What to SAY to GET Referrals: 7-Minute Presentations

Referral Trigger for the week of June 5
Topic: 7-Minute Presentations
Conversation lead by the Woodlawn Team

Successful business woman standing with her staff in background at modern bright office
Consider your next 7-Minute Presentation.

• What topic have you chosen?
  • Now, look three people to your left, and tell us
    how the two of you could turn that topic into
    a joint 7-Minute.
  • What part of your businesses could the two
    of you compare, or contrast for 14 minutes
    of referral stimulation?

8 Responses to What to SAY to GET Referrals: 7-Minute Presentations
  1. Bruce Goldstein
    June 2, 2017 | 1:53 pm

It happens Leslie Pierce, Liberty Tax, is sitting 3 to my left. How perfect to pair her tax business with my financial advisory business. It’s not what you make but what you keep that matters. Taxes are a big bite out of the apple and they are all interested in saving money. People tend to focus on how much money they are making and I can talk about their options and what they can expect. But, by pairing that with Leslie discussing the tax aspects, she can help them see what they think is the best option, isn’t really the choice leaving them with the most money. Sometimes their unique personal situations make it inappropriate to generalize about what is best and it takes a combination of experts to factor in capital gains, loss carryovers, tax-free interest, IRA options, etc. to help them choose their best financial option. Who wouldn’t want to hear that story.

2. Riana Vafadari
    June 2, 2017 | 3:45 pm

Nancy Misita was very lucky to sit 3 seats to my left and I came up with this topic : Mortgage Protection. We can cover life insurance as mortgage protection vehicle or using cash values in policies as down payment to purchase a home. Nancy can show us, what options buyers can buy for the amount of money they have available. I can show how buyers can borrow money against their policies. I think it will be a very interesting topic for us to do to show options based on what they already have and having life insurance, not only for income protection but for mortgage protection is the smartest and most economical thing to do.

3. Dr. Jason Regis
    June 5, 2017 | 11:11 am

Aaron Morrison of Arrison Exteriors specializes in roof repair. There are a lot of similarities in the way we do business and evaluate issues. As the roof is on the top of the house, I also work on the body from the top down because the head/neck is the start of the spinal cord and nervous system. Aaron also recommends certain repairs as being proactive before a larger problem arises. Chiropractic and wellness is all about prevention! My next 7 Minute is going to focus on Yoga and the different poses that can alleviate and PREVENT back pain. Each pose addresses a different muscle or group of muscles. Having a sound foundation is key to a stable structure.

4. Hector Lopez
    June 5, 2017 | 11:50 am

Sitting 3 seats to the left was Scott Virani. We can do a joint 7 minute to discuss the opportunities, challenges and, pitfalls of working with investment properties.
    We can also mix it up with what first time home-buyers should look for when considering their first home purchase. The options are endless!

5. Matt Frazier
    June 5, 2017 | 3:11 pm

There are many members that I could partner with for a joint session but sitting 3 to my left this week was Scott Virani with Keller Williams Realty. Scott and I have many overlaps in our business but our first 14 minute presentation could be to discuss how we tailor our usual processes to meet the needs of first time home buyers. Buying a home and moving are hectic no matter who you are, but there are some added challenges for somebody navigating this for the first time that Scott is excellent at guiding them through. Likewise, this is often the first time somebody has put more than 5 minutes into thinking about their insurance. My specialty is helping new buyers understand what they’re buying and what’s important in simple English rather than insurance jargon. I help new home buyers walk into closing day with confidence.

6. Nancy Misita
    June 5, 2017 | 5:36 pm

Three to my left was the financial planner, Bruce Goldstein. I hit the jackpot. Our 14 minute would be the best way to put a loan together for an individual. Depending on their income and resources. We could determine if putting 20% down is the best route or if 5% down and paying mortgage insurance is best for our client. Or maybe putting 5% down and getting a higher interest rate, so there would be lender credit. Pay the upfront mortgage insurance with the lender credit. There are so many possibilities we could probably do a 28 minute presentation if allowed.

7. Brian Dubuc
    June 7, 2017 | 11:12 am

Three to my left is invariably the incomparable Dr. Jason Regis. I am a real estate attorney and he is a doctor of chiropractic. We are both “small business owners” with professional practices. Our clients/patients come to us with problems – we are their problem solvers. We have to hold their matters in confidence. Professionalism in providing a service would be a great seven minute for us.

8. Leslie Pierce
    June 9, 2017 | 8:12 am

Riana Vafadari holds the life insurance seat on our team. It would be fun to pair our presentations as we both are concerned about people’s lives and protecting their financial health. Riana works hard to explain to people why covering themselves for unforeseen difficulties is important. As an example, how disability insurance can be an important part of their financial decisions.
    Likewise, I try to explain to people what may happen in the future, tax-wise, if they make certain decisions in their lives. As an example, if they turn a second home into a rental property, what type of taxes can they expect?