Leverage: Value

Referral Trigger for the week of June 18
What to DO to GIVE Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Maintenance | Purpose: Leverage ​
Conversation lead by the: 30305-Buckhead Team

and Giving a referral leverages value.

Tell about a client you have made a referral connection for more than once.

Share two things: what they say when they ask if you know someone, and what they talk about after they’ve done business.

12 Responses to Leverage: Value
  1. Clay Jeffreys
    June 15, 2018 | 9:28 am

As part of my normal business practice, I work to ensure my clients know to use me as a resource for when they need referrals. This helps keep me in their minds too. I have several clients who’ve asked for multiple referrals over the years because they know of my connections. I almost always hear back from them and learn the referral/experience went well. Why does it go well? Because of the quality of people I know in PowerCore. I know I can refer clients with confidence, and it also boosts my credibility.

2. Rosy Douglas
    June 16, 2018 | 1:10 pm

I maintain business cards in my portfolio for the resources requested most frequently by my clients. Clients ask for a reliable referral who will provide quality service in a timely manner. After making a referral, I make contact with the client to find out if they were happy with the experience. Clients tell me how they rate a referral and whether I should continue to introduce him/her to additional clients. The number of clients who seek my help as a resource continues to grow because of this referral process.

3. Tim Cowan
    June 19, 2018 | 9:53 am

My PowerCore team has been very good to my clients. I keep my team roster (full of cards) with me on every appointment and will pass as many referrals as it takes to get the job done. There have been many times that I will refer Ned with SmartBox to help declutter the house, Brandon with B-Floored to replace the carpet, Shawn with Total Home Repair to fix all the little issues, Adam with Escex to inspect the roof and Raymond (wash yo hands) with First Image to do the move out clean. The client is so relieved to not have to go find all these contractors without knowing them. I willing to put my reputation on the line with my clients because I know my PowerCore will always live up to my standards.

4. Darrell Rodgers
    June 19, 2018 | 10:41 am

I’ve made many connections for Simon Bailey at Portman over the years. Simon is direct and always just asks me if I know someone in the industry or currently use someone I’d recommend.

Simon does me the honor of letting me know how the exchange went with anyone I recommend or refer him to.

That way I know how the person is doing outside of my interactions with them and what his experience was like.

5. Derek Duvoisin
    June 19, 2018 | 1:13 pm

Many of my clients are one-time transactions moving out of state but they all have similar needs. For PowerCore I especially try and stay in close contact with customer who move locally. This is best exhibited by my client John. He use the residential realtor, the mortgage lender, the closing attorney, and the contractor on our team following his move and had a great experience with all. He now calls me for any service he can think of and I still refer him services. We all need more clients like John!

6. Phil Minnes
    June 19, 2018 | 1:17 pm

As a Property & Casualty Agent I often receive families who are already with American Family Insurance and are moving to Atlanta from another state. These families trust me because of my affiliation with AMFAM and they have asked me for every type of service including CPA, Financial Advisor, Landscapers & Plumbers. I’m always sure to seek feedback after I make a referral so I can hear what a great job my contact did for the family moving to Atlanta.

7. Paul Sather
    June 19, 2018 | 3:37 pm

I installed a radon mitigation system for David and Mary a while back. We were the first contractors to help them in their new home.

Shortly after several issues were discovered in the house. The other contractors did some poor work and they didn’t know what to do. So the called me for referrals to fix the various issues. I went over the next day and was able to hook the up with a roofer, a flooring contractor and a handy-man.

Now they call at least every six months for help with some home repair/maintenance issue.

8. Dana Kind
    June 19, 2018 | 5:51 pm

I had a client that was moving and needed assistance doing a split move since his family was going out of state three months before he was moving. Derek Duvoisin was very helpful and handled all the moving and storage needs. The client came back for treatment just before finally moving and told me how happy his experience with Derek was in helping his moving needs. It was great to be able to help clients and have no worries about who I am recommending for what ever issue they have. That is the benefit of Powercore.

9. Victor Nassar
    June 20, 2018 | 9:51 am

Last year I was referred a client for a mortgage. When evaluating their income on the tax return, I noticed some major issues and spoke to the client to clarify and discuss my concerns. After realizing the previous tax preparer had taken liberties, I referred him to the CPA on our team to rectify the situation. The client was very grateful and referred me two other clients who needed mortgages and had used the same tax preparer he originally did. Guess what, the same issued existed on those tax returns. I have had referrals that are three deep from that client.

10. Mike Roth
    June 20, 2018 | 2:12 pm

I often have clients who will call asking if I handle different types of legal issues that are out of my expertise. If it is something that my firm and I do not handle, I provide them with contact information to another attorney who does handle it and that I trust to get the job done. The clients are often appreciative that if I cannot help them with a particular problem that I am able to point them in the right direction. They return that appreciation by continuing to call me when they have a legal issue arise and by referring their friends and family to me to help with their legal issues.

11. Meredith Ochoa
    June 20, 2018 | 6:36 pm

After a photoshoot, or creating art for clients, many ask if I shoot weddings. While I do create portraits and art pieces about relationships that compliment a wedding, wedding photography isn’t something I offer. I then provide them with contact information to some of my most trusted photographers, all of whom I have worked with. They all have hit it out of the park, and while I have helped another photographer, I have also helped my client, and helped myself. My clients keep doing business with me because they know that no matter what they will get the best possible photography and service, even if it is a referral. And my photo friends, well they in return refer me to their clients that want something more creative. These referrals end up benefiting everyone.

12. Terry Furuta
    June 22, 2018 | 12:09 pm

My client moved here last year to get married. She hired me to design and install plants and flower arrangements for her home. She asked if I knew an event planner for her wedding and I referred her to Shanta Tisdell. She was so impressed with Shanta that now she calls me whenever she needs someone. She realized that I know credible people. I have referred her to a photographer, printer and lawyers and she is always happy with their service and she calls to let me know.