Referral Trigger for the week of August 7
Topic: Element: Initiative | Topic: Participation
Conversation led by the 30305 Buckhead Team  (100% responses achieved)

Follow through is a success habit for pros in every
classification from soccer to medicine.
Talk about a follow through system you initiated
in your business process.Explain how you saw the need, implemented the system,
and the benefit it brings to your clients.

16 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: Element: Initiative | Topic: Participation – Follow Through
  1. Derek Duvoisin
    August 9, 2017 | 7:29 pm

In the moving and storage business the number one complaint is still not showing up on time. While this is not generally referring to my role as a relocation consultant, I made it part of our best practice at Armstrong Relocation to call all clients while we are inbound to their home with our ETA. Traffic is a bear, and people understand running a little ahead of schedule or a little behind schedule, but not communicating is infuriating. By making sure all employees utilize our software correctly to have easy access to customer’s numbers while enroute, we ensure all clients are kept informed in real time of when we will arrive.

2. Darrell Rodgers
    August 9, 2017 | 8:43 pm

In the internet services business contracts are hallowed ground. They always have a notification clause for if you want to opt out of them. It’s almost always 90 days before it ends. Unfortunately, the services companies don’t contact you to renew until 60 days before the contract is up. This gives you no option to opt out unless you remember to contact them before the 90 days on your own.
    SO….
    I put reminders in my calendar two, three, even sometimes five years in the future to remind my clients that it’s now 180 days before your contract expires. If they want to make changes the time to plan for that is now.

3. Linda McQueeney
    August 10, 2017 | 10:06 am

At All About People we check in with our clients to determine how our candidate is doing on day 1. We also get a status update at the end of week 1, week 2 and month 1. We contact them 2 weeks prior to the end of the contract of 13 weeks to make the transition from temp to hire to the companies payroll. I put reminders for once a month to follow up to see if they have any additional needs.

4. Victor Nassar
    August 10, 2017 | 10:07 am

In the mortgage business things can have a tendency to move quickly. I have a process to follow up with clients via phone, email, and if necessary via text. we review the status of our files twice weekly to make sure they are on progress for our needed timeline. Additionally, I keep all parties aware of the progress on the file on a weeekly basis.

5. Norm Hatke
    August 10, 2017 | 10:09 am

for a real estate transaction, the Home Inspection negotiation is always the most contentious step of the process. i created a checklist of the most important inspections to do, and what to expect with each. this is given to the Seller at the time of listing the property, and it is given to the Buyer at the time of writing the offer. everyone knows ahead of time just what to expect.

6. Jennifer Raby
    August 10, 2017 | 12:22 pm

The first step in getting a client in the door and comfortable with using me as a personal trainer is to establish a method of communication that best suites their needs. Some clients require only email appointment reminders and are happy to receive verbal instructions for their maintenance exercises outside of the gym. Others prefer hand-written schedules that they can tuck into their own notebooks or planners. Many clients rely on text messages, especially for quick coordination of ever-changing schedules, or to let me know if there is a particular area they’d like to focus on the next session. I only get to see my clients 1-3 hours a week, so my follow-through must involve making sure my clients know that they can reach out to me in any number of ways.

7. Mary Schneider
    August 10, 2017 | 12:26 pm

As a leadership development coach, I am measured by the client’s satisfaction … how happy they are with the work I am doing.

Instead of waiting until the end of a coaching engagement to ask if the client is happy with the results, I implemented a process to solicit feedback along the way … at the end of nearly every meeting.

The benefit it brings to my client is that I can pivot my approach and/or process steps to meet their needs immediately. I do this when delivering training classes too. After one class, a woman came up to me and said, “I’ll take any class you teach. I loved how you took our input into consideration along the way, and you made the class a lot of fun.”

Asking for client feedback along the way is second nature for me now. Not only does it strengthen the outcomes for the client, it makes the interactions more satisfying for both of us.

8. Evan Carter
    August 10, 2017 | 3:17 pm

Follow through is important in any business-client relationship. Many would probably agree that follow-through in the field of financial planning is vital. We spend hours working with clients working on their comprehensive financial plan so that they can truly experience some peace of mind knowing how all the moving pieces come together. However, people are busy and often times struggle to implement the recommendations we have for them. As such, we utilize a state of the art software that keeps us all on the right track and keeps the ongoing to-do list clear for all parties. Other than keeping our health on the right course, I believe keeping our financial plans on-point is the next most important thing. And our team has figured out a way to make it easy for our clients and us to stay on top of it.

9. Paul Sather
    August 10, 2017 | 8:10 pm

Paul Sather Metro Atlanta Radon Mitigation

More than 80% of Radon Mitigation installs are connected to a real-estate transaction. Knowing what the contract between the buyer and seller actually states is critical.

We always check with the parties and make sure what is stated on the contract can actually be completed by the necessary time. This simple action has saved many clients time and money.

I believe in trying to make the process smooth sailing for all involved. This saves me stress and always me to consistently delivery the best service in the in industry.

10. Lauren Smith
    August 11, 2017 | 11:18 am

As a family law attorney, client’s questions are always high priority to them as the issues are of the upmost importance. I do not leave my office until I have answered every email or voicemail. It may be as small as “I have seen your message and will get back to you by Friday” but it is important for me that my clients know I am paying attention and have them top of mind, and their needs are being met!

11. Mike Rusenko
    August 11, 2017 | 11:33 am

When we meet with new clients at our CPA firm, we make a point to email the client after the meeting to reiterate the action items discussed and go through the next steps to get their project started. This keeps the project top of mind for the client and allows them to provide feedback and questions for steps that may have arisen after our initial meeting.

12. Terry Furuta
    August 11, 2017 | 11:58 am

I specialize in botanical arrangement design so what makes me different from floral designers is that I understand plant maintenance. When my clients buy or receive an orchid or other type of plant arrangement I include a care card for simple instructions. I also include a care sheet written by me with detailed care instructions for each different plant. This makes my clients feel successful when they are rewarded with thriving plants.

13. Phil Minnes
    August 11, 2017 | 1:50 pm

We have templates for emails which we send to new insureds. These include who to contact in our agency when you need something, how to set up auto-draft, a list of documents we need signed, etc.

New clients have many questions and we try to provide the answers before they realize they need the information.

14. Nance Donaldson
    August 12, 2017 | 1:56 am

In the real estate business often the time between the signing of a lease and the actual occupancy date can be many months out due to the time it takes to build out the space. During this time period I follow up weekly with emails and phone calls to make sure the client stays informed of the progress.

15. Cindy Adcock
    August 12, 2017 | 9:10 am

When a new Preferred Customer is signed up I have a system in place in which I follow up to be sure they received their Rodan + Fields Regimen and another other Essentials or Enhancements they ordered. I make sure they have no questions about the products or the order in which to use them. I also follow up at the one and two week mark to be sure they are being consistent with the products and if they have any questions or concerns. When they are up for an auto ship, if a change needs to be made – they simply text, email or message me on Facebook. They can also manage their own account. My job is to support them in the skin care journey. That is my goal.

16. Dana Kind
    August 14, 2017 | 3:32 pm

Patient follow-through is difficult when patients have multiple appointments over the weeks. To help remind the patients of upcoming appointments we text them the night before with the time they made the appointment. This helps to ensure that they show up for their appointment and also allows them to notify us in advance if they have schedule conflicts that they did not remember.
    Having the ability to get in contact with the Doctor directly also make the patient more secure in dealing with issues that come around.