What to SAY to GET Referrals: 7-Minute Presentations -Topic

Referral Trigger for the week of June 12
Topic: 7-Minute Presentations
Conversation lead by the Woodstock Team

Group of businesspeople with globe and binoculars. Isolated on white Consider your next 7-Minute Presentation.

• What topic have you chosen?
  • Explore with us whether you’re planning on using or
    a handout – something we will take notes on while you’re speaking, or
    a handoff –  a promotional piece we can give to a client.
  • Tell us why you think you will get more benefit from the tool you’ve chosen.

14 Responses to What to SAY to GET Referrals: 7-Minute Presentations -Topic
  1. Sheila Johnson
    June 12, 2017 | 12:54 pm

My next 7 Minute Presentation will be on the Millennials and the myths about them not wanting to be homeowners. The realty is a completely different story.
    I would share the statistics that prove that Millennials really do want to own their own home, but are afraid that they aren’t able to afford to buy.
    The handout I would use would be a side-by-side comparison of the actual costs of owning vs. renting for this generation.
    I want everyone to know how easy it would be get that Millennial out of their basement and in their own home!

2. Phil Ciccone
    June 12, 2017 | 1:09 pm

My next 7-minute presentation will be a high-level view of our service offerings, and how they could be a fit to my teams customers. In the technical world, sometimes we need to “step-back” and cover more generalized information rather than the usual specifics as it’s easy to “get lost” in the details. This 7-minute will accomplish that. Our handout will be focusing on the same “general information” that our company provides services. Using this handout, allows our customers to turn over information to their customers when a referral opportunity becomes available.

3. Michelle Quay
    June 12, 2017 | 1:15 pm

My next 7 minutes will be about my Money Coaching Program and what benefits a client would get from it. It will focus on the behavioral finance side and their money personality. I plan to give a nice “take-away” to my strategic partners to take and hand to potential referrals. It will be in bullet point form and will list what is included and benefits of the Money Coaching Program!

4. Joseph Dollar
    June 12, 2017 | 1:42 pm

During my next seven minute presentation I will pass out a hand off displaying the different types of mortgage insurance premiums associated with the various loan programs available to my clients. This will give my audience a visual representation of how each loan program can change the client’s monthly payment.

5. Cheryl Good
    June 12, 2017 | 3:08 pm

One of the questions I hear most often in my industry right now, is why is my auto rates skyrocketing in price?!!

I chose to use a sheet of industry statistics to weight some of the challenges that Insurance companies are having to deal with to stay in business on the auto side. A few years back insurance companies were dealing with the risk side of Homeowners policies and how they could stay competitive in the market place. Today its AUTO.

The harsh reality is this really impacts the insurance industry as a whole and people and their budget as well.
    People are required by law to have Auto Insurance, and if they have a mortgage they are required to have a HO policy in place…. if they get cancelled, insurers are required by law to notify the lender. The lender then places their own policy on the Home or auto, which is about triple the normal. Maybe you have heard the term FORCED insurance.

People want answers and they are upset about what they are having to pay. I can help people weigh those challenges and show them ways they can win the war against the hole in their pocket with intelligence and strategy. I will be addressing this in my 7 minute.

6. Kristi Cobb
    June 12, 2017 | 5:06 pm

My next 7 minute will be on Basis. This is a subject in the accounting world that is very foreign to business owners but is an essential part of the businesses tax return. Basis is a schedule that is calculated every year and determines how the K1 should flow through to the personal return. I will show why it is important and why it is a huge error when not done by a tax preparer.
    I will use a large White Paper hung up to show examples of the flow through to calculate basis. I will also explain basis as it relates to rental property.

7. Michael Harrison
    June 12, 2017 | 7:25 pm

My 7 minute presentation is about electricity. Part of this presentation would be explaining that it’s not the voltage that can kill you, it’s the amperage. The tool that I would be bring and using is my stun gun. That would be explaining how my stun gun as something like hundred and 150,000 Volts. It would also be explaining that if I used the stun gun and fellow member, say Phil Ciccone, that shocking him with this device would not kill him but would hurt like the dickens.

I will be explaining how electricity can kill you, it can also save your life. A defibrillator. When these devices are used, an electric shock is delivered in a very short rate. This can in some cases get the heart beating again. We have probably all seen on the movies/TV these being used. We always hear the command “clear”. That is given to make sure no one is touching the patient because if they are touching the patient at time of the shock, the person touching them, it can cause that person to go into cardiac arrest.

8. Dana Callan
    June 13, 2017 | 10:08 am

My next 7 minutes will be on the difference between a term loan vs a line of credit. I will explain why you would need a term loan and why you would want a line of credit. I plan to have a hand out with a list of some examples of what you would use a term loan for and what you would use a line of credit for and the benefits to both. Also, there are reasons why at some point you would want to term out a line of credit.

9. Tyler Peabody
    June 15, 2017 | 8:08 am

I JUST gave a 7 minute outlining all the paperwork and homework material I give to training clients. I gave everyone a Hand Off that was the “Training Details” sheet that I give to all my training clients which outlines all that is included in the month long training program.

For my NEXT 7 minute, I will be discussing the importance of Canine Health that will be accompanied by a PowerPoint with pictures displaying the difference between underweight, overweight, and healthy dogs… along with tips to keep our canine companions healthy and fit.

Tyler Peabody (Owner/Trainer)
    678-463-4705

10. Brian Waugh
    June 15, 2017 | 1:40 pm

Since my next 7 minute will be my first with PowerCore, I planned on spending my time discussing my professional background and ties to the community. I believe that referrals are based on trust. And as a new member, I feel that it is important to establish a solid ground floor from which to build on. By establishing my credentials and my history with the community that I serve, I hope that it will start to build a base of referral trust. Though I might be new to PowerCore, I have been providing excellent customer service to my clients for years.

11. Jennifer Raby
    June 15, 2017 | 8:51 pm

Each team holds one seat per classification. The person who holds that seat is considered the expert in their field. As a personal trainer, I may be able to communicate to potential clients how our team’s chiropractor can help them, but when they complain they are getting a headache trying to figure out their 401K, I’d rather let our team’s financial planner do the talking. This is why I think hand-offs are a great tool to use during a 7-minute. When I give my team members material about my presentation – which usually involves a workout demonstration – they can pass that off to prospective clients so they can have information about me and my fitness philosophy written in a way that anyone can understand. It takes pressure off of my team member to try to memorize every detail about my methodology, and it serves as a pre-introduction to me!

12. Marc Replogle
    June 16, 2017 | 7:16 pm

My next 7 minute will be continuing conversation on business litigation. I will likely bring in examples of business contracts and letters that have gotten my clients the result they have needed in getting paid.

13. Tim Adamson
    June 16, 2017 | 8:16 pm

My seven minute will be on the various HVAC equipment available to the homeowner today that plays into total home comfort. Most homeowners aren’t educated by their HVAC contractor on all the different options that are available today. I will have a handout explaining the different SEER ratings and the differences between them, as well as different accessories available today.

14. John Immke
    June 18, 2017 | 1:11 am

The focus of my next presentation is on the Total Roofing System that is provided by Owen’s Corning and how we can offer a Platinum Warranty. There are only 14 Platinum contractors in the Atlanta area and 450 Nation Wide. I will be able to bring in samples and a actual setup of the roofing system to show the team just how it works.