Leverage: Reputation

Referral Trigger for the week of June 25
What to DO to GIVE Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Maintenance | Purpose: Leverage
Conversation lead by the: 78 Corridor ​(100% responses achieved)

and Giving a referral leverages reputation.

Name one past client you would like to work with again.

What did this client pay attention to, that makes them a good fit for you?

16 Responses to Leverage: Reputation
  1. Jeff Bird
    June 22, 2018 | 9:37 am

My best clients who stick in my mind to refer to others are those who are organized and detailed in their own thought process. Therefore they ask good questions, include other family members, and follow thru with my counsel.

2. Prentice Walker
    June 22, 2018 | 5:09 pm

I got a referral for a new beauty shop. I was able to go over the coverage, what the build out would be, the other services the owner would be including, and what she wanted the policy to do for her. She literally listened to me and asked a few questions that she had concerns over. She paid attention to my advise and did not question the pricing. I was able to write it on a business owners policy and it was $50.00 per month for everything. She is the ideal client for any professional. I think we all agree working with someone who values your opinion regarding their needs and questions it but does not second guess it and go to far against your recommendations. She is still a joy to work with to this day.

3. Rosy
    June 22, 2018 | 9:12 pm

The Wilsons were remodeling their house and updating their yard and patio with lots of colorful flowers. They had a budget, they were excited about getting a Smartdraw Design, and they let me choose their plants and pots. They responded within ten minutes to my written email proposal and mailed their deposit the same day. They were pleased with my work and asked for additional yard services from my Handy Man Partner, Robert. The Wilsons listened to our advice and followed our written maintenance plan. They followed the recommended watering schedule and are so delighted with their new landscape that they want to add two additional container gardens at their driveway entrance. I look forward to working with them again.

4. Elbonie Hornbuckle
    June 24, 2018 | 5:21 pm

As a chiropractor I see many different types of patients from all walks of life, but in general they are familiar with chiropractic or they are not. The client I would like to work with again and have more of her is Mrs Reed. Mrs. Reed is health conscious and she attempts to make informed decisions for and about her families health. She was having neck and shoulder pain for about a month and she had tried several other natural remedies that only took the edge of but did not go away. She did the research prior to coming to determine what her options may be through chiropractic and after coming in she did the research to determine if what I taught her about her spinal health was valid. Sometimes the patients can know too much, but the more they know about chiropractic the more I can teach them and the better they will respond and refer others. Not only do I see her but she brought her husband, then she brought their three teenage sons. And as it turns out Mre. Reed is one of my Best Clients…..

5. Scott Bellamy
    June 24, 2018 | 9:43 pm

Some gate-opener(s) for me is a personal trainer or holistic doctor that can use my products with their clients in order to keep their wellness long after they leave the gym or office !

Scott

6. Lonnie Anderson
    June 25, 2018 | 8:43 am

As a Realtor, I work with clients and contracts. The documents are normally more than 20 pages and have timelines and numerous deadlines. My best client(s) respond promptly within those timelines. I have and have had several “best” clients who understand that time is of the essence in a contract. To name one is a Mr. Baig, who, when I call him to remind him of an upcoming deadline, he usually responds with “I have that or I have taken care of that, and you will have confirmation in your email within 5 minutes.” He is continually prompt and meets deadlines.

7. Shaun St. Hill
    June 25, 2018 | 11:36 am

One of the clients I would like to work with again is a local automobile dealer. The thing that they noticed was my attention to detail and follow through. Navigating the waters of phone and internet providers can be tricky; thankfully I know how to avoid the pitfalls!

8. Diana Crawford
    June 26, 2018 | 2:12 pm

I work repetitively with my clients, my best clients I interact with on a regular basis. Take Mark for example, we strategized on his goals, business growth, expenses and maximizing his contributions towards retirement. He has a goal and sees with each month end statement, the progress towards his goals. I strive to be a financial coach for my clients and the clients that really take that to heart, get my advice, act on it and are better for it are my success stories. I prepare taxes and perform bookkeeping, both of which give me opportunities to provide insight and help my clients transform their goals in to actions and results.

