Accuracy: Easy to Carry

Referral Trigger for the week of October 29
What to DO to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Speed Square | Purpose: Accuracy
Conversation lead by the: Newnan Team (100% responses achieved)

and A speed square is useful because it’s so easy to carry in a tool belt.

What tool do you have in your tool belt that makes giving a referral easy?

Don’t repeat an answer.

21 Responses to Accuracy: Easy to Carry
  1. Dr. Philip Bruce Crane
    October 26, 2018 | 9:44 am

The tool that I have in my tool belt that makes giving a referral easy is Applied Kinesiology. I’m a certified AK practitioner which gives me a whole new set of tools to work with and therefore I can help my patients with so many more different types of problems and concerns. Having the right tool for the job makes things come out better.

2. Clay Jeffreys
    October 26, 2018 | 9:53 am

My Answer: The tool I use is a angle to get at with my clients for my referrals. For example, I may tell my clients for:
    – Home Insurance (Bill Kelly with All State) – Now that you are buying a new home, you’ll need insurance for the home. You should also look at your car insurance. Sometimes changing zip codes or counties can impact your rates. Let me give you Bill Kelly’s information. I’ve worked with him for years, and he takes great care of me and my clients.
    – Life Insurance (Sheldon Baker with The Sheldon Baker Group) – Now that you own your new home, you need to protect it. I noticed when we completed the loan application you didn’t mention having life insurance. This would be a great time to consider investing in life insurance. I know I didn’t get life insurance until I owned a home. Let me connect you with Sheldon Baker. I’ve known Sheldon for years and see him every week. I know he’ll take great care of you.
    The phrasing and succinctly explaining why someone needs a product helps immensely when making the referral.

3. Adam Hoyt
    October 26, 2018 | 10:18 am

Let’s call this tool the “bit adapter.” People work with who they know, like and trust. I find clients are more willing to connect with someone when they have something un-related to the business need with which to connect. This is why we often make small-talk before talking business. So I like to have one area to “tee-up” conversation with my referrees. Marianne Gudina, in addition to being a great financial coach, also has lived in Ethiopia and loves to tell those stories. Hunter, in addition to being a fine Realtor, still travels the world as a flight attendant. Each of these provides an interesting, humanizing tid-bit to adapt the conversation to more relational (and less transactional) connections.

4. Jackie Campbell
    October 26, 2018 | 10:39 am

The tool I favor the most when referring my clients to anyone, but especially fellow members of Power Core, is reliability. There are a lot of moving pieces in a real estate transaction, so I’m so grateful to be able to RELY on the referral partners that I have to follow up, in a competent and professional manner, on time, and with a good attitude. I love knowing that they will keep me in the loop on how it’s going, so that I can do a better job of managing things for the client.

5. Wendy Kinney
    October 26, 2018 | 11:25 am

My new favorite: an InfoMinute.

Here’s the story: I was speaking with my trainer, and she mentioned a problem she was having with the landscaping in her back yard. I said, you want Rosy – and we went on her phone to http://powercore.net/member-directory/member/rosy-douglas/. (I do that a lot)

The next week I was at Rosy’s Team, and her InfoMinute was |exactly| about what Emily had mentioned! So I asked Rosy for her InfoMinute, paper clipped her business card to it, and took it to Emily for my appointment the next day.

Emily was so impressed with Rosy.
    Win!

(BTW – she didn’t ask about the template or the “I’m a good referral for” or anything! She just took the InfoMinute, read it, said “Yes this is exactly what I need”. Bam.)

• Quentin Kelley
      October 26, 2018 | 1:15 pm

I like the idea of going on the PowerCore site and accessing the profile of the referral. That’s great when you are on the go! Thanks for the idea.

6. Donna Jennings
    October 26, 2018 | 11:32 am

Through a free 1:1 Coaching Consultation potential clients have the opportunity to experience expectations I have of them, and results they will receive when we work together. Essentially, this session is an interview for both parties to determine if moving forward together is the best avenue for our mutual success. My clients appreciate this interaction because when they sign up for my Lose-It-2-Live-It program it is because they are confident our partnership is the tool to reach their weight loss goals. This process results in happier, healthier clients, and frequent word-of-mouth referrals.

7. Jonathon Plummer
    October 26, 2018 | 12:47 pm

I believe value is an important tool to possess. I need to know that others have value added to their service, along with their personality, in order for me to refer to them. I myself try and portray value as well, so people can reliably refer to me. Under promise, over deliver!

Smile Daily 🙂
    Jon

8. Quentin Kelley
    October 26, 2018 | 1:12 pm

The tool I use is called the “perfect fit”.

After completing a needs analysis with my client I may see pain points. Such as needing a home security system for their new home or maybe they don’t know when the last time their HVAC has been serviced.

I begin by asking if these situations have been a cause for concern for them. Usually, they respond they have been wanting to get around to it. My response is I know the perfect person you need to talk to. I know him well and we actually get coffee once a week. “What’s the best way for him to get a hold of you.”

This shows that I want the best for my client and I have taken away the hassle of searching for a reputable person and company to work with. WIN-WIN!

9. Danny Nungesser
    October 26, 2018 | 2:10 pm

A Tape Measure! Measure twice, cut once!

During annual reviews or during a Fact Finding interviews with new clients, we not only measure their Financial picture for money but also include Home mortgage loan inquires, tax related questions and timeline to live in their home. All of these questions can cause some concern to clients but I let them know that I meet weekly with professionals in these careers and I can arrange a meeting.

By measuring the credibility of my power core team members as well as the measurement of the clients needs…I can make the perfect cut!

