Julia Brantley

As we approach the end of the year home inventory begins to dwindle. But trust me – Fall and winter are great seasons for home buying! Leftover spring and summer inventory typically result in deals. Most leftovers were overpriced causing them to miss their true market potential and now have fewer chances to capture buyers. By fall & especially winter, Sellers may be desperate, willing to sell below the homes true value. Just as good – Homes that go on the market near the holidays signal motivated sellers which also signals potential for a deal. Competition from other buyers also dwindles meaning more room for negotiations! Another great perk of fall buying – homes show their true colors in the wet and dreary months and inspectors can capture so much more information on your  home so you go in with eyes wide open or my favorite part – more opportunity to negotiate! Julia Brantley real estate is a great referral for any 1st Time home buyers you know who are thinking about buying but think they should wait for spring. Real Estate doesn’t hibernate, My expertise and negotiating skills don’t hibernate and neither should buyers!

8 Responses to Julia Brantley
  1. Persephone C Galambos
    October 16, 2018 | 7:42 pm

I love the real estate does not hibernate comment. There was not a question and I think that first time homebuyer is too general. Maybe to highlight your expertise in purple say “I am part of the lucky few whose favorite part of real estate is the opportuniy to negotiate a great deal. I did not really see a story. Maybe something along the lines of that home you found for your buyer that had been on the market for 6 months and the weary sells took an offer that ended up being $20,000 below the appraised value”. I think a kindling question could be, “Ask her how much time she spends on her commute to work” or something along those lines. How do we “see/hear” that someone is a first time homebuyer.

• Julia Brantley
      October 20, 2018 | 7:30 am

That’s great about how the seller was ready to “give in” to give my buyer a great deal because it happens!

Thanks for your ideas – Super helpful!

2. Valerie Brutti
    October 19, 2018 | 4:06 pm

I like the hibernate clause. Pick a season.
    Maybe Winter: During the Holidays people love to see spruced up homes that are decorated.The serious buyers are out shopping during the colder months. They are focused on home ownership and don’t let the weather distract them from achieving their goal.

Purple Card:Having worked in Project Management, I know how to start a project and get to the finish line successfully. My clarity helps me filter out distractions to help negotiate the important issues.

• Julia Brantley
      October 20, 2018 | 7:29 am

Love that purple card! Thank you for the more focused blue card, I love that too!

3. Michelle Mechem
    October 20, 2018 | 9:20 am

You have tons of great information in here that could be used in several additional infominutes. I would focus on one- like the lower numbers of buyers to compete, where there may be multiple offers in the spring.

I love Valarie’s purple card above. Your ability to keep people focused, especially during the holidays, is a superpower.

I also love Persephone’s idea for the red “story” of how you helped someone get a deal in the Fall. Or how you were actually able to negotiate because your buyer was the only offer on the table.

4. Steve Payment
    October 20, 2018 | 11:07 am

Lots of good info in this one. I would build on the story about the season.

Winter in real estate is one of my favorite times of the year. Why you ask. This is when I get to show off my incredible negotiation skills. The homes on the market have less buyers interested and thats when deals happen.

5. Connie Martin
    October 20, 2018 | 11:08 am

Great InfoMinute subject! I had a Top 10 Reasons to List in Winter set of InfoMins where I read 2 or 3 each week. Not sure if that was the best way to do it, but it gave me several weeks on the same topic.

Seems like this IM is ALL Blue so lots of great info yet no story to make it stick with me as a reminder when a great referral for you might come along.

I do better when I color-code each section and then go back and adjust/add so I’ll be back with some suggestions…

6. Jennifer Eden Thomas
    October 20, 2018 | 11:23 am

I always love talking about seasonal reasons to buy (or sell) and you did a great job communicating the benefits. Missing the story…

Janes and Joe were about to sign another lease on their rental home because they were concerned they would not be able to find a home to buy in the winter months…I explained to them that XYZ from above and then they found a house that they might not have been able to afford had it been priced correctly to begin with…

Something like that?