Diana Crawford, CPA

9. Geoffrey Horney
    June 26, 2018 | 2:31 pm

I work with many people from many walks, and many stages, of life. One client who stands out to me is Mary Jones. We did some repairs around her home. She is a retiree and has the time to make her decisions, do her homework, and follow through.

She had a water leak (movers forgot to check the utility connection when they removed the washing machine) that caused some damage on two floors of her home. She was ecstatic that we showed up, gave her a quote (which happened to be right in line with the insurance settlement), and gave her a date we could start. While to many it may have just been an insurance repair to make the house ready for market, she was attentive to the details and knew what she wanted. That makes my job so much easier. I look forward to working for her again in the future.

Geoffrey Horney
    Geoffrey’s Home Solutions

10. bill fields
    June 26, 2018 | 3:21 pm

I like a client that does research and comes to our appointment with ideas of how to “help themselves.” Better than that, I like a client that has ideas and allows them to be building blocks rather than stone steps. Martha had a car wreck, was injured, and had an idea (supported by research and her own care providers) of how to both get well and bolster her damages claim. She was anxious to return to normal but also understood the ‘long game’ and was a willing collaborator in her care plan which made her a wonderful client and a jury sweetheart.

11. Carrie Leary
    June 26, 2018 | 4:19 pm

I deal with all different types of clients. One of my favorite clients is Ron. Ron is on the board at his golf community. He was turning 65 and got the loads and loads of solicitations from numerous insurance companies about his Medicare options. Ron, like many others, did not want to read through the “loads” of material. He wanted someone who he could trust that was knowledgeable about all the medicare products that were available to him. He wanted someone who could educate him through the process so he could make a informed decision. After meeting with me he felt very comfortable and was able to pick the product that he thought was best for him. Today Ron still refers me to all his buddies that he plays golf with on the golf course. He is one of my best clients!

12. Junior Lawrence
    June 26, 2018 | 6:58 pm

My best referral client is someone I signed up for security three years ago who immediately referred her best friend and neighbor and have since sent me people she knows that have an alarm system and is thinking about switching service. The client that I would like to work with is the one that will either call me with a new prospect’s information or provide that prospect with my information.

13. Jamecia Bowers
    June 27, 2018 | 3:20 pm

One of my favorite clients was a cosmetologist that came in because her skin’s texture was rougher than normal. She had a goal in mind and was willing to invest the time and effort into the restoration process. She was open to my recommendations not only for the series of microdermabrasions she received but also home care products and steps to more healthy skin. After her series of treatments her skin was back to being smooth and clear. Being a cosmetologist she was already knowledgeable but open receiving additional information as well as following through with the treatment.

14. Douglas Durham
    June 27, 2018 | 8:50 pm

Phyllis came looking for new vehicle that would facilitate her husbands progressive degenerative back injury. The perfect find, that took over 14 months, resulted in an ongoing friendship and multiple referral opportunities before her purchase was completed. Phyllis trusted the process and me to research the market for a vehicle that would fit her family needs. Most transactions wrap up inside of 4 weeks, this particular activity brought more than money, it cemented my reason for being in this business, helping others.

15. John Conley
    June 28, 2018 | 5:11 am

“And Action” is a local tv/movie production company. We were able to help them on a weekend several years ago by producing vinyl graphics and signs needed ASAP. That one instance led to a multi-year relationship.

It’s over. Our contact has moved on. Business with the movie industry is finicky – here today and truly gone tomorrow. The personnel change as often as the tides. The contacts we have today do not work there tomorrow.

They liked that we could furnish what they needed quickly while we enjoyed a steady customer. Some of the projects are Close To Home; The Have And Have Nots; If Loving You Is Wrong. The signs we made are all over the place.

• Wendy Kinney
      June 29, 2018 | 12:12 pm

John – “It’s over. Our contact has moved on.” is a great reminder that new business can come from everywhere.

Sometimes Members say “I will never have a referral for you because I already have a contact in your area.” Yeah, well, in your words “here today and gone tomorrow.”

ASAP happens, and good things can come from that!