Offer Letter – Clay Jeffereys

I just started a new job, so I can’t buy a home for two years. Good Morning, My name is Clay Jeffreys, I’m a licensed mortgage lender, and that statement may not be true. As a full time, salaried W2 employee, you only need an unconditional offer letter showing your salary and start date. If an offer letter isn’t available, then on the job long enough to get your first pay stub. That is it. A two year work history is required for the job application, but that doesn’t mean you need to be on your current job for two years in order to get a loan. Samantha has started a new job in the new year. She hoped to buy a home last year, but put it off because she was looking for a new job. Now she thinks she must wait two more years to buy a home since she started a new job. Tell the Samantha in your life that may not be the case and she may be able to purchase a home right away. Connect me with Samantha and we’ll get her in that new home faster than she ever expected. My name is Clay Jeffreys and I’m a licensed mortgage lender.

7 Responses to Offer Letter – Clay Jeffereys
  1. Wendy Kinney
    August 16, 2018 | 3:35 pm

Missing:
    1: Green (Who + How) Gold (result they want) and Platinum (a way for me to start) are missing.

Unless… you meant what I put in red to be the Green card – in that case, Red (PAR story) is missing.

And …
    2: story is missing, because story has three parts:
    P Samantha’s problem
    A your action
    R Samantha’s result
    (the result can’t be that she got the loan. Of course she got the loan, or you wouldn’t be telling this story. What is the result of her getting the loan?)

2. Clay Jeffreys
    August 17, 2018 | 3:31 pm

I am still at a loss for the Platinum card. People typically don’t come out and say “I can’t buy a home because…” They instead say “we are renting another year OR we decided to stay in our home for now.” People don’t want to follow up with “why” to those statements as it gets nosy/into details/money. This is where I am constantly at a loss.
    Here is what I intended:
    – Green = who – Tell the Samantha in your life
    – Gold = what they want – she may not need to wait as the person in my example story didn’t have to wait
    – Platinum = way for me to start – I’m at a loss

As far as the story goes on PAR – Samantha started a new job as a W2 salaried employee. She put off buying a home while she was looking for a job, and thinks she can’t buy now because she started a new job. I’ll tell Samantha just because she started a new job doesn’t mean she has to wait longer to buy. I’ll talk with Samantha and get her into her new home faster than she ever expected.

Of course the problem here, while specific to me being able to help in a new job as W2 salaried… again, most people don’t volunteer if they are W2, 1099, salary or hourly.

Trying…. thanks for your advice.

3. Jason Conn
    November 7, 2018 | 10:12 am

Possible Green/Golden/Platinum option:
    Today I’m looking for an introduction to your friend Mike, the IT professional who recently took an in-house job with Coca Cola. He had put off buying a home while he was self-employed because he wrote off most of his income and couldn’t qualify for a mortgage. Ask him if he knows a lender who can use that steady paycheck to help him get a good night’s sleep.

4. Chris Coulter
    November 7, 2018 | 11:00 pm

I thought personal part or purple was missing. why you are unique. I guess I want more info about Samantha and where I might find her. maybe she is a recent college grad of your friends. our friends kids are coming out of college righjt now. or maybe she just got her nursing degree and is starting fresh

5. Rodney Shaffer
    November 12, 2018 | 12:48 pm

How about this for a PAR red card story…about 14 seconds long:

“Samantha started her job 10 months ago. She put off buying a home last year while she was looking for a new job. When we first talked, she thought she would have to wait two more years to buy. By knowing the right questions to ask, I quickly qualified her for a home purchase. Two months later, she moved into her dream home that cut her commute in half.”

6. Rodney Shaffer
    November 12, 2018 | 1:01 pm

Wendy suggested a “result” other than getting the loan. So I mentioned cutting Sam’s commute in half. How about this for the green, yellow and platinum cards to go with the earlier red card….

“I’m a great referral for your new coworker Francis. She rants about commute delays at least twice a week. She wants to spend more time with her children each evening. Ask her what children’s book she wants to read with her girls. Then introduce her to me, I’m Clay Jeffreys, licensed mortgage lender.”

7. Vance Blew
    November 13, 2018 | 4:53 pm

Purple card suggestion: I’ve worked both as a W-2 employee and as purely commissioned employee so I understand having a track record of income changes.