Referral Trigger for the week of February 5
Topic: Element: Credibility | Topic: Leadership
Conversation lead by the Perimeter Team

One of the components of a profitable InfoMinute is
information about our strengths.Share one of the strengths that makes you exceptional
in your industry, and compare that strength to
one of the five Officer’s positions.

16 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: Element: Credibility | Topic: Leadership – Show Your Strengths
  1. Seth Katz
    February 2, 2018 | 3:18 pm

As a business attorney, I must be responsive – to clients, opposing counsel and courts. One of the most common complaints about attorneys is that they do not respond in a timely fashion. And a failure to respond to a client or court in a reasonable time can have disastrous effects on a lawyer’s business, reputation and career.

I am frequently thanked by clients and other attorneys not only for responding to their communications quickly – but also for initiating updates. It shows respect for them and builds credibility.

As the Perimeter Team Coordinator, I strive to ensure that PowerCore inquiries are responded to, officer concerns are addressed and team member questions acknowledged in a prompt manner. When possible, I bring a proactive approach to the role. I believe this shows respect for the organization and my referral partners and leads to more referrals.

2. Nancy Davis
    February 2, 2018 | 3:22 pm

I don’t know how many times a client has asked me “Are you reading my mind?” I’m very intuitive and often unwittingly say the words they were thinking but hadn’t yet said. That quality helps my clients trust that we’re connected and that I can truly be of service to them. This quality is helpful in the Team Leader position as I might intuit something the team needs without knowing the logical reason for it. It also helps to track the core energy of the team in case a redirection is needed.

3. Michael Matthys
    February 2, 2018 | 3:35 pm

In my business educating my clients on what to expect when we do a pressure washing job is a big deal so we all can be on the same page when it comes to expectations. I make it a point to make sure my clients are glad to have us do the work for them making them feel welcome as part of the experience of doing business with us. Being a Visitor Coordinator is a an opportunity for making sure visitors feel welcome when they visit the team.

4. Dr. Jordan Galanos
    February 2, 2018 | 3:54 pm

When it comes to healthcare a patient wants to be heard and for the doctor to listen to them, because in most cases the past-doctor did not do that. Fully listening to a patients needs is critical for them to heal and for me to delivery the appropriate care their body needs. As a Team Leader, your objective is to create a team that is on the same page with one another. If you never listen to what the members want, than there is no team.

5. Brent Baldock
    February 2, 2018 | 5:09 pm

Great mortgage lenders ask challenging questions and are great listeners. Being a great listener allows me to properly fit the right mortgage into a household’s overall financial situation and goals. Because every borrower brings a unique package of needs, capacities, and preferences to the table. No two borrowers are alike.

The membership coordinator needs to ask those tough questions and listen to the replies to ensure that new members and the team works together as a cohesive unit.

6. Raina Nadler
    February 2, 2018 | 6:12 pm

As an elder law attorney I need to be flexible. Sometimes I need to meet the client at the hospital. Sometimes I need to talk to their children or other loved ones. Sometimes I need to explain the legalize and consequences of the documents in a different way to help them understand what they are signing and why.

The team leadership needs to be flexible to make everyone feel comfortable and engaged. Sometimes it means not asking a person to keep the time or asking a different person to be keeper of the box. Sometimes it means asking for volunteers when a member can’t make it in a crunch or is sick. Sometimes it means adding tables when visitors arrive who were unexpected.

7. Marianne Gudina
    February 3, 2018 | 8:36 am

With a backgroun in consumer economics research my strength is finding information fast. Coworkers knock on my office door and ask if they can “pick my brain” I am a generalist with a broad education as an educator.
    I read and a lot and always keep up with what is happening in my field of financial coaching.
    Tax law has a huge impact and the planning now with the new tax laws will change and my clients will be affected.
    To learn more I attended 2 seminars this week.

with my involvement in different professional groups – visitor coordinator.

