What to SAY to GET Referrals: The Green Card = WHO + HOW – Want

Referral Trigger for the week of March 13
Topic: The Green Card = Who + How
Conversation lead by the Peachtree Team

Business partner explaining new strategy to elegant business woman A Green Card has two parts: Who + How.
How is a behavior we see.Give an example of what your client wants.Since we cannot see a want follow up by sharing a
behavior of theirs that identifies that want.If your client wants prestige, what do we see?
Autographed pictures on their wall?What does your client want, what do we see?

15 Responses to What to SAY to GET Referrals: The Green Card = WHO + HOW – Want
  1. David Jennings
    March 10, 2017 | 10:26 am

My clients are business owners and senior corporate officers who want their IT operations and data to be secure. They want their IT systems to function properly. But most important, they don’t want to have to be the person that manages every solution.

They are great at production, or dentistry, or any other specialization, but they also have to be “good-enough” at managing their IT profile.

ORPA Consulting gives them their time back from IT concerns and peace of mind.

David Jennings

2. Tommy Schlosser
    March 10, 2017 | 10:33 am

My ideal client, Peter, wants simplistic function!

Peter, a 30 year old attorney, doesn’t wear a watch because he is always within arm’s reach of his iPhone, so he thinks, “Why would I need a watch to tell the time?”

His cell phone is not listed on his business cards because as an attorney he has someone at the office to take most of his calls.

You’ll see the outline of an iPhone in the pocket of his flat fronted pants because in addition to no watch he would not be caught dead with a cell phone clip on his belt!

Tommy Schlosser
    770-855-3113 TXT Friendly

3. Gregory Golden
    March 10, 2017 | 10:43 am

Potential clients for me want “peace” and I try to provide it to them. Whether they are divorcing spouses or parents, it is important to reduce conflict for their own sanity (as well as for the benefit of any children). By being very specific in parenting plans, settlement agreements, and court orders, each party is aware of his/her responsibilities and obligations. When terms are ambiguous or “grey”, there is room to interpret and manipulate; this leads to a lack of “peace”. You will see single parents at soccer practices, school events, or at the neighborhood pool furiously texting with the other parent or arguing on the phone; this is a person that would benefit to meet with me to determine how I can try to bring “peace” into his/her life.

4. David A. Citrin
    March 10, 2017 | 3:07 pm

I am a Personal Injury attorney, so one would think that it is fairly easy to determine what my clients want; most people, including Personal Injury attorneys, assume that someone who has been hurt wants monetary compensation for their injuries, but this is not necessarily true. Generally, my clients are most concerned with recovering from their injuries as quickly as possible and getting back to their normal routines. The behavior that communicates this is the frustration that they display when they have to miss work, let household chores go undone and forego activities with their children.

5. Robert Hunter
    March 10, 2017 | 3:32 pm

My clients want a smooth top dollar transaction AND a timeframe they can rely on.
    When i present a plan/strategy to accomplish their goals there are many tasks that must be accomplished by the client. How and when they start working on their responsibilities helps me determine their motivation and commitment to achieving their goals.

6. Ryan Woolley
    March 13, 2017 | 7:24 am

My clients want to find new employees and keep their best. Any “now hiring/help wanted” signs are normally clues that we may be able to help this person out! My clients will also generally have some sort of employee incentive program, such as, employee of the month parking spots.

This client wants to spend minimal time on the back office parts of their business and wants their employees to grow as the company grows.

7. As a neurological chiropractor I see people that have new or ongoing pain. What they want?… Is to get to the bottom of the issue and to get it fixed asap.
    Their behavior is often taking pills, rubbing areas of pain, and unfortunately, missing life events because of the pain.

8. John Healy
    March 14, 2017 | 2:46 pm

Surveys indicate that what people want most from a financial advisor is good communication. Good, honest, and pro-active communication. Our largest client came to us because their previous advisor, when asked an honest question, did not provide a satisfactory answer.

I’m a financial analyst by trade. 30 years of experience across all facets of the financial services industry. As an analyst, I am blessed and cursed. I am blessed with a passion to help people understand finance. However, I sometimes don’t recognize that it’s not a passion of theirs and can go on too long.

