Fit: Attention

Referral Trigger for the week of July 30
What to DO to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Tape Measure | Purpose: Fit ​
Conversation lead by the: Candler Park Team (100% responses achieved)

and Attention measures fit.

Name one past client you would like to work with again.

What did this client pay attention to, that makes them a good fit for you?

Share a story showing how you were able to do good work for them because of what they give attention to.

22 Responses to Fit: Attention
  1. Cayce Callaway
    July 27, 2018 | 9:20 am

I really enjoy my clients Bill and Jennifer because they know exactly what they like. They recently told me, “We want a hotel in NYC like the one you booked for us in Amsterdam.” I know that means modern, really interesting design that incorporates the building and doesn’t just reside in it and a relaxed atmosphere – nothing stuffy and nothing too trendy. It’s like working a puzzle to figure out exactly what will work and that’s a lot of fun for me. They’re also super responsive, a plus as a travel agent, because time is often the difference between getting what you want for the right price and either not getting what you want or having to pay more for it.

2. Allyson McCarthy
    July 27, 2018 | 9:48 am

Kristin Jordan has been a absolute delight to work with her on the new ground up Fair Trade store with living attached. While Kristin is extremely well read researching products, design styles and construction methods on her own, she is still open minded about exploring the best options for her project and values my recommendations and experience as an architect. We communicate well together with mutual respect of ideas and have established a clear time table for meeting deadlines including making timely decisions. As we were wrapping up the design portion of the project, I mentioned we needed to go through the exercise of identifying plumbing, lighting and finishes to communicate to the engineer consultants and literally two days later, I had a spreadsheet of products (or similar) for each room right down to door hardware. Making timely decisions and being organized will make the process go smoothly whether the Client wants to select those products solo or include that portion in my scope of work. I am enjoying this project and working with Kristin immensely and hope to work with her again.

3. Samuel Lysinger
    July 27, 2018 | 5:01 pm

The clients that are the best fit for me are the ones that follow instructions. Often, I sit down with my client, Joyce, and teach her how to do something she wants to be able to do with a computer or avoid something undesirable. She always has a pen and notebook and we will create instructions together. We then make a practice run to test said instructions for accuracy. Clients like Joyce, do not ask the same question ever again because they paid attention the first time.

4. Joyce Gist Lewis
    July 28, 2018 | 7:16 am

A confidential client who was in-house counsel first contacted me to assist his company in defending a high-exposure employment discrimination claim. The client specifically retained me because he expected that the case would have to go to trial if we did not obtain summary judgment, and he wanted experienced trial counsel from the outset. His attention to the potential outcomes for the case, as well as his attention to my trial resume, led him to select me. Because of my work, my client was eventually awarded summary judgment in the case, and the client has retained me for multiple matters since then.

5. Jeff Goddard
    July 28, 2018 | 2:08 pm

As a mortgage lender, my clients include both borrowers and real estate agents since they are both receiving service from my team even if the only one getting a mortgage is the borrower.

Recently one of my Realtor partners called me before writing an offer. It was a multiple offer situation and she needed to submit the strongest possible offer with the shortest contingencies and the soonest closing date. We talked about the details of the borrower’s file and exactly what we would need to get moving fast. I was able to communicate to my team the exact nature of what the agent was submitting so we could be all hands on deck to move this file and get it closed in two weeks.

Without the agent calling and paying attention to communication and planning with my team about the timeline, she would have either submitted a weaker offer to hedge her bets or she would have surprised me with a super challenging timeline.Instead she paid attention to how we can work together and meet extremely short deadlines. This kept everyone happy and it was a great closing.

6. Wendy Pruitt
    July 29, 2018 | 2:05 pm

I really enjoyed working with Melissa. She paid attention to the consistency in her message and offered fantastic feedback to strengthen her brand.

When providing information during my “discovery” phase, she communicated her style clearly and showed me great examples that reflected that goal. During the logo presentation of my initial concepts, she was honest, thoughtful but also decisive. She also trusted me to explore additional options (even if ultimately they didn’t make the cut.)

The result was a stellar brand that is flexible enough to grow with her, and she is thrilled that the look and feel truly matched her vision.

We’ve continued to work together as she develops her marketing materials and it is always a pleasure.

