What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Endorsement Letters

Referral Trigger for the week of May 1
Topic: Endorsement Letters
Conversation lead by the Towne Lake Team (100% responses achieved)

Attractive stylish middle-aged woman with long brunette hair sitting at a wooden table writing notes or a letter and looking up at the camera with a smile Endorsement letters are a way to give to Members
– to reciprocate for referrals you’ve received.
Think of an endorsement you could write for a Member of our Team,
but haven’t yet. Tell the story today –

1. Start with your client’s problem,
  2. tell what the Member did,
  3. finish with the client’s situation now.

Bring the signed letter next week and turn in a referral record for it.

15 Responses to What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Endorsement Letters
  1. Craig Cushingham
    April 28, 2017 | 12:11 pm

I am the client, and my problem was that I needed to set aside more money for retirement, tax deferred. I had maxed out our IRA’s, but that was not enough.
    Jimmy Cushingham reviewed my situation and because I own a small business, he recommended I establish a SIMPLE IRA for myself and my wife. This allowed us to defer most of our salary and contribute a large enough sum to meet our retirement goals for the year.
    We are currently on track with our Retirement Plan, and the SIMPLE IRA also gave us huge tax savings. Our situation is much brighter and Jimmy is keeping the big picture in focus.

2. Josh Welch
    May 1, 2017 | 5:35 pm

I’m still in the new stages of my PowerCore membership but I know the power of an endorsement letter. I’ve gotten a few over the years in banking but the one that stands out the most is the one I really wouldn’t have expected. It was a few years ago when a good client of mine came in with her seven year old daughter (Sara). My client had been trying to teach her daughter the importance of saving money and planning ahead. My client had never had that influence in her life but wanted to make sure that Sara would be prepared for financial success.
    We three sat down in my office and we went through the process of opening a savings account. Carefully explaining how the account worked and how important it was to keep track of her money and that mommy was going to help, I was just doing what I normally do.
    About a week later Sara and her Mother came in to make another deposit into Sara’s account. I went out to greet them and Sara handed me the best hand written endorsement letter. It was simple and to the point, as children can be, but one that I will hang on too.

3. Michael Lank
    May 1, 2017 | 6:49 pm

I think we all know that talk is cheap because everyone has “world class” service, right? The power of an endorsement letter is that someone else is vouching for us that we are who we say we are, do what we say we will do, and believe in our ideas and solutions.

I have not and will never put my name on an endorsement letter unless I am passionate about a positive experience with that other individual. What is more powerful than a customer, peer, or credible professional endorsing us on paper and signing their name on it!

I recently endorsed Dawn Stastny from our Towne Lake team because she not only met but exceeded a client of mine’s needs. Thank you Dawn!

4. Dawn Stastny
    May 1, 2017 | 11:05 pm

There is nothing worse than losing control of your name and your brand, right? Imagine the shock of my client, that owns a very high-end and prestigious preschool where reputation is everything, when she discovered that one of her ex-employees had established during her tenure, and maintained after her departure access and control over a company branded email address.

Most people would tell their “IT” department or technology person; unless of course that’s the ex-employee. The panic I could hear over the phone was gut-wrenching. I did what I would do if it were my own issue, and I called Arlene and Scott with Technical Resource Solutions. Never mind that it was after 10:00 p.m. and most normal people would be in bed or headed that way. Not only did they answer, they talked me through how to regain command, and my client was able to go to bed that night knowing that she had recovered access and control of their email addresses and history.

Thank you, Scott and Arlene, for always making me look good! Anyone that knows me knows technology isn’t my forte, but luckily picking fantastic business partners is. I can’t imagine doing business without Technical Resource Solutions to keep me running smoothly, safely and efficiently; without a technological care in the world.

5. Matt Lillquist
    May 2, 2017 | 7:28 am

My Client was needing cash and wanted to use the equity in his home but a refinance was too costly and he didn’t need that much. I referred him to Josh for a HELOC that made more sense. I satisfied my clients needs and was able to send my team member a referral at the same time.

6. Cindy Adcock
    May 2, 2017 | 7:53 am

The problem began with communication and customer service, or lack of both. An insurance policy that inadvertently lapsed and an insurance agent who provided no help, no assistance in getting the policy rewritten. The client acknowledged it was her fault the policy lapsed. The former agent sent a two sentence email – your policy lapsed contact us if you want to get coverage. That was it. Now, this client had Auto, Home, Business and RV insurance with this agent and had been a long time client. She expected a bit more service than this short email. The client decided it was time for an insurance audit so she reached out to Erica Ramsey to set an appointment for an audit. Erica immediately set the appointment and gathered the necessary information. She was proactive in setting the appointment, she was diligent in searching for the best option for this client. She provided timely phone calls and emails. She provided customer service. Additionally, she continues to be available for any question asked. The client was thrilled! The client now has better coverage with an excellent company for a lower price. The transition from one company to the next was seamless. The client is comfortable knowing she has Erica as her go-to person for insurance.

7. Diane Bergman
    May 2, 2017 | 1:32 pm

Since I am new to PowerCore, I have not written an endorsement letter yet. However, Jimmy Cushingham helped me out greatly by putting me in touch with a marketing company for a funeral home that is creating 2,000 magazines to give to their clients over a two year period. Jimmy thought I might want to place an ad in their magazine since my business relates to the death care industry. I did place an ad and am thankful to Jimmy for the future business that will come of it!

