Fit: Time

Referral Trigger for the week of July 16
What to DO to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Tape Measure | Purpose: Fit ​
Conversation lead by the: Brookhaven Team

and Time is a measure of fit.

Share the story of your best client — the client who is the most profitable and the most fun – from the perspective of time.

Tell us how much time you spent with this client originally, and how much time you spend with them now. Tell us, from the perspective of time, what makes them a best client.

16 Responses to Fit: Time
  1. Mark biller
    July 13, 2018 | 9:04 am

I pass out business cards no matter where I’m at
    Resturant Gas station etc
    Always have my Ackerman credentials handy in my car should I need them

2. Jessie Hayden
    July 13, 2018 | 10:29 am

My best client came to me as a referral from a fellow PowerCore member on another team. The client and I corresponded over email, and decided to meet for lunch. The lunch meeting took about an hour, and by the end of the lunch, the client had hired me to help her create a design framework for an online course.

We spend four hours working co-creatively to create the design framework for her course. We’ll soon be moving into the coaching phase of the course design process, so we’ll be spending two hours a month together in coaching sessions, as I help her flesh out her course.

3. Raquel Crump
    July 13, 2018 | 1:08 pm

One of my best clients is a telecommunications company. Originally, I would spend at least an hour discussing the first initial projects with the client. The hour was spent learning about the client, its employees, company culture, and employment law needs. Now that the relationship has developed, I only receive emails like: “Need assistance on the below. Send a new engagement letter; need this in 3 weeks.” This is great. I know the client’s expectations and do not need to spend an hour or more learning about their company and their needs. I get right to work! This client is one of my favorites because they are so confident in my work product that they simply ask and know I will deliver!

4. Michael A Giglio
    July 13, 2018 | 1:14 pm

When it comes to offering alternatives to an ACA major medical plan, the best clients are those that have done some preliminary research and have an idea of what they need and what is available outside of the federal market place. These clients are sufficiently informed on the basics so the first conversation takes about an hour, and includes either a face to face meeting or a screen share to go over options and deliver informational brochures, disclosures, etc. It usually takes one more conversation before the individual or family are comfortable with what they want and complete an app. Education is key because non-ACA plans are very different from the policies most folks are familiar with.

5. Melanie Mayer
    July 13, 2018 | 1:18 pm

I love spending time with my best realtor. She is super fun to be with! Regarding our closings together, we text questions and email documents. Texts are our most efficient use of our time. We text about business on nights and weekends also.

6. Julia Brantley
    July 13, 2018 | 4:50 pm

As a Realtor, my best clients come to me as referrals from friends, family, networking etc. The best clients for me are those that need to sell a home and buy another. I spend a lot of time with these clients throughout the entire process, from meeting about how to prep their home for the market, educating them as to what the best prep would be from maintenance, to updates and decluttering and how that correlates with fair market value and then on to discussing what their next dream home consists of and what’s realistic. Once we get homes under contract, we spend more time on the phone/text and via email correspondence. During the initial prep and home search phase, we get to know a lot about one another and it creates a strong bond between us. They become friends (almost family!) of mine and I of them and even after our deals together are done we get together every so often to catch up. I also keep up with them utilizing my FMLS listing system to keep them abreast of the market activity in their neighborhood/area and this helps solidify me not only as a friend but their Realtor for life!

7. Ryan Holland
    July 13, 2018 | 8:40 pm

Here is a story of one of my best clients. I was personally introduced by one of his friends and teammates in college. He is a young, intelligent, and successful IT solutions consultant who was crushing it in his role. We spent 3-4 hrs together over 5 months and ultimately made the decision to move forward with my recommendations to protect his new family and begin a few strategies that would help reach their long term financial goals. I enjoyed working with this client due to his openness to listen, learn, and take action on the recommendations I suggested. The experience was both exciting because I felt the advice and education I was providing was being heard and was a match to the goals the shared with me.

