Referral Trigger for the week of February 26
Topic: Element: Credibility | Topic: Leadership
Conversation lead by the Sugarloaf Team   (100% responses achieved)

Count three people to your left.

If we were having a conversation, and you were bragging
about this Member, what would you tell us
they are excellent at?

Give a real-life example of your experience with their
excellence, then identify an Officer’s role where
that skill would be a benefit.

15 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: Element: Credibility | Topic: Leadership – MentorCore
  1. Robert Jackson
    February 23, 2018 | 11:40 am

Ayo Sabo, is 3 to the left and I would tell you that he is very dependable and reliable. I called him late one Friday afternoon with a client “emergency” that needed to get auto coverage right away. He pulled over to a coffee shop, got on his laptop and issued her coverage within an hour.
    I think he would be good as a Visitor Coordinator as he gets to the meetings early and is very genuine with everyone he meets.

2. Patty Williamson
    February 23, 2018 | 11:44 am

Whenever see Skylar she is always smiling and friendly. She is confident when she speaks and that confidence can be seen by the way she carries herself. I have had the privilege of working with a client Skylar referred to me and she does a great job with following up on her referrals, by making sure the client does their part to get approved so they are ready to purchase the home of their dreams. Through this transaction I was able to see that Skylar has excellent communication skills as well as being very organized. I feel like her communication and organizational skills would be a great benefit for the Participation Coordinator role. She would also make a great Visitor Coordinator as she makes you feel welcome when you meet her. I love having Skylar on our team and look forward to seeing her in a leadership role!

3. Sam Wilson
    February 23, 2018 | 12:08 pm

Jay Bell (Business Attorney) is three seats to my left. One Friday evening, a client called frustrated because their landlord wasn’t upholding their end of the lease and passed expenses on to the tenant. Jay spoke to the business owner late on a Friday night and gave her some ideas (at no charge) to try suggesting to the building owner. Jay was ready to give suggestions without thought of self. He walked her through what she should do in order for the situation to work out in her benefit. Doesn’t that sound like a Mentor Coordinator to you? Hooking someone up with the information they need to succeed at PowerCore is one of the primary functions of a Mentor Coordinator, and Jay embodies that skill.

4. Patty Williamson
    February 23, 2018 | 12:22 pm

Whenever you see Skylar she is always smiling and friendly. She is confident when she speaks and that confidence can be seen by the way she carries herself. I have had the privilege of working with a client Skylar referred to me and she does a great job with following up on her referrals, by making sure the client does their part to get approved so they are ready to purchase the home of their dreams. Through this transaction I was able to see that Skylar has excellent communication skills as well as being very organized. I feel like her communication and organizational skills would be a great benefit for the Participation Coordinator role. She would also make a great Visitor Coordinator as she makes you feel welcome when you meet her. I love having Skylar on our team and look forward to seeing her in a leadership role!

5. Steve Goins
    February 23, 2018 | 1:06 pm

The current Participation Coordinator on the Sugarloaf Team is Patty Williamson. She also was the person seated 3 seats to my left so this was her lucky day! I will brag on Patty from what I have experienced in both referrals and from personal experience. She holds the Mortgage Originator seat on our team and she is very good at what she does. Particularly, she is organized, thorough and a great communicator. When she is working with a client to get them from their mortgage loan application to closing, she does a terrific job of making sure that she gathers a complete credit package from the borrower to submit to underwriting; keeping them informed on where the loan process is; and making sure that the loan closes by the contract closing date. Communication–Organization–Thoroughness are all attributes that serve her well for the leadership position that I feel she is best qualified for. That position is the one that she currently holds which is Participation Coordinator! Our meetings run smoothly because we our 7 minute presenters and introducers are aware well in advance of when they are scheduled. We have timely agendas available both online and with hard copies at the meeting to keep us informed of what is going on with our clubs. And our meetings end on time with the work that Patty does.

6. Jim Miskell
    February 23, 2018 | 1:45 pm

Sam Wilson is excellent at making his clients feel comfortable while educating them about their needs. His sincerity, attentiveness and friendliness make people feel at home, part of the family and listened to. You see him make himself available every week at meetings to newcomers for questions and to give them some inside PowerCore insights – he wants them to feel welcome to return and to know that our team is interested that they have a good experience. Sam has served ably in every leadership role in the past, but I believe that he is especially well suited for Mentor Coordinator – he is friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable about PowerCore. The perfect triple threat.

