker that knows their cash flow & invoicing issues, and knows I’m standing by to help should the need arise. A huge part of my credibility is confidentiality, my clients and prospects appreciate that feature.

10. David M Rhodus
    March 6, 2017 | 1:42 pm

1. OWNER/PRESIDENT/CEO/CFO – Larger businesses have the benefit of full-time, in-house corporate attorneys. I am an experienced former Chief Legal Officer for both large and small corporations. For the past 10 years, I have provided large and small business clients with the highest level of business-legal knowledge and service on an “as-needed” basis. Without the large commitment or investment, in-house level legal help for your business-owner friend is just a call or email away.
    2. The LAWYER WHO NEVER GOES TO COURT. I want to meet your attorney friend whose practice does not include representing clients in court. Many business legal matters involve managing and avoiding disputes and controversy. While dispute-prevention is always a best practice, sometimes litigation is unavoidable. Over the years, I have successfully handled many large and complex business litigation matters. Introduce me to your Lawyer friend as the Lawyer you know WHO WILL GO TO COURT AS NECESSARY!

11. Brenda Malik
    March 6, 2017 | 1:54 pm

Property Managers are a great referral source for me as they know who’s moving in and out.

Or it could be your colleague David that knows his office building has been sold. He meets the Regional Director of the company that has purchased the building as they’re doing renovations on the office downstairs. They have a conversation and he asks do they have a cleaning service. They say no and I get a 3 way email introduction.

We talked, met and I was able to close my first multi unit deal. They have three locations with more to come.

12. Linda Loud
    March 6, 2017 | 3:53 pm

1 – The Branch Manager of a large bank that has multiple tellers to take care of their customers. The Manager wants to make sure the tellers present a professional and polished appearance since they are “the face” of the bank to every person who walks in the door. My fun Mary Kay parties can double as staff development training AND as an employee appreciation event.

2- A Fitness Trainer could be a gate-opener to introduce me to people who care about how they look and are willing to work to maintain healthy bodies. That same concern can also apply to having healthy skin and an attractive appearance. I can set up a station in their fitness center to offer free facials and image consultations, as well as doing on-the-spot Satin Hands and Satin Lips treatments.

3- I’m prospecting with Lauren Manners of Alice Perry Productions, a full service event planning team. Special events like the ones they create often involve a lot of photo-ops for clients who will want to make sure their skin is flawless and their cosmetic looks are on-trend. And similar to the Bank Manager, they want to make sure the contract employees they provide for staffing these events have a professional appearance.

13. Bill Weaver
    March 6, 2017 | 11:01 pm

1. Property Managers are great contacts for my business of mold remediation, water mitigation, and air duct cleaning.

2. This person may be your client, your neighbor, or your friend.

3. Victor Torres of Property Pro Service.

14. John Gallagher
    March 7, 2017 | 6:15 am

1. A marketing director, small business owner or newly formed business, would most benefit from my over 20 years of experience when planning a trade show event. These people can download my tradeshow checklist as a way to start planning their event: http://www.thepromoshop.com/Tradeshow-Booth-Checklist

2. The Chamber of Commerce and other networking events group business owners together where discussions occur regarding the event or mentions they will be exhibiting.

3. I am looking for the IT businesses located in the Alpharetta-Windward area. These businesses are introducing their company and bringing new products to market.

15. Jasmin Metso
    March 7, 2017 | 7:45 am

1. CPA who mainly focuses on business returns
    2. Most every company has a CPA. Who is your current CPA, and who have you worked with in the past? For CPAs who do not do payroll, I’m a great resource because I can help their client get setup. If the CPA is actively involved in payroll, Paychex also offers reseller/white labeling programs for CPAs.
    3. Walter Troxel & Co., LLC

16. David Machost
    March 7, 2017 | 12:10 pm

1. Owner or Sales Manager in the IT business here in Atlanta area.

2. You may this person from your Church group, plays on your neighborhood tennis team or participates in the local golf outing you play in each week.

3. The owner of the IT consulting firm, as I can help them address the importance of “Data Breach” and how an endorsement to the Commercial General Liability Policy can help protect their clients in the event their companies information / data is either hacked or stolen.

17. Sandy Schoepke
    March 7, 2017 | 1:05 pm

An example of a person who would value an introduction to counseling is an individual who has been traumatized in his/her life. An example of where I would know this person from is someone in an addiction program attempting to escape from traumatic memories, nightmares, or triggering situations and/or individuals. Because my business is confidential, I will be unable to give the name of a person I have been prospecting—however, I have been working with an individual in an intensive outpatient treatment who I have been prospecting to.

18. Dawn Gerth
    March 7, 2017 | 7:51 pm

1. A son or daughter of an elderly parent who cannot live in their current home anymore and must move.
    2. Your friend, neighbor, coworker or family member. They are everywhere in our world.
    3. Elder care attorneys.

