Referral Trigger for the week of November 13
Topic: Element: Introduction | Topic: INTROMinutes
Conversation lead by the Greater Gwinnett Team

Imagine there is an Academy Awards ceremony for your industry.
Who do you look up to?
Who would win the equivalent of “Best Actor” this year?Now imagine that you earned the opportunity to introduce
this hero at your industry’s conference.

How will you prepare? What will you do? What will you ask?
What will you include to show them in the best possible light?

11 Responses to What to SAY to GET Referrals: Element: Introduction | Topic: INTROMinutes – Reflection
  1. Marianne Gudina
    November 10, 2017 | 11:25 am

Dave Ramsey,
    Dave is not the first but nobody has achieved the results he has. He went through it all: millionaire in his 20s, bankruptcy, rebuilding.
    His impact with Financial Peace University, over 1 million families worldwide, and still growing.
    A radio program 3 hours a day, with millions of listeners.
    Deceloping a team that assists customers in different areas.
    Built a network of providers tgat follow his philosophy.

Who else in the financial coaching/ counseling areas has reach a comparable result?

2. Russ Porter
    November 10, 2017 | 11:33 am

Start with background; where they started and what they started with. What made them different then and how that compares to what makes them different now. How they worked through early challenges, stuck to their vision, practiced what they preached, what they sacrificed along the way to ensure success and what they have done to teach and coach the next generation to follow a similar path. It’s also important to note who their heroes, mentors, coaches, managers, etc… were and how they helped shape their methods and practices. Bottom Line: No one truly does it on their own. What they get along the way (good or bad) helps shape who they become.

3. Kevin Guidry
    November 13, 2017 | 11:34 am

Over the years, I have found that the best introductions are by those that have personal experience with the one being introduced. Since I happen to have that type of experience with the person that comes to mind I would ponder her strongest quality and build from there. Since these qualities lend themselves to endurance, I would include her years in the profession, along with all or some of her biggest accomplishments.

4. Rebecca Brizi
    November 13, 2017 | 2:33 pm

My approach is to craft an introduction around the audience, rather than around the person being introduced. I consider why the introduction is occurring, finding the particular trait or practice of the individual that makes him/her relevant to this audience, and focus on that. Explaining what it is, why it is relevant and how this information & introduction can be utilized by the audience.

5. Dr. Cara Iovino
    November 13, 2017 | 2:42 pm

I have 2 heroes in Chiropractic.

Dr. Sid Williams and his wife Dr. Nell saw hundreds of people each week at their clinics in Georgia…during a time in history when many people did not think everyone should be welcome at the same businesses. They refused to separate people based on race…and their clinic was burned…twice!!!…and they rebuilt…twice!!! And they never faltered in their service to the WHOLE community.
    Racism will not prevail! LOVE WINS!!!

Dr. Armand Rossi gave me the most gentle and effective Chiropractic adjustment I’ve ever had and I’ve been getting adjusted since I was a small child! When he adjusted me, I barely felt the impulse from his hands…but I felt the release!!! It felt to me like love moved the bone!I aspire to adjust like him!

Dr. Cara Iovino
    OneStopWellness.us
    (404)474-7446

6. Rory Williams
    November 14, 2017 | 1:58 pm

My mentor Tom ‘Big Al’ Schreiter comes to mind. One of the biggest things I’ve learned from him is to listen. Really listen. And observe. From this, I would introduce my hero with a stand-out story I know about him. I’d follow it up with the statement that we all are fine when things are going well, but that the true test of someone’s character is when things aren’t. The story — and his ‘manner in which’ — would be the focal point.

7. Michael Matthys
    November 15, 2017 | 8:48 pm

A supplier for our cleaning chemicals for pressure washing and stains for deck staining comes to mind. He is always helpful with his knowledge and wisdom of what’s the best products to use when pressure washing different things whether it’s a building, a deck, a home, or concrete and the best way to apply it. In our industry companies are not necessarily free flowing with information with each other. I appreciate that about our supplier. I would highlight that about him and how we can’t lose to help others with knowledge we’ve gained over the years that would need it.

8. Richard Chalmers
    November 16, 2017 | 9:52 am

The person I look up in my industry and who I still go to for information would be a great Award winner. What I to introduce David would be to show the heart he has for his craft and the willingness to help his clients and fellow craft men.

9. Dr. Mark Sheridan
    November 17, 2017 | 7:55 am

Since I am very familiar with this person’s professional achievements, I would also ask about their personal achievements, including hobbies and favorite causes. That way I can share a more human side to the introduction.

10. David Ellner
    November 17, 2017 | 10:09 am

The high achievers in my industry seem to be those that are credentialed and spend the majority of their time practicing in the field of valuation. Many have risen to the top because they have a strong passion for what they do and for the people they serve.

I can get the speakers qualifications from their bio. I will include some of his or her skills, knowledge, and experience in the introduction. However, I also want the audience to know more about the speaker’s passion. I will plan to meet with the speaker in order to get an understanding of that passion. Then, I will share it with the audience. I believe the audience will connect more with the speaker when they get a sense of the speaker’s strong desire to serve their clients.

11. Dave Runyon
    November 17, 2017 | 1:45 pm

The person I admire most would be my mentor in the oil business. His discipline and practical examples we were well thought out and helped me sell approx. 5mm gal perat month. Some of my larger accounts were Federal Express and UPS. This high profile customer was always looking to be on the cutting edge. Referals given were great