Referral Trigger for the week of April 23
Topic: Element: Behavior | Topic: Green = WHO + HOW
Conversation lead by the Newnan Team

We recognize referrals.
The tool for recognition is a behavior.Word choice is a behavior.
Think of your favorite best client.
Now describe their word choices.

• Do they have a catch phrase – actually, basically, or honestly?
  • Do they use words precisely: discreet means private;
    discrete means separate; is their language succinct or ebullient.

Give us an example of how your best clients use words.

18 Responses to What to SAY to GET Referrals: Element: Behavior | Topic: Green = WHO + HOW -Word Choice
  1. Michael Holle
    April 20, 2018 | 2:06 pm

Good Afternoon. In the SBA Lending world, most of my clients do not realize all the benefits of what can be included in an SBA loan besides just real estate. Once I am able to walk them through the process of what all is needed and the requirements to make a loan eligible for an SBA 7a loan, they then start asking how long until the process is closed. I explain to them that this is all based on my clients getting the list of items needed to move forward so we can move as quickly as possible toward closing. My best clients says thanks for the checklist. I am going to get started collecting these items so we can start focusing on a closing date. Next time you are speaking with that small business owner you know that needs financing, please allow me to speak with them so we can discuss the benefits of an SBA 7a loan.

• Jessie Hayden
      April 20, 2018 | 6:46 pm

Hi Michael,

What’s a SBA loan? I should probably know the answer to this question, but, alas, I do not.

Thanks,

Jessie

• Michael Holle
        April 23, 2018 | 4:37 pm

Jessie, Thank you for your question. An SBA 7a loan is a loan program for small business owners that allows a lender to provide a loan that is backed by the Small Business Administration. Because the Small Business Administration will guarantee up to 75% of the loan in the event of default it allows the lender to take more risk in helping the customer by providing loans that may not be fully collateralized and may have money going to more then just a real estate secured transaction. With an SBA loan we can offer funds to small business owners for business needs such as real estate, equipment, inventory, and working capital so my customers can take care of all their needs in one loan. Give me a call and we can chat in more detail.

2. Julie Bucar
    April 20, 2018 | 3:36 pm

One of my best customers is my son in law!
    Honestly, is his catch phrase.
    His language is ebullient.
    Definitely Lighthearted and Upbeat………

Of all my customers, he has seen the most benefit because he is so disciplined. He takes 4 juice plus capsules of each color every single day. Yes, that’s double the amount. He keeps them on top of his tool box at work…..co workers and visitors notice his changes (less sickness, less inflammation, quick recovery from two carpel tunnel and ulnar nerve surgeries within 4 months of each other. He was back to work within 3 weeks. He’s a mechanic! I have watched him as he has experienced these changes and he is quick to share with others how he fills is body with whole food nutrition every single day and exercises and drinks a lot of water and eats healthier!

He tells people if you want to experience the changes, then you have to make the changes!

3. Jackie Campbell
    April 20, 2018 | 3:58 pm

I love it when my clients tell me that they “usually” have to do everything themselves. They “usually” have to arrange for the termite inspection. The “usually” have to track down the utility information. And “usually” have to call contractors of any and all varieties. This one term…”usually” gives me an opportunity to show where my team and I are different, since we coordinate as much as we possibly can for our clients.

4. Kristin Schriks
    April 20, 2018 | 4:43 pm

I love when my clients say, “you’re so knowledgeable and I trust what you say because you have my health and product performance at the forefront of your business. They don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. They say, “you genuinely care about my family having access to the best and that is why I keep coming back.”

5. Suzanne Hudson
    April 20, 2018 | 5:07 pm

I am going to answer this from the perspective of the business opportunity. The number one hesitation that I hear from ladies who are interested in joining is that they don’t want to sound pushy or “salesy.” The second thing I hear often is that they don’t know enough people to get hostesses. Both are valid hesitations and both can be overcome. I ensure my potential consultants that pushy or “salesy” is NOT in our model and we can work together with numerous resources at our fingertips to help her become more comfortable in realizing that what she has to offer in our products and benefits is an incredible gift that can meet numerous needs. We will also partner together to help her see that she knows more people than she realizes and we can grow her circle from there.

6. Jessie Hayden
    April 20, 2018 | 6:51 pm

The catch phrase that pays, literally and figuratively, from my clients is “…need your help.”

My best clients reach out to me that first time because they have gotten caught in what I like to call the “course creation maze”. They are completely lost, frustrated, and anxious to find a solution. Once my clients realize that I can help them, they’re language and expression does indeed become ebullient.

