What to DO to GET Referrals: Element: Initiative | Topic: Participation -Extras

Referral Trigger for the week of August 21
Topic: Element: Initiative | Topic: Participation
Conversation lead by the Alpharetta Team (100% responses achieved)

Extras make us stand apart from the competition.

Share a client extra you’ve incorporated into your
business process.

Tell how you came up with the idea, and what
you had to do to make it possible and profitable.

24 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: Element: Initiative | Topic: Participation -Extras
  1. Jessica Matthews
    August 18, 2017 | 11:44 am

Huge challenge faced by business owners trying to manage their own website? Too much information!

We started providing personalized, custom screen cast training videos to our website clients. Making a fresh video that focuses on answering the specific questions of each client on how to use their new site means that they aren’t wading thru an exhaustive playlist of YouTube videos trying to adapt generalized instructions to their unique tasks. We record the videos on their website, so it looks exactly the same when they go to do it on their own.

Our investment was the price of the recording software license for each lead developer + about 1-2 hours additional time spent recording.

It’s a small price to pay to ensure our clients are comfortable + confident with the product + services we provide. We want to be the one-stop-shop for all things digital, so our clients make one call, that’s all 🙂

2. Jim Hilber
    August 18, 2017 | 2:11 pm

Anytime you commit a client to a term based contract, set a reminder in your calendar/phone as that term nears end. Many times there are obligations that must be met PRIOR to the end of a contract and people simply forget (most always). By following up with a personal reminder, you not only position yourself as an organized caring professional but it also allows you an opportunity to visit with your client again and re-evaluate needs and explore future possibilities.

3. Cathy Jarvis
    August 21, 2017 | 9:56 am

We love to listen and learn about our clients, it is a vital part of the relationship. We take the time to know them and learn how we can make their banking one less item to be concerned with.

One customer makes deposits every other day and choses three specific Dum Dum flavors. A teller noticed the repetitive choices. They began making Dum Dum bouquets for them when they come in to do their transactions.

Another client may mention they are going out of town. Like stopping the mail service, we ask if notes need to be placed on their accounts not to break access to their account. We send get well cards or an email and wellness calls to brighten their day.

Clients have sent others to us because of our service and practicing the “Golden Rule” in our daily actions.

4. Joe Sheriff
    August 21, 2017 | 10:15 am

We offer high-speed processing and focused front end documentation. Our phone app and loan origination software make it super easy to upload docs via file transfer or image capture. I coach my clients to use these great systems right in the beginning of the process so that they can sit back and relax while their file is being underwritten right away. We also issue the initial closing disclosure WITHOUT waiting for the appraisal to come in. That means we have approvals way before the closing date. A lot less stress than the old way of doing mortgages!

5. Lisa Whitstine
    August 21, 2017 | 10:26 am

At my insurance agency I implemented an insurance 101. I don’t assume my prospects or clients understand insurance. Regardless of their career I find people have insurance in most cases because they have to but they really don’t understand what it covers and what it doesn’t. So before I sell a policy to a prospect, I conduct an insurance 101 training class. After this education, I find my prospects usually want to buy more protection than they would have if they hadn’t taken the time for me to education them on coverages and claims process. Just a little added extra that I find my competition doesn’t do.

6. Jason Bates
    August 21, 2017 | 10:39 am

Successful investing involves a detailed process. I did not realize this until I joined my new team back in December. We carry our clients through a process to understand everything that impacts their financial bottom line. We get a load of information up front and then meet with our clients throughout the year at least four times to carefully go through all of their financial situations. This is a well-thought-out experience that everyone should benefit from.

7. Melanie Mayer
    August 21, 2017 | 10:42 am

As a closing attorney with Shafritz & Dean, we always try to go the extra mile to make sure that everyone walks away happy. One extra that we do is after every closing that there is a realtor involved, we email the realtor the ALTA combined disclosure along with a thank you for using our firm. This saves the realtor the time and aggravation of scanning the document as they have to send to FMLS to document the sale. We also burn a cd for the buyer of all their signed documents so they don’t have to keep a huge paper file.

8. Alberto Sapoznik
    August 21, 2017 | 11:13 am

It’s funny, but I believe an extra thing that I do for my clients, is actually what I DON”T do!
    I ONLY represent Tenant and Buyers of Commercial Real Estate space, which means WHAT I DON’T DO… is an extra for my clients. I DON”T represent the seller/landlord, so it is a HUGE extra to my client to not have any question as to whose allegiance I have… at all times.
    Since we are never going to want the sellers/landlord’s business, it allows us to fight extra hard for my client’s well being.
    AND… I love bringing a great deal for my clients!

9. Dr. Parker Ward
    August 21, 2017 | 12:18 pm

In our chiropractic center, I implemented a patient orientation class called Chiropractic 101. It is geared towards our new patients, and we encourage them to attend the class soon after their first visit.

It’s a extra bonus for them to learn about the larger scope of chiropractic as a whole and not just their specific problems. This allows me to explain to them how we can help their friends and family who could benefit from chiropractic care.

I started this at the beginning of this year, and it’s been a great in house referral tool for our patients.

10. Cheryl Blazej
    August 21, 2017 | 7:29 pm

Part of what we have implemented this year is a “Reviewer” team. Once our bookkeepers have completed their work our “Reviewer” team verifies the data. Our team works with our clients to make sure all of the information is “CPA ready”. By going the extra step it helps our clients know their financials information has been reviewed that “one extra time”

11. Butch Nicholson
    August 22, 2017 | 9:04 am

We provide a commercial quality proposal for our residential customers. Every part of the scope work is broken out and priced separately . This helps customers understand why we build the way we do and make decisions on things they may want to add, subtract, or change on their project.

