Referral Trigger for the week of January 8
Topic: Element: Facts | Topic: InfoMinutes
Conversation led by the Peachtree Team

An InfoMinute has six crucial parts.

Divide your business into six parts.
Is one of them significantly larger than the others?

Tell us about that largest part of your business:
is it the largest in dollar volume, client acquisition, or value.

Tell us what and tell us why.
Give us the facts about that important segment of what you do.

13 Responses to What to SAY to GET Referrals: Element: Facts | Topic: InfoMinutes -15 seconds is 25%
  1. Brett Vincent
    January 5, 2018 | 10:36 am

Our fundamental job is to make rental properties produce income, and put it in the homeowners bank account. That involves marketing, customer service, screening, accounting, maintenance, and communications. Perhaps the most important role is in actually collecting the rent in a timely manner and quickly disbursing the money to owners. We collect and disburse well over $500,000 each month.

2. David Citrin
    January 5, 2018 | 1:05 pm

My Personal Injury practice consists of automobile accidents, slip/trip & fall injuries, food poisoning, assaults, general negligence and Workers’ Compensation claims, but not to anyone’s surprise, by far the largest part, by number of cases and by dollar value, is automobile accidents. Since the cause of any given accident isn’t always very clear, my process begins with gathering the facts that allow me to prove that the other driver was at fault, then I analyze the injuries that my client sustained and prove to a reasonable degree of medical certainty that they were caused by the impact. Finally, I present the entire package to the insurance adjuster and use it all to negotiate a fair settlement of the claim, or, if necessary, file a lawsuit so that I can present the evidence to a jury.

3. Drew Niess
    January 5, 2018 | 4:38 pm

Home Insurance, we get most of our referrals from mortgage lenders that have new home buyers needing affordable insurance with the right coverage. The home insurance sets the table for us to offer other important revenue generating products, like car insurance. In addition, when you insure someone’s home you are typically insuring their biggest asset and I like being a trusted adviser on the right coverage to protect the home.

4. tMarianneGudina
    January 5, 2018 | 6:23 pm

As a financial coach my largest sector is personal financial coaching.
    Most clients come because they are familiar with Dave Ramsey and his Financial Peace University and as a certified Dave Ramsey financial coach it is a natural progression.
    Another segment comes because someone, like an advisor, or counselor has told them that they can use some assistance to get their finances under control.
    Unless you tell money where to go they will disappear.

5. ELLEN PARKERSON
    January 6, 2018 | 12:55 pm

The major part of my income comes from Tax Preparation. I do small businesses AND individuals. Most of my clients are from word of mouth and Powercore referrals. It is good that it is the largest part of my business because it is also the favorite part of my business. I consider each client’s folder a puzzle for me to solve to get the best results possible. With the changes in the tax laws, 2018 should be very interesting.

6. Nakia Sanford
    January 8, 2018 | 11:26 pm

I would narrow my business down to four crucial elements,
    -agency size
    -client acquisition
    -relationship management
    -Continuing Education

The largest part of my business centers around the agents I work with. Helping them get licensed, trained and independent is my biggest focus.

Having a fully functioning franchise built will give me more time and energy to devote towards my non profit.

A larger agency will help me increase distribution and serve more households. Serving more households would of course increase our revenue, and affect our ability to serve more people in need through our Non profit efforts.

During my time as a professional athlete, I has some amazing coaches. I truly hope I can play the same role with the men and women who look to me for guidance as they navigate their financial services career.

7. Robert Hunter
    January 9, 2018 | 6:26 pm

Listing Homes and getting them sold is the largest part of my business. It’s the largest revenue generator and having listings has the side benefit of generating new clients.

Properly marketing homes takes the most focus and generates the best results for my clients.
    PowerCore Team members have provided a significant stream of quality referrals. PowerCore is an important part of the lead generation and client acquisition streams of my business.

8. Ryan Woolley
    January 9, 2018 | 8:05 pm

The largest part of my business is payroll services. I get the majority of my business from CPAs and client referrals.

The only time that this ratio changes is in January, because it becomes easier to prospect thanks to the change in tax year.

Payroll service is the engine for everything else that we are able to do.

9. Dr Mike Tumminello
    January 11, 2018 | 10:34 am

The 6 parts of my practice are:
    1. Neurological Spinal Adjustments
    2. Extremity adjustments (knees, shoulders, etc)
    3. Nutritional therapy
    4. Spinal decompression for disc conditions
    5. Physical thearpy
    6. Business health classes
    The major part of the office is the neurological adjustments. They allow us to correct chronic conditions of the nervous system for relief of chronic pain and dysfunction.

10. Jennifer Raby
    January 11, 2018 | 1:20 pm

There really is only one part of my business, and that is personal training. The training itself varies from client to client, the majority of which are looking for consistency and accountability. My highest-value clients are the ones that sign on and stay on, consistently renewing their ten – or sometimes twenty – session packages. This is because I am doing more than putting weights in their hands and making them sweaty and sore. Ninety percent of my clients’ success comes from their relationship with me and the self efficacy I push them toward as they learn to take control and ownership of their new healthier lifestyle. I believe that this leads to a far higher perceived value than what they actually pay.

11. Bruce Meller
    January 11, 2018 | 3:38 pm

The main parts of my remodeling business are:
    Kitchens
    Baths
    Basements, whole houses, decks
    Home Additions
    New custom homes

While we focus on all of these areas, Kitchens are particularly important. The kitchen is the center of the home and is used virtually every day. So it is important that it reflect how your family lives and entertains.
    It is also a major factor in how fast your home will sell if you decide to move. A home with a remodeled kitchen will sell much faster than the identical floor plan with outdated kitchen.

12. Sue Rice
    January 11, 2018 | 7:09 pm

There are 5 major types of mortgage. They are Conventional
    FHA
    VA
    USDA
    Jumbo (loans over $453,100).
    Each mortgage type has its own set of guidelines or rule we might say. There is also a further breakdown by Purchase or Refinance transactions and additional special products that fall under each category.

The major focus that I am most interested in is the Conventional and FHA purchase business, since this is most prevalent in the areas where I work. Since rates have been so low over the past 6-7 years, and the home values had dropped for so long, the refinance market was not my main focus. However, since the values have come back in the Atlanta area, people are now able to refinance and get rid of mortgage insurance at this time, or even take cash out of their homes to do some much needed or desired repairs.

I am glad to be an expert in both sides of the business, and with all of the products.

13. Hal Parkerson
    January 12, 2018 | 6:28 pm

I have a broad business and estate practice.

In the estate area, there are two major areas; first planning and will and trust preparation and secondly probate including will contests and other litigation.

In the business law area, my practice includes contract negotiation and drafting, acquisition and dispositions, restructuring and commercial litigation.

The two areas which have been most important have been acquisitions and dispositions and commercial litigation.

Few people or businesses like the idea of being sued. They need to be able to turn to someone with many years of litigation experience. My background include about 30 years having responsibility for many commercial cases (sometimes over a thousand) in most all states.

I bring that experience to help my clients achieve a successful resolution to litigation where things have not gone well for them. That same experience I bring to my clients who are looking to achieve a recovery from a person or customer in a commercial context.

That same experience extends to acquisitions, dispositions and financings of business and assets of various types.