Accuracy: Basic Measurement

Referral Trigger for the week of October 1
What to DO to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Speed Square | Purpose: Accuracy
Conversation lead by the: Fayette Team (100% responses achieved)

and A speed square is tool builders use to take basic measurements.

What is a basic measurement you take to let you know whether you can confidently refer a client to a Team Member?

Don’t repeat an answer.

22 Responses to Accuracy: Basic Measurement
  1. Clay Jeffreys
    September 28, 2018 | 8:51 am

I’ll answer on both sides of the referral. For the team member, I watch to see how they are during the meeting. Is the member prepared? Does the member show up early to the PowerCore meeting? Are they dressed appropriately for their profession? I also take time to have coffee/lunch with the team member to get to know them better so I can refer them with confidence. In regards to the client, I try and ask some basic questions to get an idea if this may be a good referral for the team member. If I know it is, I make the referral right away. If it may not be a good fit, I still make the referral. I’d rather make the referral and be wrong than not make the referral at all. I follow up the referral by talking with the team member to see if that is a good referral for them. That way I can refer better in the future.

2. Jeannette Berthold
    September 29, 2018 | 12:35 pm

As a fundamental basic, I can confidently refer a Powercore member when I have used their services and can vouch for quality.

3. Douglas Waterman
    October 1, 2018 | 9:19 pm

Great question: the basic “Speed Square” measurement for me is performance. Do they deliver on their promise?

As Jeanette noted, my experience with them will certainly be a good barometer for referral purposes.

Most are not enriched by personal experience, however, which is why I follow up on both sides of my referrals, too, to make sure that I am delivering on my connections!

Doug Waterman
    watermanquality.com
    770.590.5293

4. Dr. Philip Crane
    October 2, 2018 | 7:35 am

A speed square doesn’t only take basic measurements, but it also takes quick measurements. First impressions are everything and like a speed square, they’re made fast and typically on basic qualities. A good first impression is one of the measurements I take that allows me to confidently refer a patient to a team member.

5. Miranda Henry
    October 2, 2018 | 8:40 am

Having the opportunity to meet with team members every Tuesday and then deepening the relationships through coffee connections allows you to build credibility. Even if you have not utilized a team member’s business you can confidently refer based on your interactions, knowledge of their business and gut instinct. And through referral networking you also have access to team members to assist in finding credible referrals.

6. Sheryl Watford
    October 2, 2018 | 8:41 am

If I don’t know them professionally then I must know like and trust personally to feel comfortable refering. I like to see knowledge and passion for their business.

7. Chip Lawson
    October 2, 2018 | 10:04 am

Placing your faith behind a referral happens when knowing the referral will greet the prospective client with enthusiasm and good listening skills. When someone has demonstrated a knowledge of their field and confidently leads others to the best needs of the client, I will confidently suggest that person knowing my referral can satisfy the need.

8. Melissa Howell
    October 2, 2018 | 11:26 pm

The measure that I used to decide to refer to someone is that they provide interesting new information in their InfoMinutes. I also am apt to refer to people who are friends with friends of mine who can also verify their work. I like fun people who are good at putting people at ease and those are the people I am most apt to refer to.

9. Latha Ravi
    October 3, 2018 | 12:31 am

If they provide great service, have knowledge and passion for what they do and treat all with respect

10. Jeff Bartholomew
    October 3, 2018 | 7:38 am

My measures are responsiveness and professionalism!
    When I introduce a referral to a PowerCore teammate, I expect a quick and professional connection. This means a phone call or an email (depending on what’s been suggested) within 24-hours of the connection.
    This shows the prospect that my PowerCore teammate and I mean business and we are here to get things done. And I know on the Fayette team, I can confidently refer to them because they are both responsive and professional!

11. Marie Metzger
    October 3, 2018 | 10:13 am

The basic measurement I use when deciding to refer someone is the Team Members creditability when it comes to finding a substitute. When a Team Member finds a sub it shows me they care about the quality of our meetings. The member being referred will put the same energy into my referral. They’ll be sure to follow up and provide their service no matter the outcome.