8. Shaun St. Hill
    July 16, 2018 | 12:06 pm

My best client is a former PowerCore member that installs security systems. He has passed me several leads (profitable). I get the internet service installed so he can come behind and install his cameras. We both root for the same college football team (fun) and have met up a couple times to watch our team compete.

9. James Farren
    July 16, 2018 | 3:38 pm

My best client has been sending referrals to The Farren Group for the past 6 years. When we first met we spent an hour getting to know each other so that I could find the perfect home for them, we then went forward with spending the next month finding them the perfect home. The client knows that I was not in a rush to get them into ANY home, I spent the time to get them into the PERFECT home! Since then we have spent many times just getting together as friends. This client still sends around 5 referrals to me every year and we get together around once per month.

10. mark i biller
    July 16, 2018 | 4:21 pm

my best client is the owner of several rental properties…He also is a member of a group of people who buy and sell homes for rental purposes he has given me several leads.

11. Greg McCahan
    July 16, 2018 | 4:50 pm

One of my best clients started with a 15 minute conversation over coffee. We don’t meet often, but have developed a great working relationship with short meetings.

12. Jessica Matthews
    July 16, 2018 | 9:09 pm

Our best client transitions from heavy time investment upfront to frequent but brief connections ongoing. Our initial proposal process for a large build out, which includes a public marketing website + an internal website application, might require up to 20 hours of meetings, phone calls, documentation, and scope agreements. Once the project plan is established, the kick-off design conferences usually take about 2-3 hours of time. Then, we stay in touch weekly via email + monthly via phone. The clients that make us smile the most enjoy sending and receiving handwritten notecards, floral arrangements, movie tickets, and more 🙂

13. Ryan Williams
    July 17, 2018 | 5:54 am

One of our clients is a medical device company for which we build a data analytics system. Initially, we spent a great deal of time helping to clean their legacy data, learning what they were trying to achieve and translating that into a proper cloud system design.

We put in place a secure, HIPAA-compliant system to validate the data on entry and make the whole process more efficient. We’ve learned a lot about their specific field over time and now comfortably communicate in medical terms. They have a high level of comfort with my team and often look to us to show them new opportunities for expanding their system.

Since we are in charge of the complete system, they are able to communicate their needs and leave us to the work without a lot of meetings to work out specifications. That allows my team to be very productive and quickly produce results they can use to initiate studies, train surgeons and analyze surgical results.

14. Peg Griffith
    July 17, 2018 | 9:56 am

My best client is a man who has come in nearly every week for almost a year. He is the best client for multiple reasons. His is on-going business ($). He is also always respectful of my time (arriving and leaving on time and giving me ample notice in case he has to cancel, or paying if he gives me less than 24 hours notice). I enjoy working with him because he is “digging deep” to figure out what is going on with himself. He challenges me in a good way: I have to work to keep up with him intellectually (or just ask him to teach me about a topic!) Finally,because, to be honest, I really dreaded working with him due his temper. That is now under control and I look forward to seeing him.

15. Linda Loud
    July 17, 2018 | 12:36 pm

My best Mary Kay client is Phyllis K. I first facialed her over 10 years ago, but she had been using Mary Kay products since she was 17. She will be 73 in December but she definitely does NOT look her age! My first appointment with her and her friend Paula lasted about 90 minutes, but now when I go to visit her to deliver reorders and show her what’s new and improved from Mary Kay, I usually allow about an hour. We have to have time to chat and catch up on each other’s lives. She’s a friend… not just a customer who I go up to and say “here’s your stuff, give me some money”! Because Phyllis has been such a loyal Mary Kay client, she is a beautiful walking advertisement for our products and one of the nicest people I know.

16. Brad
    July 20, 2018 | 7:01 am

In the beginning with most of my clients, I spend a lot of time on financial planning. A majority of my clients come through referral. They listen to the options and then I help them implement. It is great as the relationships grow and I get to share with them in the good times and as their wealth grows.