What to DO to GET Referrals: Leadership – Quality

Referral Trigger for the week of April 10
Topic: Leadership
Conversation lead by the Sandy Springs Team

businessman draw with marker busines enviroment sktch on glass isolated on white in studio The role of the MembershipCoOrdinator is quality
– the MembershipCore evaluates participation.

• How do you ensure quality in your business?
  • What systems do you have to catch mistakes when they happen
    — because mistakes happen
    — and how do you communicate solutions to your clients?

22 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: Leadership – Quality
  1. Russ Portr
    April 7, 2017 | 9:43 am

A system of checks and balances is always a good idea and practice whenever it can incorporated into processes that require multiple touches and stages. Mistakes happen when steps go undone or not confirmed.
    Working from an agenda in a meeting, from a check list in any multi step process or a punch list in construction allows all parties to be current on what is complete and what still needs done.
    Accidents, delays, equipment problems, etc… can all still happen, but being able to manage those things you can control is the best way to reduce unnecessary problems and simple errors.

Russ

2. Lisa Wrenn
    April 7, 2017 | 10:55 am

I take responsibility for my business. The buck stops here. When a mistake happens, I communicate quickly and seek out a solution before doing so. There are no emergencies in Real Estate so I watch my timelines and make sure that everyone is on the same page.

3. Randy Garrett
    April 7, 2017 | 11:09 am

In the life cycle of a mortgage, there are endless third party dependencies of tasks throughout that any single one could derail the outcome. I ensure quality by being very hands-on & thorough in the details from the start & each step of the way. I know the intimate details of each file and remove any risk/uncertainty of each before I originate the mortgage. I have designed checklists; have my processor of the loans copy me on 3rd party dependency task communications; target to complete each step 3 to 5 days prior to the industry norm/avg allowing for contingency time in the event something is found needing my attention; issue weekly status reports to the clients ensuring i keep in the details constantly & consistently in managing each timeline; and i attend purchase closings to ensure quality entails thru to the signing of the very last document and funding of the loan. (My 15 yrs of prior project mgt experience affords me this detailed project mgt acumen within my mortgage business & has proven 100% closing record.)

4. Amy Yarkoni
    April 7, 2017 | 11:10 am

The goal is to train and inspect for what is expected. By providing systems, procedures and training we can ensure consistent delivery of quality services. Setting and agreeing on expectations in advance and communication are key elements of a successful relationship and transactions. When a miscommunication or error occurs, we promptly communicate with clients, via phone, email, correspondence or in person and if the matter is not already resolved, work with the client toward any resolution.

5. Beckye Young
    April 7, 2017 | 11:33 am

When you work with a client either individually or for the company, it is important to know that the financials are the life blood. Reporting must be accurate and the client should be reassured that the financial reporting is in good hands. Leadership comes from knowing the client, understanding the financial position, and explaining to the client what reporting is required for the needs of the entity/individual.

6. Stephen N Cohen
    April 7, 2017 | 11:52 am

Every event has a standard check list with every item needed to make the event a success. If the client needs 10 90″ Round Black Table Covers, that info is on the proposal as well as the job sheet. The delivery person has the job sheet and does not leave until all the items are check off. With my follow up phone call over the years, this method has proved to be practically fool proof. When an error does occur, a quick run to a store can usually put a band aid on the situation and the event continues with satisfied guests and a happy client. It all starts with admitting the mistake and crating a Plan B.

7. Rick Daigle
    April 7, 2017 | 12:03 pm

Quality in my line of work means everything reconciles to the balance sheet and we have accurate/timely financials to review with business owners each month. Identifying trends, good or bad, is a critical success factor in business. A common problem arises when a client has other business apps which must feed data into the financials system. I take the time to completely understand how that interaction works so that problems are recognized quickly, resolved, and corrective action taken.

The way I communicate with clients in these cases is to make sure the appropriate staff is trained to catch issues quickly.

8. Debra Scott
    April 7, 2017 | 6:03 pm

First I see actual documents so I am not incorrectly assuming things by clients’ misunderstanding what I need. I do lots of research. I am really careful with the tedious paperwork to avoid mistakes. There are numerous opportunities for error in paperwork so I follow checklists, summarize and bullet point meetings with clients and communicate as clearly and quickly as if I were dealing with my own account and my own money. My back office will not allow paperwork to go through if errors or inconsistencies exist and if paperwork is repeated, it costs me and my clients time and money so I don’t miss much. Rarely, something happens so I minimize damage, call my clients immediately to explain and apologize and literally never let it happen again.

9. Ellen Ross
    April 7, 2017 | 6:30 pm

Success with our “personal” branding service on social media sites means that our busy clients (e.g., business owners & company executives) are seen as “leaders” in their industry.

Active social media sites with posted industry-specific articles and well-written blogs will translate into business opportunities such as new customers, speaking engagements, promotions, and more. In short, when our clients are seen as leaders, they are opening themselves up to more opportunities.

We work with busy professionals who do not have the time and/or knowledge to maintain their social media sites. And, we

10. Terisha Tatter
    April 9, 2017 | 8:36 am

As a Massage Therapist, my body is my tool. This is full body work for me! Because of this, I take care of my clients by taking care of myself- a maximum of 3 1/2 hours of massage a day and a maximum of 20 per week. This allows me to be my very best for every single client, thus managing the quality that every client receives. The client at the end of the day shouldn’t have to suffer with less than best. This means I have a lot of time during the day, which is where my Pilates comes into play. I can teach eight hours of Pilates a day ( but truthfully I wouldn’t want to as t’s a very different kind of energy output), I still love offering massage-. Besides, it is the gateway of introduction to the longer lasting benefits of Pilates- and over half my business. The three times I double booked a client ( not bad for a span of 15 years and two of those were during pregnancy and the young baby/no sleep stage) I offered a free massage while profusely apologizing…even came in on a Saturday. That along with texting reminders is how offer quality to my clients.