12. Marcie T Bayne
    October 3, 2018 | 11:47 am

A measure I use is what I see at meetings and coffees. Do they come to the meetings prepared or just wing it? Are they consistent in their interactions with team members, subs and visitors? Are they late? Is it a pattern of lateness or incidental? I believe these behaviors spill over into how they act toward clients. People’s time is valuable and showing up prepared is a good measure for me to feel confident to give a referral.

13. Carl Querna
    October 3, 2018 | 11:57 am

I feel I can confidently refer a client to a team member when I am clear as to “why” that team member is a better choice for my client than the status quo. Through our meetings and the team members info-minutes and 7 minute presentations we not only see whether a team member is credible and develop relationships with each other but also come to understand if and why a team member is positively unique in his/her market. If I can give an objective reason “why” my client should meet my team member; it makes the referral a lot easier job..(just like a speed square makes the carpenters quicker and easier)

14. Jay Griffin
    October 3, 2018 | 12:22 pm

I take one of two steps to refer a client to a team member: 1. I tell them about an instance where I have used this colleagues services and have been impressed with them – elaborating on the experience, or 2. Let them know that I haven’t used their services yet, but I do know them well, they are a friend, and that I would feel confident in making the referral anyway through hearing good things about what work they do provide around town.

15. Phil Downey
    October 3, 2018 | 1:06 pm

Good measurement for me is our 1st meeting for coffee. Are they on time for our meeting. If not on time do they give me enough notice to make different plans. How important is my time to them. Do they ask questions about my business and abut Powercore or is it all about them and their needs. What do they bring to the meeting.

16. Dr. Byron Harper
    October 3, 2018 | 5:05 pm

I look for passion. Is a person passionate about what they do because that usually reflects excellence in their trade. Is a person passionate about people and service because I am going to require that of anyone that I entrust my friends or customers to.

17. TONY HARDY
    October 3, 2018 | 7:12 pm

I look for characteristics of professionalism, attentiveness, punctuality, reliability, dependability etc… I measure the quality of service provided to me and or the past referrals that have been provided to my Power core team mate.

18. Amy Metzger
    October 3, 2018 | 9:11 pm

I look at this from two sides… how my clients will be for the Team members: I am looking for someone who is a good client for me who will be a good fit for my powercore team members… they are able to make a decision, they are great to work with, they are reliable and responsible… If a client works well for me and is a “best client” they will be someone I feel I can refer to my team members.
    For the clients… I feel very comfortable with my team members as I get to know them better through sitting by them each week, having coffee meetings, using their services…Then I can truly refer them as a potential opportunity for my clients/friends/associates who might need their services

19. Rich Blenz
    October 4, 2018 | 10:00 am

Basic measurements I take that let me confidently refer a client to a team member are as follows:
    1. Experience and skill set. What scope of work or services can they provide. Are they capable of providing the services needed.
    2. Statistics and results. Is the member not only knowledgeable but do they produce results. There is a HUGE difference between someone who is trained and someone who produces, actually applying their craft daily.
    3. Qualifications. Do they take their profession seriously. Are they investing in continuing education? Are the evolving as their industry changes over time?
    4. Trust – gut instinct.

20. Kay Mcinroe
    October 4, 2018 | 4:30 pm

I look for credibility and professionalism in the person I recommend. If possible I like to use their services so I feel comfortable referring them. If I have not used their service I like to get to know them by having coffee with them and get to know them better. Since my reputation is on the line I am very careful as to who I refer to my clients.

21. Danielle Fawaz
    October 9, 2018 | 8:44 am

Where do I begin?! From the moment merely see an individual within my referral network I begin making my decision; Are they clean? Do they dress and speak professionally? Are they on time or early? Is the information they share relevant to my client base, and even furthermore, valuable?

These are some of the first noticeable lines of communication to their credibility. With a good representation here, I would ask them to coffee to learn more!

22. Juan Roach
    October 10, 2018 | 9:56 pm

A good measurement for me is there attentiveness. From the first time we meet and a Power Core meeting and watching their interaction with the group. The second form of attentiveness is when we meet for a coffee. If you’re interested in what I have to say and ask questions back I can tell that you’re a good listener. In the same manner I know they’re going to take care of my customer or client.