So anytime you hear someone say they don’t understand something about money, banking or investing, tell them you know someone who can explain it if they really want to know. No sales pitch – just good, honest, and pro-active conversation.

9. Tanya Romine
    March 14, 2017 | 4:22 pm

My clients are realtors, small builders, remodelers and home owners who would like to visit a showroom that provides product and installation of Countertops, Hardwood Refinishing, prefinished hardwood, tile and stone as well as Luxury Vinyl Tile.

We are a great resource for realtors that have a client that need to refresh their home to place on the market to sell.

Small Builders and Remodelers who do not have a design showroom and would to provide this service to their clients and be comfortable they are good hands.

I have been in the building industry for 15+ years and have managed projects in the field along side my installers as well as managed Design Centers for Builders as well as Expo Design Center.

Marvel Floors is here to assist your clients, neighbors and family should they need assistance with their interior finishes.

Tanya Romine

10. Drew Niess
    March 15, 2017 | 9:35 am

I provide an intangible product, home and auto insurance…the one thing people pay for that they hope they never need to use. This means they want this product to work right when they do have to use it, not a big hassle they have to go through. Many of our clients are busy professionals and would prefer to speak to me as little as possible because that is a sign we are doing things right from the start.

11. Jesse Long
    March 15, 2017 | 10:30 am

My clients are IT Directors and Firm Administrators who DO NOT want to spend their time fixing printing issues for their employees, or trying to fix jams on copier/printers themselves. They want a solution that allows their employees to work 9-5 with no interruptions and the peace of mind that they know exactly who to call when they have an issue. You know these IT Directors and Firm administrators as the neighbors who may not always have the right tool for you to borrow, but they know exactly who to call to get your problem fixed.

12. Mitchell Sosebee
    March 15, 2017 | 3:17 pm

As the owner of a heating and air conditioning company, my clients want to be comfortable, as soon as possible. Whether it is it is a simple repair, or a complicated installation, either residential or commercial, we have to be able to respond to their needs in a timely fashion. The results are their ongoing referrals. If we do what we say we’re going to do, when we will do it, at the agreed upon price, we should never lack for work. They want to be able to tell the friends and family members about us, if we do our job well!

13. Michelle Button
    March 15, 2017 | 3:32 pm

I provide full service residential interior design. My clients are homeowners who are looking to build a new home or to remodel a space in their current home and need someone to help navigate them through the many decisions necessary when doing so. A behavior you may see is someone gathering inspirational photos- whether it be magazine clippings, a Pinterest board, or Houzz ideabook- of how they want their new home, kitchen, or bathroom to look.

14. Tyler Verlander
    March 15, 2017 | 4:17 pm

As the owner my dog boarding/training company, many of my clients’ “want” is for their dog to be the honor student participating in all the extra-curricular activities, not the dog being sidelined and being sent to the proverbial detention when company comes to visit. What you will SEE about clients that are ready for me are their clothes have holes and scratches in them, a front door that the paint is now chipped off from the dog scratching, AND you see them walking their dog at odd hours of the night as to avoid any confrontation with the public during daylight hours.

Mrs. Tyler ‘Verlander’ Peabody
    678-463-4705 (cell)

15. Duncan Cottrell
    March 16, 2017 | 8:50 pm

As The Entry Enforcer, I reinforce doors and windows to prevent break-ins by burglars. My clients want to feel safe in their homes and to have their possessions safe. They want peace of mind. You will see alarm company signs in their yards. Stickers on their cars or houses that say “Protected by Smith & Wesson”. They will post on Next Door about a suspicious vehicle in the neighborhood. They will ask about surveillance cameras and RING video doorbells and alarm systems. They want to know what measures they can take to protect their homes. These folks need to know that The Entry Enforcer will do a home security consultation and explain all the techniques for reinforcing doors and windows to keep the bad guys out. The consultation will focus on “hardening the target” with security hardware that’s so new they may be unaware of it and its effectiveness.