7. Ayo Saba
    February 23, 2018 | 2:42 pm

Speaking about Mr. Sam Wilson being a membership Coordinator would be good for him. Because he is great with explaining in detail when the new members come to the meeting taking the time to give them little tidbits as the meeting is going on so they are not lost. He one day explained the ins and out of real estate investing and letting you know. Letting them know every detail other that just buying and renting out. He explained the best ways to set prices for rental and every expense it was a great seven minute.

8. Jay B. Bell
    February 23, 2018 | 3:12 pm

3 seats to the left sits David LeBlanc, D&D Carpet Cleaning. The one thing David never says about his business, is that he is the fastest carpet cleaner. Why? Because faster is not necessarily better in the carpet cleaning business. This is indicative of David’s meticulous approach to most things – you learn this if you have coffee with him. He doesn’t rush, he is thorough. With this characteristic, I think David would be great at Participation Coordinator, because that officer slot has a lot of moving parts, and attention to detail is key. David would be great at it!

9. DeWitte Thompson
    February 23, 2018 | 5:52 pm

Steve Goins is 3 seats to the left of me and just a couple of the things I would mention about him would be how dependable he is and his attention to detail. Steve is consistently one of the first members to arrive to our meetings and is always prepared. In an industry such as banking and working with commercial loans that is so highly regulated, working with a person like Steve who is dependable and who you know will cross every “t” and dot every “i” is a must. These are just a couple of the reasons he thrives in his current role as Membership Coordinator as well.

10. Tim Hilmo
    February 24, 2018 | 2:55 pm

Mr Chalmers was sitting three seats to my left , he was a guest looking for a new team.I asked Mr Steve Goins about this business owner and he told me he was a good business man, I then set up a meeting with Mr Chalmers and we had a great meeting. Mr Chalmers and I talked about several jobs and the customer responses.I do have him coming to quote on some work I need to get completed . I am sure he is going to give a great quote and will complete the job with quality and on time. I believe he would be a good member coocdinater because he is easy to talk with and likes to get you on the schedule.

11. Skylar Chans
    February 26, 2018 | 1:07 pm

David Vanover sat three seats to my left. David and I both started in the group around the same time, and it was instantly clear to me the passion he has for not only his work but for more specifically for his relationships with his clients. Working in the home security industry, David makes it clear every week that his work is far from self-serving, and he truly goes above and beyond to make sure his clients are protected fully, no matter what. Because of his ability to work with a variety of different individuals, I see David thriving in the Visitor Coordinator role.

12. David LeBlanc
    February 26, 2018 | 8:54 pm

Ayo Saba, of Country Financial, is the type of person that makes me proud to be part of Powercore. He goes out of his way to connect people of integrity, constantly looking out for the interests of others, in the true spirit of networking and service.
    Ayo has an open heart and I’ve seen how he treats people with dignity, love and respect, regardless of race, faith background or politics. He’s a man of honor, and I’m proud to call him a friend.
    Ayo would make an excellent visitor coordinator, with his others-focus, or mentor coordinator, since he’s very sincere and cares about the success of his fellow teammates.

13. David Vanover
    February 27, 2018 | 12:51 pm

My friend Tim Hilmo is honest and dependable. I know he can fix things because he repaired our “Monarch of the Minute” small light.
    I can count on him. He would be great as the visitor coordinator. He makes people feel welcome and glad to be there!

14. Svitlana Davis
    February 27, 2018 | 7:48 pm

Mr.Jim Wilson was the first member of Sugarloaf Power Core I had a coffee meeting with. And I can say he is a very good fit for his role as a Membership Coordinator.

He has great speaker skills which allow him to deliver any complicated piece of information in a simple and understandable way.
    He speaks about his business team with a lot of respect and that tells you he is a wonderful leader as well.

He knows how to build trust so you can feel comfortable to refer him to a prospect.

15. Calvin Foster
    February 28, 2018 | 6:43 am

Mr. Calvin Foster of Minuteman press is always dependable and loves speaking to everyone.
    Calvin Foster would make a great Vistor Coordinator because he just genuinely cares for people.
    Calvin just simply get the job done.