David Arnold 20 Year Pin

When David Arnold had been Member of the Cumberland Team for about a year I tried to talk him into quitting. When I gave him his 20 Year pin I asked if he remembered he had told me  “I can’t quit because” . . . David nodded yes and immediately finished the sentence: PowerCore is a part of my marketing plan.

Here’s how David explained it to his Team this week: We’re all in the same business. We’re in the client finding business. Every year I look at the number of clients  I’ll find lay out where I’m going to get those from. PowerCore’s always been the top part of my marketing plan, where I expect to get my new clients from. So I couldn’t afford to quit. I’d have to find some better way find clients.

To see what Cumberland Team Members said to David, and get his numerical reply, click here.

18 Responses to David Arnold 20 Year Pin
  1. Bryan Holloway
    November 15, 2017 | 2:56 pm

I did an InfoMinute series about condos earlier in the year and David found enough value in it he added the language to something he sent out to all his condo owners in the past. It let me know he keeps in touch with his clients but also that he found me valuable enough to share me with them and I just so appreciated that. Thank you, David.

2. Porschia Parker
    November 15, 2017 | 2:57 pm

David was one of my first coffees when I joined the Cumberland PowerCore Team and a few things that I noticed about him right away, his upbeat and positive attitude, despite people saying, “Real estate’s a tough market. It’s a hard place to make it,” and that he’d been at PowerCore for eighteen years. And I said, “I thought it sounded like a good idea but if he’s been in PowerCore for eighteen years it’s definitely a great idea.” And then what I started to pick up from David was his level of dedication, which we can hear in the twenty years to his profession, to learning, and also to PowerCore.

3. Rhonda Sterrett
    November 15, 2017 | 2:58 pm

Over ten years ago when I walked in I was scared as could be. You were the first person who talked to me. I remember that. You were also the first person I had coffee with and I had gotten a referral that was garbage. You told me it’s okay to go back to them and tell them, “I don’t want this.” And that was amazing to me that I could do something like that. It really was. He said, “Just tell them it’s garbage.” And I thought that was amazing.

4. Joy Edwards
    November 15, 2017 | 3:00 pm

You were probably the first coffee that I had when I joined this Team! We met at Panera and what I got from you that has always stuck with me was you told me that I wasn’t to sell to the people in this room. These people are my sales force. So I was to educate them to go out and sell me to others. And I really appreciate that.

5. Karen DeRuyter
    November 15, 2017 | 3:01 pm

When I joined you probably had been here between ten and fifteen years and I had told myself I’d give it a year to eighteen months. But when I saw you I knew that I had to give it a lot longer. This morning you taught me yet something else, that you still don’t sleep on Wednesday nights, so it’s okay that I hate getting up early, and do it anyway!

6. Kris Baker
    November 15, 2017 | 3:02 pm

As one of the newest Members in this room we just recently met for coffee and your positivity about real estate has just been incredible. So I hope to one year hit this twenty years. So thank you for modeling that.

7. Jim Duelmer
    November 15, 2017 | 3:03 pm

Real estate blew up seven years ago and I went to David a lot, he’s been such a key person in the success of my company. What I really like about David is how he’s always grounded and makes the experience of working together a lot of fun. He explained it to me when I first joined; tht PowerCore is not going to be something that’s just going to overwhelm you every day or every week. But if you look over the results over the course of a year you’re going to see how much value you get from it if you grade it on an annual basis. This is the ebb and flow, but I’ve always remembered that when I forget why I’m here.

8. Shardea Davis
    November 15, 2017 | 3:04 pm

I’m the newest member, and you gave me a referral a week ago. I really do appreciate that, even though you don’t really know me yet you really value the spot that’s in PowerCore. I appreciate that. Twenty years, that’s remarkable.

9. Jon Ongtingco
    November 15, 2017 | 3:05 pm

David is just the right amount of seriousness for the group. He keeps things in line and spits out the occasional joke. One of the things I’ve benefited from knowing David is that he told me once how about how he tracked all of his referrals all the way back to the beginning, which I didn’t do starting out. But he convinced me. He knew who referred him three generations back, so I started tracking it and it made all the difference for me knowing exactly how much it was. So that’s value from David.

10. Rhonda Jones
    November 15, 2017 | 3:05 pm

David, there’s three things that I like about you. One is your smile. You’re always positive. Your patience because I remember I gave you one of my first referrals and it was a very complicated case, and you did a fantastic job. And then the third thing is when I was VisitorCoOrdinator I would get feedback all the time that you were one of the first people to come over and welcome Visitors, and help people feel very welcome. So thank you for that.

11. Patrick Rodman
    November 15, 2017 | 3:07 pm

You have great hair, David, and you’re super professional. You were my first coffee too. I’m glad you bring some seriousness to the table because … otherwise! I recommended some of my best friends to you. It was really sad that they were moving but it was a beautiful process for them to the point that they want to buy me a bottle of alcohol for just making the referral. I got a little kickback. Thank you.

12. Dr. Frank Patterson
    November 15, 2017 | 3:08 pm

The thing I learned from David was something he said that reflected his professional approach to things. That it’s not about what he likes in a house, it’s what they like in their house. His focus is all about the process and the client.

13. Michael Smith
    November 15, 2017 | 3:09 pm

Not only was he the first coffee I had, he made me pay for it! He taught me all the rules of PowerCore in terms of how I conduct myself. However, I did an INTROMinute and we talked about your grandkids and that’s when I thought, “Are we connected here?”

14. Mark Chase
    November 15, 2017 | 3:09 pm

I’ve known David for a lot longer than I’ve been officially a Member of PowerCore Team ’cause I subbed for many years and I do remember subbing at that Denny’s. A bunch of Members weren’t there. It was literally you and Betty and me. I still remember it as a meeting, a great meeting, and I basically had two mentors talking to me as a new Member. So I did get to have coffee with you at that point in a very small meeting and it helped me stay in PowerCore.

15. Stan Faulkner
    November 15, 2017 | 3:10 pm

When we did go have coffee you peeled back the curtain for me on PowerCore. You were like, “Relax. It’s not that difficult. Pay attention to how some of the other guys do it and you’ll pick it up and you’ll be fine. Don’t take it so seriously.” Thank you.

16. Louis Beltrami
    November 15, 2017 | 3:11 pm

I have done so many closings with David and I’ll say there are a lot of people that have a real estate license but there are few people that are just a really good real estate agent. David makes this a full-time job and he takes it very seriously. It’s not just a hobby where he has some other job and he got his license. And that really shows. He knows that new contract everyone worries about and his clients know he’s an asset with good reason.

17. William Crumpler
    November 15, 2017 | 3:12 pm

Twenty years is a major thing. Veterans like you, your civility, makes us want to stick around and continue working harder.

18. Rory Williams
    November 21, 2017 | 2:09 pm

Your contributions to the workshop yesterday are so appreciated, David. As a 20-year veteran, when you talk, I listen, especially being a new member!