12. Kerry Singley
    August 22, 2017 | 11:11 am

On our potential race customers, we invite them out to the track to if this is really what they want to do. many shops would simply build a car and send them on their way. not us, we make sure they are happy with their decision. This way we have a happy customer, no matter what they decide.

13. Karen Brown Williams
    August 22, 2017 | 11:12 am

I try to assist my clients in finding professionals they are seeking for
    other parts of their lives. Being an on going resource
    is important and I try to maintain an ongoing relationship with my clients… being a resource is one of the ways I maintain a continuing relationship

14. Victor Kelley
    August 22, 2017 | 12:16 pm

Currently customizing a new home. Several neighbors have asked what services I provide. Instead of telling them and showing a small picture, I take them into the house. There they see exactly what it would look like in their house, since all the houses are basically the same. This method has generated a lot of new business and referrals.

15. Tina-Marie Spellman
    August 22, 2017 | 12:27 pm

So much information on the Identity Shield plan is overwhelming to our clients. We follow-up with specific how to instructions on the information we know our client is specifically needing. For example, if they want to get their credit score quickly, we show them how to download the Identity Shield app on their phone, so they can readily access their credit score whenever they need it.

16. Elwood Hemming
    August 22, 2017 | 12:47 pm

We have found chocolate is the way to our customers hearts. After we have completed each job our customers are given a box of chocolates and we also follow up with every client and also try and educate them on how to keep there property clean longer with just a few steps and some complementary soaps that we also pass on them at no charge.

Educating our customers on what we are doing and also how they can work with us throughout the year so that we don’t have to come back as many times throughout the year to keep their property looking fresh and clean.

17. Kay Born
    August 22, 2017 | 1:25 pm

Many prospective home buyers are searching the internet for homes with websites like Zillow and Trulia. One thing they don’t realize is that these websites are really marketing companies and not real estate brokers, with up to date available home information.

I provide my clients with access to Listingbbook, a true real estate database based on the information that I and other agents use to search for them. This access saves both me and the buyer valuable time because the information is accurate and eliminates properties that are no longer available, and includes those that just came on market.

18. Elizabeth Seago
    August 22, 2017 | 8:15 pm

At Mittie’s Café we invite our guests into our home. Mittie’s had been a second home for me for years, and now I get to share that feeling with others. Aside from the building, an old house built in the 50s, home is a feeling shared with family and friends, supporting the community, celebrating life moments. We show this feeling of home through food, the way my grandmother showed me growing up with Sunday dinners. We support the community through our guests, getting to know them and what is important to them. As many of our Powercore guests will tell you, our home is theirs when they visit. You never know who you are going to run into conducting office hours at Mittie’s. We celebrate life’s moments big and small, bridal &baby showers, birthdays, friendship, to good report card, lunch with mom, coffee with a client. We are unique because you can always come back home and we will be waiting for you with a glass of iced tea.

19. Corbin Cook
    August 22, 2017 | 9:36 pm

With my experience as a wealth manager my business consulting clients gain from my perspective and understanding of how grow and protect a business that builds true long term wealth. I work with them to coordinate their business with the bigger financial picture. In the world of business consultants this is an extra that flies under the radar but pays big dividends.

20. Tom DiGiovanni
    August 22, 2017 | 11:18 pm

We show people how to have wellness on a budget!

Same dollars dollars better spent, simply switch stores!

I help set up customer accounts for the largest online health and wellness shopping club in North America think costco meets amazon or whole foods meets amazon at a 30 to 50 percent discount. All the products are natural based solutions and science vs nature with a 32 year old USA based company who not only manufactures all of their products here in the USA but are also the distributers!

21. Anna Parker-Hemming
    August 24, 2017 | 3:09 pm

Sometimes a small gesture can reap big rewards. One of the small and simple extras I provide my customers with is a free full size bottles of a household product that I have learnt can help slow the recurrence of some mold and mildew on stone, wood and plastic. For the cost of a dollar I help my customer reduce their pressure washing need from every 6 months to every 12 months. This may sound counterproductive for a small business, but this little extra means I have repeat customers who have provide me with 5 star reviews and refer me to their friends and neighbors.

22. Jacob Longoria
    August 24, 2017 | 9:45 pm

I began to realize that most of my clients wanted and needed assistance with more than just social media management. Since there is a need in all things digital marketing, I quickly decided to begin providing additional strategies and tactical services that could help them grow their businesses online. These services include email marketing and automation, Google PPC, sales funnel strategy and more. So far, my clients have been very pleased with the additional service.

23. Doug Wheeler
    August 24, 2017 | 10:31 pm

When we build websites many do not know how to tell people how they do it. So I started doing pictures. I have a studio in my home I can do portraits. But one of my most exciting is my video studio. I have purchased lights, backdrops, and a teleprompter. I believe that video will be the nest wave to tell how people do it.

24. Dr Madelaine Murad
    August 25, 2017 | 10:08 am

Studies show that when people go to the doctor they only process 50 percent of what they are told. When I see sick children who I have to treat with numerous medications for weeks, I take the time to write down for their parents the dates and times they have to give the medications. This provides them with a schedule that they can check off as each task is done.
    It’s something I do to provide extra value, excellent care, and help the extremely busy parents.