19. Adam Wolensky
    March 7, 2017 | 9:31 pm

1. Chiropractor’s & Nutritionists for a short list would value an introduction because they are serving clients who are seeking their expertise & advice on how to live a healthier & holistic lifestyle. Sharing with them my product lines will increase their client’s health, save them time & money by simply SWITCHING STORES to shop wholesale online for 100% Certified Toxic Free, wildcrafted & USDA Organic ingredients in all products. A win/win/win for the referral, their client & myself. 100% certified Chemical Free living is another solution for them to increase clients & drive revenue for their business. The president of my company is a personal friend & practicing chiropractor who can be leveraged for a direct conversation as a third party reference should they want to speak professional to professional.

2. Your Fitness Trainer, the Owner of your Gym, your neighbors, friends & co-workers that have memberships to fitness centers, yoga or pilates studios, tennis associations, or participate & are active in sports or recreational activities are people you know that would be great referrals for me. The person you know who is pregnant or planning an addition to their family is another great referral for me. I can educate & provide a solution they are looking for but aren’t aware of.

Another great referral for me is someone you know either personally or through social media that is looking for an additional source of income for themselves or family, a person that is looking for a change in lifestyle & is open minded to learning how they can have tax benefits working part time at home without interfering with what they are currently doing.

3. Dr JJ Anthonijs, Chiropractor-owner of Complete Family Healthcare & Dr Jarrod Wise-Chiropractor are two individuals I am seeking a face to face meeting with and personal introduction.

20. Brian Vallejo
    March 7, 2017 | 10:57 pm

1.)CPA dedicated to helping business owners
    2.)Most business owners have a close relationship to there CPA. They help keep track of all there expenses and business costs. By working with a CPA and auditing her clients merchant services cost, I can increase there cash flow and lowering cost of processing. Which will ultimately deepen there relationship with there CPA.
    3.)Steven your friend or neighbor who helps manage expenses for business owners in the area.

21. Larry Lupas
    March 8, 2017 | 11:42 am

1. You’d recognize this person by her honorary title “Miss,” as in “Miss Louise” or “Miss Eleanor” or “Miss Mavis.” She’s likely to be an elderly widow with grace and dignity.
    2. The relationship might be an aunt or she might be the matriarch of a family you know well.
    3. Phyllis is 82 and two years ago inherited her late husband’s $500,000 IRA. She’s finally ready to sit down and apply serious thought to her life savings.

22. Jamaal Cosby
    March 8, 2017 | 1:12 pm

1. A FIRST TIME HOME BUYER, who may not know exactly how much house they can qualify for or what programs may be available to them.

2. You will definitely see this person any time you are out with FRIENDS and FAMILY. They may mention that they are running out of room in their apartment or that they are not looking to commit to a mortgage or go through the process of becoming a home owner. Ask them if they would like to have 10 minute conversation to learn what buying a home might be like when they are ready.

3. JASON IS A GRADUTE STUDENT AT EMORY, and he is accepting a new job in the summer. He is ready to purchase a new home and is currently gathering as much information about the process as possible.

23. Mark Weiss
    March 8, 2017 | 4:16 pm

1 The Residential Real Estate Industry, specifically Realtors, Real Estate Agents and Mortgage Brokers are excellent and sought after referrals. Professionals with these job titles are both dependent upon each other and often refer business between themselves. They understand that their relationships lead to successful transactions, makes them a valuable resource to their clients, enhance reputations (including their own) and create repeat business transactions.

2. Almost everyone knows at least one Realtor or real estate agent if not many. They met these professionals through a personal or a friend’s real estate transaction or through networking.

3. I wish to be introduced to the Residential Realtors or Real Estate Agents who are serious about:
    1) Increasing their sales
    2) Growing their listings
    3) Developing a strategy for representing For Sale by Owner properties
    4) Receiving much of their business through referrals instead of solicitations.

Successful professionals in the Residential Real Estate industry understand the connection between networking, social media and building personal relationships. Using SendOutCards is a perfect strategy to do all of this. I know of professionals in this industry who have grown their business exponentially including one couple whose business is now 98% referral based!

24. Rusty Carter
    March 8, 2017 | 4:44 pm

1 Would be a Very small business owner such as a pawn shop owner. It is hard for them to leave the store, so me coming to them is great for them.
    2 An Image consultant who wants to have the personal service of the optician coming to meet with them and their customer. This makes the Consultant look better to their customer.
    3 An in-home nurse or care giver. It is hard to take some of these peoples customers to get new glasses or repairs made, so I can make their job easer.

25. Larry Black
    March 8, 2017 | 7:30 pm

The manager of a senior living community usually knows which residents are tech-savvy and could possibly use a computer partner to heal their computer ills and keep them active online.
    Most of us have a mother or father (or both) who could either be moving into a senior retirement facility or might know a friend who is.
    Bill Scullion is the director of Atria Senior Living. We have spoken, but no referrals have been forthcoming. A word from an existing resident or their family member could push him in the right direction to get the Computer Partner’s foot in the door.

26. Karen Armstrong
    March 9, 2017 | 11:04 am

1. A pregnant person (preferably twins)- because they are likely to need more space after the baby comes.
    2. You could see them at your bible study, your running group, at the office, at a cookout, at a PTA meeting, your sons sporting event, a networking meeting. If you know they are living in a smaller property ask if they are going to be staying in the same location after the new baby comes.
    3. Carolyn/Scott Loy- having their second child and currently living in a 2 bedroom condo want a better school district.