8. Doug Wise
    May 2, 2017 | 4:06 pm

I am the client and my problem was that I didn’t know what my health insurance options were. I asked Craig Cushingham if he could walk me through all the health care options and help me choose a plan that was a good fit for my family’s needs. I could tell that Craig truly cared and wanted to ensure that I understood the differences in all the policies. With Craig’s help, I was able to choose a policy that was right for me. Thank you Craig!

9. Tyler Verlander-Peabody
    May 3, 2017 | 7:22 am

Kristin Lloyd deserves an endorsement letter from me as the wife to a husband who went through an unthinkable and tragic life change last year. This year, we thought it would be wise to seek out some counseling to help him deal with, and process not only the one tragic event, but 25+ years in law enforcement can take a toll on ones heart, mind and psyche. Kristin made us feel comfortable from day one and has helped give my husband (and indirectly myself) tools to help deal with the grief and trauma he has experienced throughout his life. He offered an unbiased ear and help in understanding where certain emotional symptoms where coming from in the brain… like, for real… front cortex, and brain electricity and highways. Thank you Kristin for helping hold our hand through the next phase in our life so that we can be the BEST individuals for our self, and for each other.

10. Arlene Dickerson
    May 3, 2017 | 9:30 am

One of our clients has a rapidly growing business with 3 offices that serve large corporations such as Delta airlines. They shared with me that they were overwhelmed with hiring staff, and all that goes with it. They needed an updated employee handbook, procedures and had questions on compliance items. They were spending all their time on HR instead of with their clients.

I put the business owners in touch with Dawn Stastny of Stellaris Group and she immediately responded with much needed assistance. They now have control over their internal HR processes, are hiring higher level employees and have full confidence that they are in compliance.

This business owner can now focus on their clients, knowing that Dawn is handling “everything HR” for them. I am grateful to have a highly knowledgeable professional such as Dawn that I can refer with the utmost confidence to my clients, friends and family. Thank you Dawn, I appreciate you.

11. Kristin Lloyd
    May 3, 2017 | 10:29 am

In my time at PowerCore, one of the members who has been so helpful for me has been Jimmy Cushingham. Not only has he been amazing at making gate opener connections, but he’s also very concerned about helping guide people’s financial situations.

After speaking with Jimmy about my interest in investing, he helped me take the foundational steps to move toward investing in the long-term. He was very knowledgeable, patient, and informative.

Jimmy took the time to explain different options that would work for me, and how I could in my own time move forward with investing. The best part was that he was super patient, took a lot of time with me and was looking out for my best interest and making me feel confident in using him as an advisor.

As an entrepreneur and business owner, Jimmy helped me feel comfortable and went with my pace which was very refreshing. I highly recommend using Jimmy and having a simple conversation with him can lead to much greater things with a huge impact.

Thank you, Jimmy – you’re awesome and I appreciate you.

Best,
    Kristin

12. Jason Wilson
    May 3, 2017 | 10:34 am

Giving an endorsement letter is a big deal. That means a client that I referred had an overwhelmingly positive experience with this person. There is always a risk because what if the quality of the service changes or the person you endorsed gets angry and does something that you would never endorse? That is why it is such a big deal because, it is something you can’t take back once you have done it.
    Craig Cushingham comes to mind as someone I should write a letter for. I referred a client to him for insurance. He helped them out and it was no big deal. Their experience was positive and they felt great however, once they had the insurance they ran into some issues. The plan they had altered the next year and they were moving and could not get medication. We reached out to Craig who responded with a phone number and instructions. My client called and had the issue resolved within minutes. This was important because they had spent hours on the phone getting the run around from the insurance company to get their much-needed insulin. One call to Craig and what seemed impossible to get handled was simply done. The service after the fact was a big deal.

13. Erica Ramsey
    May 4, 2017 | 7:40 am

My clients trust me and often times we have conversations that have little to do with business, but a lot to do with personal challenges and/or concerns. I consider this a huge responsibility to keep that trust in tact and so I am (like many people) very cautious about recommending other professionals (this is an extension of that trust).

One day I was having a very simple conversation about a client’s policy and she broke down. Her ex husband was putting her and her children through psychological anguish because of his actions regarding their custody arrangement.

I immediately offered to her that she needed to contact Doug Wise and Atty. Daria Wise of the Wise Law Firm. I had heard many times of how Daria and her team go to bat for the children in these cases – because that is the real focus.

The Wise Law firm immediately responded and the last update I heard from my client (now their client as well) that she was extraordinarily relieved and grateful for the counsel she was receiving there.

At the end of the day, this is what it is all about; I have so much confidence in the Wise Law Firm’s talented team as they are a seamless extension of my trust with my clients.

14. Jimmy Cushingham
    May 4, 2017 | 3:08 pm

My brother had an awesome opportunity to go on a mission trip. Because of the changes in his life he also needed to sell his home. The complication was that he needed to sell it very quickly before he left for the mission trip. That’s were Jason stepped up! He not only gave him the guidance on how to do it but also on how to get the best value for it! I am confident that without Jason’s expertise the house would not have sold for the amount it did and most likely not sold within the time needed.

With my brother’s permission I can say that Jason and his team went above and beyond all the expectations that my brother had and that I had hoped for. Without a doubt Jason is a great resource anyone looking to buy or sell a house!

15. Nikhil Prabhu
    May 4, 2017 | 4:12 pm

I would refer any clients needing assistance in the area of family law to Doug. I advised my paralegal that if she needed a referral, that I knew a really great Family Law attorney. Several of our clients have been referred to us from my professional network.