8. Shelly Hobbs Valerio
    February 5, 2018 | 9:47 am

When I got into Real Estate, I was told if I just respond in a timely manner, I would do well. It’s amazing how many agents don’t think being responsive is part of providing good service. But once you respond, you must listen. I ask my clients a lot of questions to uncover what they are looking for in an agent and a new home. This makes the process easier for them and also for me. I also can uncover where I need to educate them on the home transaction process.
    Mentor Coordinators are there to help education and facilitate growth. That is a big part of what I do when working with clients that don’t buy home every day.

9. Ryan Tingle
    February 5, 2018 | 10:22 am

I believe one of my great strengths is the patience I extend to every client; really getting to understand their needs, their budget, and their expectations…and then working diligently to meet those three goals. I am never interested in, nor motivated by, the quick sale. I am in the business for the long-haul, and want to forge relationships that endure; you must make that front-end time investment in order to create something that’s built to last.

10. Tom Polk
    February 5, 2018 | 12:44 pm

One of the most valuable aspects of the service I provide is clear communication.
    As a wealth manager, I listen and ask questions so clients can fully articulate what their priorities are and what goals they hope to achieve.
    I also take time to translate technicalities in to plain language to ensure clients understand and are comfortable with their financial plan going forward.
    Many advisors tell clients how they are going to proceed. I strive to work with clients so they can feel comfortable and confident in their plan and we can move forward together.

11. Kimberly Jackson
    February 5, 2018 | 3:34 pm

Customer Service and flexibility are two key components to being a Real Estate closing attorney. I always try to make myself available for my clients. Not only is my paralegal at their service, but they can easily get in touch with me personally. This is a huge bonus for my clients as they do not want to bounce around from department to department trying to get answers.

Real estate closings can shift quickly for a myriad of reasons. Although managing the closing calendar can be hectic & challenging at times, I have to have the ability to be flexible and roll with the changes the best I can so that I do what I can to get the transaction closed.

The Participation Coordinator must have these traits — be available for the Team and also be able to juggle the speaker calendar and handle impromptu changes.

12. Jordan Kragten
    February 5, 2018 | 5:19 pm

Injured clients are often frustrated with how unfairly they have been treated. I advocate for my clients to preserve their rights and ensure they get compensated for their loss.

The membership coordinator must also be an advocate by implementing team and powercore policy for the benefit of each member and the health of the team.

13. Patty Voelz
    February 6, 2018 | 8:03 pm

As a Banker, I feel one of my strengths is my compassion and caring. I personally take each of my customers under my wing and make sure they have a great experience at the Bank. We truly offer that Personal Service. As I say many times, when you come to Fidelity you are not just a number, but you become part of the Fidelity Family!

As the current MentorCoordinator on our Team, I again take the new members under my wing and make sure they become comfortable with PowerCore as quickly as possible. I make sure they feel welcomed and valued as a member of our Team.

I compare myself to Nancy Davis, our current ParticipationCoordinator on the Team. She is also a very caring person both in her job and in all the roles she has held on our Team.

14. Rael Levin
    February 7, 2018 | 5:05 pm

One of the strengths I have in my business is patience and dedication to getting what I do correctly to the best of my ability.
    When doing a Home inspection there are on average more than 300 items to be checked and doing each one carefully and evaluating each item takes the patience and dedication I speak about.
    After almost 4000 inspections there is still something new to be learned. It never gets boring.

15. Maiya Safikovs
    February 7, 2018 | 6:38 pm

Family law litigation can be emotionally taxing. It can also be fast-paced and confusing for persons unfamiliar with court proceedings. My clients appreciate not only legal advice, but also a comforting voice and hand to guide them through the process. Simple gestures, such as explaining courtroom etiquette prior to a hearing/ mediation or simplifying legal jargon proves to be helpful to my clients. This same approach should be applied by the Visitor Coordinator. Like legal proceedings, PowerCore meetings are speedy and can be puzzling for new visitors. A Visitor Coordinator should explain the meeting process in detail to each prospective member. The Visitor Coordinator should also dissect and expound on commonly employed PowerCore terms such as “gateopener” and “Powerperk.” These simple steps can make a world of difference to a visitor.

16. Alan Epstein
    February 9, 2018 | 12:28 pm

One of my greatest strengths is the ability to listen to my clients needs and concerns. I work with them to meet their goals while providing them with good solid advice along the way.