7. Miles Steele
    April 20, 2018 | 9:43 pm

I love to go over and above for my clients. They are alway so surprised when I take the time to explain not just what the defect is but also what impact this can have. I also try to suggest possible solutions if I am qualified to do so and if not I point to a professional who is. Through most transactions it become very clear that I care. “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care”. I care.

8. Anna Schultz
    April 22, 2018 | 11:33 am

My best clients often use the word “honestly”–“honestly, I haven’t been to the dentist in years,” “honestly, I had a bad experience with a dentist in the past.” This opens the door for me to have a genuine conversation with my patients, because if they’re comfortable sharing that information with me, they’re interested in making a change, or in getting back on track, and this affords me the opportunity to explain to them exactly how we’re going to work together to achieve their oral health goals!

9. Dr. Philip Bruce Crane
    April 22, 2018 | 8:16 pm

Often, the first time I see a patient, I hear words like “Everywhere,” “Last Resort,” and “How did you do that?” Patients have come to me from all over the place. In fact, from at least 28 states and 6 countries. Most of them say the same things like “I’ve been everywhere and nobody can figure out what’s wrong with me.” Or “You’re my last resort.” Then, when I start working on them and correcting things, I hear “How did you do that?” By the time they leave most patients are ebullient and ready to tell their friends “I don’t understand what he does – I just know it works! You’ve got to go see Dr. Crane!”

10. Danny Nungesser
    April 24, 2018 | 8:23 am

K.I.S.S. = Keep it simple…(for the) student. Some of my conversations may fly over the head of clients but my role is to coach and educate them on the how and why at a very BASIC level.

“Basically, I want to set money aside and know its there for me in the future.” Most clients need to know the basics, if you do this, at this rate, for this long, you should have “X” for your goal.

From clients, I hear “you made this seem so simple” or “you must really know your stuff to explain it at my level of understanding”.

11. Juan Roach
    April 25, 2018 | 2:34 pm

Some of my best customers start with the catch phrase “Actually I’m just get prices today”.
    They are using this to build a wall between moving forward that day. It’s very specific and direct. What it can means is that if I don’t have enough information I will not move forward. I always listen to their needs and address all questions which generally ends with a summary of their needs and a great new client.

12. Quentin Kelley
    April 25, 2018 | 9:47 pm

After I give my client their new rate on auto and home insurance they say “Really?” then I have a good idea I’m talking to one of my best clients. People shop and compare rates all the time in my industry. My greatest asset is that I can shop 10 different carriers so many times my rate is less than what the client has been given already. When my client then follows up with “How do I get started”! with excitement and contentment, I know I have one of my best clients!

13. Tammy Lanier
    April 26, 2018 | 6:00 pm

My best clients are business owners who are passionate about their industry and committed to growing their business. My best clients started their business, or love what they do because of the impact they have on their clients. Using words such as authenticity, and “helping others” is common. When they’re ready to be connected with me, usually they’re asking Marketing questions. Asking about social media, showing up to lots of networking groups. They’re talking about “marketing dollars” but they’re not sure where it should be spent, or if they’re getting the most out of it. I’m a great referral for the “busy” entrepreneur. You see them at all the networking events. When you talk to them they’ll tell you they’re “so busy,” but they won’t be talking about new clients or business growth. Ask them if they’ve met me (easy enough). If they haven’t make the connection!

14. Kristen Westbrooks
    April 27, 2018 | 10:53 am

Our best clients are good business conscious, time oriented, and tend to be direct in their communication with our offices. Communication usually consists of “Hey, do you do…”, or “How long would it take to…”, and “Could we make that happen?”. In the business of real estate closings, time is most always of the essence. Rarely a scenario presents in which we hear, “no rush”. In that, our best clients tend to be direct with their requests, allowing us to quickly decipher their needs and provide for them.

15. Lorinda Buckingham
    April 27, 2018 | 5:07 pm

Our best clients are go-getters who are tired of the usual routine and want to change their careers, lives, and business. They are serious about wanting to get the best out of life and want to do the work to see the success that they desire. The next time someone complains about their job or business, ask them if they are ready to reach their potential.

16. MaKinley Cook
    April 27, 2018 | 6:12 pm

My best clients are clients who are referred to me and say this ‘person referred me’. This tells me the borrower is ready to apply and they are excited to find a new home. My best clients also ask ‘how do I fill out an application’. This means they are serious and ready to move forward!