7. Michelle Mechem
    July 29, 2018 | 2:31 pm

As a Realtor, clients I would love to work with again are Jennifer and Bill. They contacted me a few months prior to wanting to list their home to see what needed to be done to get top dollar. They took all of my advice. They did a pre-inspection and repaired all of the health and safety issues. They consulted with our professional Stager to both pick appropriate room colors and stage the home with their furnishings. Everything else was packed and put in storage for the move. They even decided to stay with a friend when the home first hit the market, so it was easy to show and they did not disturb their animals. The home went under contract above list price in less than 24 hours with multiple offers.

On the purchase side, they visited open houses to narrow down the neighborhoods for their search. I only had to show them a hand-full of homes. They were very decisive. They were savvy, yet very reasonable with their offer and negotiations of repairs. A complete joy to work with!

I just went to their house-warming, which was also a graduation party for their twins. I wish I could clone them, because they listened and were willing to take my advice to get the most on both their sale and their purchase.

8. Joan Sinrich
    July 29, 2018 | 3:39 pm

A new client named Erin came to me upon the recommendation of her physical therapist who thought it would help get things done. Erin normally likes the kind of work that hurts. I tell people that most clients want and enjoy deep massage work but that it doesn’t have to hurt in order to be effective. That is the kind of lesson that people have to experience in order to “get”. Given that Erin hadn’t received a massage in three years, I didn’t think she was necessarily going to book again in the immediate future. But she listened. She listened to her physical therapist first and then to me. Clients that are willing to give stress reduction and relaxation massage a chance to aid in pain management is my kind of client. http://www.intownmassage.com/

9. Katie Vilichay
    July 29, 2018 | 9:20 pm

My ideal clients are the ones who follow suggestions and will provide me with all of the information I ask for and need, within a reasonable period of time. My clients J and V have been wonderful to work with, in that they have done all of this and more. From the beginning, they’ve been great about communicating what they’d like their messaging and branding to be, as well as their occasional preferences on how they want their ads/website to look and feel. They often ask for my team’s opinion on marketing/advertising ideas, as well as come to me when they have a question about their other marketing efforts or their marketing with us. They have followed every suggestion or instruction we’ve given them, as best as they could, and it’s made a huge difference in both their results/bottom dollar, and the ease of which it is to work with them. We’ve rarely had to “chase them down” for anything, and they’re respectful about our time. While our analytics for their website and social pages speak for themselves, they’re very good about keeping track of where new business inquiries–not just actual customers/clients–is coming from, and they take responsibility for fully converting their own new leads, from the time they’ve been contacted for the first time. They’ve been vocal about their appreciation of us, treat us with respect, and never assume that any “extra work” that falls outside their usual scope of work, is free–which honestly makes us more willing to give them a deal, every now and then. My team enjoys working with them and their business, and we value them very much.

10. Aaron Thomas
    July 30, 2018 | 1:15 pm

D is a client of mine who went through a divorce while having a very young child. Throughout the litigation, he kept his focus on making sure that the child’s best interests were kept at the forefront of all our decisions, rather than punishing the other parent. D reaches out to me to get my advice before taking any rash actions, and we work out the best approach as a team. D is great at paying attention to sharing all relevant information with me, positive and negative, and being completely honest and up front so that we can calculate our strategy carefully and were never caught off guard. My firm loves working with reasonable, good-hearted individuals who are focused on living their best life from this day forward.

11. Howard Silvermintz
    July 30, 2018 | 3:51 pm

M and his son are my ideal clients. They are both business owners with successful businesses. They heard and understood everything I had to say. I asked them a lot of questions and their answers told me they were listening and understanding. This is not easy when you are talking about permanent life insurance. They especially keyed in on the creditor proof aspect of the product and the uninterupted compounding. They each bought policies. They were both positive, honest, and upfront from the beginning. They both love their families and are interested in alternative solutions for their cash, until the next investment opportunity comes along.

12. Pam Garrett
    July 31, 2018 | 1:32 pm

I loved working with Corey and was very sad when the management at his company decided to longer continue the service. They received tons of calls everyday and we were able to capture each one of them. Corey was so appreciative of being able to stay in touch with his customers even when he was out in the field working. He truly so the value in the service and sang our praises all the time. It would be great if those management folks would “see the light” and make Corey happy again!

13. Nermin Jasani
    July 31, 2018 | 7:42 pm

Joe is an owner of a manufacturing shop (they make signs).

Joe and I started working together and one of the first things I did was a full cost analysis and cash flow analysis.

