Accuracy: More Than One Angle

Referral Trigger for the week of October 15
What to DO to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Speed Square | Purpose: Accuracy
Conversation lead by the: Midtown Team

and A speed square allows a builder to quickly measure different angles.

Share an angle you’ve gotten from a Member, perhaps during a 7-Minute, or a coffee meeting – that makes it easy for you to refer your clients to them.

Don’t repeat an answer, but you can change the angle or where you got it.

10 Responses to Accuracy: More Than One Angle
  1. Clay Jeffreys
    October 12, 2018 | 9:10 am

I listen for details in member’s InfoMinutes or 7-Minutes that shows the extra touch the person uses in their business. It’s easy to refer someone to Tom Bunch when their AC is broken. Tom also provides information to us on the little details he thinks about with his clients – like the extra “to do” steps he trains his team on when working in a home with small children. The person I’m referring Tom to already believes Tom knows HVAC units, and adding the extra thought he puts into working in people’s homes shows how professional and excellent he is at his craft.

2. Wendy Kinney
    October 12, 2018 | 11:12 am

I heard Jaad’s 7-Minute Tuesday, and learned for the first time there is a $5000 fee for VA loans. His example of a prospect who was looking at a $35/month difference for a lower rate that was going to cost her $13K more was a new angle for me.

3. Jonathan Minsk
    October 12, 2018 | 11:52 am

Being in the mortgage industry, 100% of my clientele will need a homeowner’s policy prior to closing on their loan. I have incorporated the name and contact information of my team’s property and casual agent into the body of the e-mail I send out with the initial loan disclosures. I copy my team member in the e-mail so that he can jump in, and offer to provide a quote. That benefits us both, as it is both an endorsement to him, and a nod to get my client working on securing a policy early in the transaction.

4. Annie DeRose-Broeckert
    October 12, 2018 | 12:05 pm

I learned from Sean Collins, at lunch, that even though he isn’t always the lowest bid for painting, he will be the most professional – he has liability, workers’ comp and business insurance to cover him and his customers in case of a mishap. Additionally, in his 7 minute last week he told us how everyone on the team goes over the job with the client to make sure each detail is attended to from the first phone call to the post job walk through.

5. Amy Koenig
    October 12, 2018 | 12:28 pm

When a team member shows me they are knowledgeable in their field by giving me new information during a seven minute, I feel as though I have just learned an item to look for from my clients. That new information gives me a new perspective on my clients situation that I know I can refer out when I hear it later.

6. George P. Shingler
    October 12, 2018 | 2:52 pm

The internet marketing expert on our team in 7 minutes and at coffees has educated me to how the use of websites for marketing has changed–fewer web pages, much more mobile friendly, telling a story that is a call to action. The result is more responses seeking the services being marketed on the website. Now when I am talking to someone about internet marketing, I can confidently and enthusiastically say, “You’ve got to talk to this person. She is on top of her game!”

7. Joyce Ray
    October 14, 2018 | 3:37 pm

Mike Owens, our team bookkeeper, has tips each week for saving money – starting with the pennies and showing how they add up to dollars and more dollars if you are diligent and have a system for saving them. His humor with the “bean counting” jokes helps make it stick. This attention to detail lets me know that I can trust him to take care of my clients no matter what their income level might be.

8. Shaun St. Hill
    October 14, 2018 | 5:22 pm

The chiropractor on our team, Dr. Amy Forth, is always sharing health and wellness information with our team during her 1-minutes. These nuggets help indicate the fact she will do more than give a great adjustment; she will help you have a better health overall.

9. Colin Barron
    October 17, 2018 | 1:23 pm

Jonathan, a mortgage broker, always provides a wide range of examples during his info minutes on who he can help and when. It makes it easy to refer a variety of clients in different situations.

10. Jennifer Eden Thomas
    October 17, 2018 | 1:49 pm

I few weeks ago Lawrence Nelson from Premier Audio Video Systems shared a 7-Minute presentation with us and it totally changed the way I thought about referring him. Prior to his presentation I was looking to send either my home buyer or home seller clients his way. Lawrence totally changed my perspective so I can start working towards giving him home runs instead of grand slams. Lawrence is looking to build relationships with builders that will use him in multiple properties as their go to smart home integrator.

Jennifer Eden Thomas