11. Eric Jensen
    April 10, 2017 | 7:53 am

I have to keep up with a lot of cases, a lot of people (over 1,000), and a lot of information at all times. I created a system to divide up the cases among my staff, and I trained them on the basic steps to take in each case. They review their cases every week and report what’s going on every Friday. It cuts way down on mistakes and neglect when you touch every case every week, even if there’s “nothing going on”. No system can prevent every possible mistake, so if it ever happens we get out in front of it, fix what can be fixed, and of course we tell the client exactly what has happened and what we are doing to make it right.

12. Kerry Guthrie
    April 10, 2017 | 9:49 am

Every client to should feel like they are my only client by giving them the time and information that they desire and need in a timely manner. Service is the key to providing quality customer service, so I make myself available at all times by giving my clients my cell phone number. In addition there are 4 customer service representatives ready to provide clients with all that they may need! It’s important to be able to reach someone when you need help. Secondly by being a commercial insurance broker I have many companies to be able choose the best possible policy at the best possible price available, that’s quality!

If a mistake occurs we make sure that mistake is corrected immediately and not made again. At our office our applications are reviewed by at least 4 people before they are processed to eliminate mistakes before they happen.

13. Erin Stone
    April 10, 2017 | 10:21 am

I ensure quality for my clients by offering each client a team to focus on their case. As lead counsel for my clients, I am responsible for making sure they get the best representation that we can provide, but all of my clients know that they also have a team including an associate attorney, a paralegal and a legal assistant that also are looking out for them and taking care of their case. When mistakes happen, I make sure that I speak to the client personally to explain the problem and the solution. Divorce is a difficult, stressful time, and even if a mistake is made in their case, I want my clients to feel secure that I am taking care of them.

14. Carla Collis Gesite
    April 10, 2017 | 4:44 pm

As a life coach, the most important way I maintain quality is by checking in regularly with each client. At the end of each session, I ask what value she received and what, if anything, I could do to support her better. We also monitor progress towards her goals to be sure we’re on track. These ongoing communications allow us to course-correct and resolve any areas of dissatisfaction before they have a chance to grow.

15. Reid Horne
    April 10, 2017 | 9:21 pm

As a contractor, I believe the best way to maintain quality is a consistent and significant amount of time at the client’s project. Catching problems early is essential to maintaining schedule and minimizing cost overruns. And as many of my projects are not built from a full set of architectural plans, but from sketches and pictures from interior designers, regular communication between all parties ensures that the project is headed in the right direction. When mistakes do happen or a portion of a project is not what was envisioned, I find that best practices are to correct or adjust as necessary to ensure the client’s satisfaction. In the long run, that is how referrals are maintained.

16. Paige Hudgins
    April 10, 2017 | 10:11 pm

When calling a design client about a mistake, I have a potential solution ready to go. The best policy is to own the mistake and correct it, never try to cover up or blame someone else.

17. Paige Hudgins
    April 10, 2017 | 10:25 pm

I always double check my work, even use a highlighter to mark completed tasks. When calling a design client about a mistake, I have a potential solution ready to go. It’s always best to own the mistake, and correct it. Never pass the blame or pretend that it didn’t happen.

18. Bo Riddle
    April 11, 2017 | 12:10 pm

In commercial real estate, the time between starting to work with a new client and them occupying their new space is usually fairly long. In order to maintain the quality and the timeliness of the process, i have a whiteboard that i update each day with any progress made the day before and what we need to accomplish today.
    But mistakes and oversights do happen, and taking a proactive approach and offering solutions along with taking responsibility when it is my mistake has always seemed the best path.

19. Corbin Cook
    April 11, 2017 | 8:11 pm

Having a process and proactive communication! Clients want consistency and enjoy knowing what to expect next. With insurance there’s a lot of high level concepts taught that then have to be supported with details and less interesting clarifications. Going through a step by step process helps to keep the client informed all along the way without being overwhelmed. When something doesn’t go the way we set the expectation, the process is to reach out and let them know and provide what the next step is.

Communication, communication, communication and having a step by step process is the key.

20. Brandon Stewart
    April 13, 2017 | 8:14 am

I double check with my clients about all the information they give me at all timea. If I’m ever incorrect on any single number, it could completely mess up someone’s life if they are in an accident.

21. Dr. Shawn Bisacco
    April 13, 2017 | 8:25 am

How we try to insure quality in our medical and chiropractic offices, is having enough staff to process the amount of patients you have. You cannot short change the exams, or treatment of patients because that’s when mistakes can happen. We also have a checkoff sheet, which we call a control sheet. When a is done, then do B, and so forth and so on. This helps to keep track, was this performed or not.

Shawn Bisacco

22. Abednego Dahn
    April 13, 2017 | 2:10 pm

At Ceridian,we approach each encounter with a prospect as a team. a typical engagement with a client or prospective client involve myself and a solution consultant, two heads are better than one. After each engagement, we compare notes, summarize our finding ( executive summary) than forward to the clients for review – with a note to the client to check our findings. This helps in two ways. One it ensures we’ve listen well, and two, it helps avoids mistakes. Once we get the confirmation from the client, than we proceed to put together the statement of work(SOW).