During my cost analysis, I learned that Joe and his company were not including the full cost of manufacturing goods when quoting projects to clients, which includes labor and rent, etc.

I told Joe what his bottom line cost needed to be, and the minimum amount he can charge with a healthy room for profit.

He said “I understand.”

But he showed me he understood when the next time he quoted a client on a project he asked me “what should I charge?”

Joe was paying attention. And he understood how important it is for him to have a healthy profit margin (instead of just being the cheapest sign guy on the block).

14. Cristyl Kimbrough
    July 31, 2018 | 8:02 pm

A client I loved working with was knowledgeable on the closing process which made the overall closing pretty seamless. She had a genuine desire to understand the legal aspect of the closing to ensure she can adequately explain nonlegal matters with her client in the event she preferred speaking with her instead of the closing firm. She had adequate staff to support her work load which made her a pleasure to work with because she was less stressed. Our firm enjoys working with real estate agents who love what they do and put the work in to perfect their craft.

15. James Paisley
    July 31, 2018 | 8:03 pm

Being a personal injury attorney I never want to work with anyone that’s been hurt AGAIN… but my favorite client characteristics are also what they expect in me: diligence and responsiveness. The more we work together, the better I can represent them and achieve the result they need.

16. Abigail Unger
    August 1, 2018 | 9:16 am

Heather is a renowned nterventioniist and recently starred in the television program, ‘Intervention’. When she has important media events she requests me for hair and make up because she is confident in my ability to leave her looking the best version of herself. She can focus on her preparation down to the last minute. Heather lives far from Atlanta and often needs to be ready very early in am. She knows I’ll be there on time prepared, caffeinated and in a great mood. We have fun. Heather respects my time, experience and understands the value of having a hairstylist/makeup artist she can trust for such important events, where she knows she will look her best.

17. Shaina Gordon
    August 1, 2018 | 9:48 am

A great client for me paid attention to my skill set. They know my niche is dialectical behavioral therapy and they knew I could provide this specific effective therapy. They came into therapy with appropriate expectations and after 1 year of working together, my client was able to regulate her emotions more effectively and partake in healthier, productive relationships.

18. Tamiko Corbin
    August 1, 2018 | 8:32 pm

As a home security consultant,I love working with homeowners who ask me to, protect my home as if it was yours. They never complain about my suggestions even if its not what they were tending to purchase. In the end they always call me back and thank me for protecting their family.

19. Tammy Lucas
    August 2, 2018 | 1:24 pm

Jim was a previous client that I looked forward to our meetings with one another. Jim was a type A driver personality but over time he respected my advice. Jim would listen, ask questions and validate that our service would produce an ROI. After several rounds of this behavior Jim learned to trust my recommendations when I answered one question, Why? After explaining the benefits and causal relationship Jim almost always agreed with my recommendation.

20. Eve Lemon
    August 2, 2018 | 2:02 pm

My client Amy realized how much time she was spending trying unsuccessfully to manage her cash flow. I had mentioned to her earlier that I could help her design a cash flow model and manage it for her. She is a great fit for me because she took me up on my offer and is now free to go make money.

21. Janine Walker
    August 2, 2018 | 2:45 pm

I enjoy working with Carla. In 2016, she purchased a brand new constructed home. She and I are very similar in that we want things done right. I always prefere to see brand new contructed homes to make sure materials and sq. Ft are computed correctly for the policy. Majority of the time the information on the sites are not always exact. I discovered some areas that needed to be corrected before closing (i.e. roof shingles raised). She appreciated the time I took to make sure not only her policy was aqcurate but also her home was in good order. We not only talked several times about her new home, I referred her people, and she even in invited me to her home for lunch. I enjoy working with customers like Carla.

22. Meredith Sims
    August 3, 2018 | 1:07 pm

As a Financial Advisor my relationships tend to be long term, however sometimes a financial planning client just wants to obtain clarity around financial decisions. Susan was like that. With investments spanning two countries, she needed help understanding what her financial position was so that she could make an informed choice about whether to sell property in one country and buy in another. Susan also needed to know that her retirement planning was on track as she would be winding down her consultancy work to spend more time with her grandchildren. What I appreciated about Susan was how easy she was to work with – super timely and diligent about providing the source information so I could pull the numbers together in a way that she could easily review and understand. She also worked well with the process – as new ideas were revealed by understanding her actual financial situation, she was always quick to provide the specific information required, which allowed me to quickly assess and integrate that new information into her plan.