10. Annie DeRose-Broeckert
    October 26, 2018 | 4:43 pm

The tangible tool is the Team Roster that I carry with me in my briefcase. Additionally, I use my ‘matchmaking’ skills – meaning I listen for the void when I am speaking with friends, family, colleagues, clients and then I make the match to fill the void.

11. Joe Robinson
    October 26, 2018 | 6:05 pm

The tool that I have in my toolbox that makes giving referrals easy is listening. I not only listen to what my clients are saying to me about the concerns that they have with their marriage and relationship, I also listen for any other area of their life that they may need help. When I here something a need that they have that props a referral, I immediate (when it is practical to do so) tell them about a power core member that can help them and ask if they would like the member card so that they can connect with them.

12. Mike Uehling
    October 28, 2018 | 11:04 pm

Being aware of your surroundings. While doing roof inspections I keep notes on other things I see ! Some of the things I lookout for are possible entry points for wildlife or signs of pest inside and out, A/C units ( age/ noise/temp) and dated or no security systems. I bring these things up during conversation after the inspection. It gives me a great opportunity to connect them to Casey Nix (Shanes Pest Control),Nathan Mejia(Trinity Air) or Juan Roach(Ackerman Security Systems) and know they will get the best!

13. Andrew Sylivant
    October 29, 2018 | 8:27 am

The main tools I use in determining a good fit for a referral are the powers of observation and creativity. Being observant allows me to notice the chance to connect a fellow PowerCore member with a potential client. Then, using creativity, I can see unique opportunities to make a connection that might not be obvious at first glance. Creatively thinking outside the box allows for new ways to find solutions and make referrals you might otherwise miss.

14. Lorinda Buckingham
    October 29, 2018 | 11:18 am

The main tool that I use are my Leadership and Business Development programs which are like “Stud Finders”.

“Stud finders” are used to find or located the ‘soft spots’ behind the beams so that you can add stability and security to a structure with studs.

In my leadership and business training and coaching firm, we specializing in discovering the soft spots, gaps, and weaknesses so that we can provide solutions that add stability and security for the business owner and company.

In my leadership and business development programs, I attempt to discover how to make the business owner and/or manager successful. Their success is my #1 priority by helping them to align their personal growth with a clear business strategy.

In their program while working with me, they experience relief, an increase in confidence, and become more aware of what’s hindering them from their desires, and business goals. It is also that setting they experience more self-awareness in their judgement free environment, and at times begin to REALLY discover that in order to accomplish their dreams & business goals may involve key elements such as Home Ownership, New Buildings, Funding for expansion, New Clients, Personal Transformation, Auto/Home/Business Insurance, Bonding, a New Bank, Trademarks, Branding solutions, New Doctor, and so much more!

It’s a privilege to witness the growth of business owners and companies as they go through my program. However, EVEN IF a person or company does not go through my program, I endeavor to sow into their business to help them to be successful because I believe in serving. Therefore, it always gives me even greater pleasure to refer my fellow referral partners in PowerCore who deliver quality services in the areas that I mentioned above (and more), who share the same commitment & values to their clients success, and who want to partner with a business and leadership coach to accomplish that.

I have worked with and met many amazing people in PowerCore, of whom we’ve added great value with referrals and introductions to each other. I tend to go to PowerCore FIRST to find services, not only for myself, but for my clients. I’m looking forward to continued blessings for us all through this year, and through the next year.

Blessings!

~Lorinda Buckingham, Modern Empowerment
    Effective Personal & Professional Development Training & Consulting Firm

15. Juan Roach
    October 29, 2018 | 7:48 pm

The main tool that I use in a literal sense is my cellphone. I use it to share contact information with my clients and customers. This makes it very easy for me to give referrals. I normally text or share contact information directly to my customers. On the other hand listening is also a key tool. Most people will tell you just about everything you need to know about them especially if they need help with something.

16. Tammy Lanier
    October 29, 2018 | 9:12 pm

My favorite tool is a group text message.

When I’m meeting with a client and we discuss a need they have I like to take advantage of the opportunity right away. Sending a group message through social media, allows both parties to connect and “see” the person or connect with their businesses. Secondly, it allows you to see when someone is online, read a message or responding.
    My clients get excited and my referral partners get a hot connection!

17. Dr. Anna Schultz
    October 29, 2018 | 11:14 pm

A leveler!

As a dentist, my job is to pay attention to the details…ALL the details. And because I’m somewhat meticulous, and can see the quality of care that my patients receive and what that means for their oral health, I strive to provide that same level of value in a referral.

If a Powercore member is punctual, organized, highly educated in their field, and personable…the referral is easy! Every time!

18. Miles Steele
    October 30, 2018 | 9:04 am

The tool that I use is caring. There is a saying that “people don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care, about them.” I show people that I care with not only what I say but how I say it. I also show people that I care by being courteous, kind, and considerate. This makes giving a referral easy because like to work with people that they trust. People trust that if I give them a referral that the person I refer is going to take care of their needs just as I would, with care.

19. Nathan Mejia
    October 30, 2018 | 12:43 pm

The tool I use the most is simply looking around my surroundings. In my field I see many different types of people daily whether that be a home owner business owner or a tenant. By taking the time to simply look around you can get a good idea of what needs a person may need. With that tool I am able to relate to my powercore member teams services and abilities.

20. Casey Nix
    October 31, 2018 | 9:27 am

A sliding bevel measures a bunch of different angles. With this tool you are able to adjust to the angle you want, lock it in place, and then make your mark. This is the tool that I use. FLEXIBILITY! In my line of work, we have to be flexible to customer’s needs. While being flexible, you really get to understand your customer and then make referrals once that credible trust is built.