Accuracy: More Than One Angle

Referral Trigger for the week of October 15
What to DO to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Speed Square | Purpose: Accuracy
Conversation lead by the: Midtown Team

and A speed square allows a builder to quickly measure different angles.

Share an angle you’ve gotten from a Member, perhaps during a 7-Minute, or a coffee meeting – that makes it easy for you to refer your clients to them.

Don’t repeat an answer, but you can change the angle or where you got it.

18 Responses to Accuracy: More Than One Angle
  1. Clay Jeffreys
    October 12, 2018 | 9:10 am

I listen for details in member’s InfoMinutes or 7-Minutes that shows the extra touch the person uses in their business. It’s easy to refer someone to Tom Bunch when their AC is broken. Tom also provides information to us on the little details he thinks about with his clients – like the extra “to do” steps he trains his team on when working in a home with small children. The person I’m referring Tom to already believes Tom knows HVAC units, and adding the extra thought he puts into working in people’s homes shows how professional and excellent he is at his craft.

2. Wendy Kinney
    October 12, 2018 | 11:12 am

I heard Jaad’s 7-Minute Tuesday, and learned for the first time there is a $5000 fee for VA loans. His example of a prospect who was looking at a $35/month difference for a lower rate that was going to cost her $13K more was a new angle for me.

3. Jonathan Minsk
    October 12, 2018 | 11:52 am

Being in the mortgage industry, 100% of my clientele will need a homeowner’s policy prior to closing on their loan. I have incorporated the name and contact information of my team’s property and casual agent into the body of the e-mail I send out with the initial loan disclosures. I copy my team member in the e-mail so that he can jump in, and offer to provide a quote. That benefits us both, as it is both an endorsement to him, and a nod to get my client working on securing a policy early in the transaction.

4. Annie DeRose-Broeckert
    October 12, 2018 | 12:05 pm

I learned from Sean Collins, at lunch, that even though he isn’t always the lowest bid for painting, he will be the most professional – he has liability, workers’ comp and business insurance to cover him and his customers in case of a mishap. Additionally, in his 7 minute last week he told us how everyone on the team goes over the job with the client to make sure each detail is attended to from the first phone call to the post job walk through.

5. Amy Koenig
    October 12, 2018 | 12:28 pm

When a team member shows me they are knowledgeable in their field by giving me new information during a seven minute, I feel as though I have just learned an item to look for from my clients. That new information gives me a new perspective on my clients situation that I know I can refer out when I hear it later.

6. George P. Shingler
    October 12, 2018 | 2:52 pm

The internet marketing expert on our team in 7 minutes and at coffees has educated me to how the use of websites for marketing has changed–fewer web pages, much more mobile friendly, telling a story that is a call to action. The result is more responses seeking the services being marketed on the website. Now when I am talking to someone about internet marketing, I can confidently and enthusiastically say, “You’ve got to talk to this person. She is on top of her game!”

7. Joyce Ray
    October 14, 2018 | 3:37 pm

Mike Owens, our team bookkeeper, has tips each week for saving money – starting with the pennies and showing how they add up to dollars and more dollars if you are diligent and have a system for saving them. His humor with the “bean counting” jokes helps make it stick. This attention to detail lets me know that I can trust him to take care of my clients no matter what their income level might be.

8. Shaun St. Hill
    October 14, 2018 | 5:22 pm

The chiropractor on our team, Dr. Amy Forth, is always sharing health and wellness information with our team during her 1-minutes. These nuggets help indicate the fact she will do more than give a great adjustment; she will help you have a better health overall.

9. Colin Barron
    October 17, 2018 | 1:23 pm

Jonathan, a mortgage broker, always provides a wide range of examples during his info minutes on who he can help and when. It makes it easy to refer a variety of clients in different situations.

10. Jennifer Eden Thomas
    October 17, 2018 | 1:49 pm

I few weeks ago Lawrence Nelson from Premier Audio Video Systems shared a 7-Minute presentation with us and it totally changed the way I thought about referring him. Prior to his presentation I was looking to send either my home buyer or home seller clients his way. Lawrence totally changed my perspective so I can start working towards giving him home runs instead of grand slams. Lawrence is looking to build relationships with builders that will use him in multiple properties as their go to smart home integrator.

Jennifer Eden Thomas
    Realtor
    Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage

11. Alaina Barrera
    October 17, 2018 | 4:16 pm

During Ed Torrence’s 7-minute presentations he often refers to the systems and methods he has put in place to ensure his work is done right the first time. This includes his process for measuring floors, taking orders, and planning the timeline for installation. Knowing that Ed can precisely coordinate the many fluid aspects of the flooring industry helps me to know that I can confidently refer him to my clients.

12. Harmony McGill
    October 17, 2018 | 4:33 pm

Alaina Barrera, our resident home inspector has a knack for providing
    thorough explanations of the services provided, state of the art equipment, and the different functions of the home. It’s this clear communication style that ensures me that any referral on her behalf is made confidently.

Harmony McGill
    Licensed Massage Therapist

13. Lawrence Nelson
    October 17, 2018 | 5:52 pm

Every member on our team does an excellent job of providing real-life examples of how they help their clients. Detailed information learned from a 7-minute helps me to pinpoint the the type of client the presenter is looking for.I especially like when presenters discuss pricing because it allows me to qualify a referral before sending them their way.

14. Greg Jordan
    October 18, 2018 | 9:21 am

I have thoroughly enjoyed 7-minutes and coffees with the attorneys on our team. Their insight and knowledge into the legal process is very enlightening ( much different than “Law and Order” and late-night TV commercials 🙂 ).

Their expertise makes it very easy to refer someone to them including my own customers.

15. Ed Torrence
    October 19, 2018 | 8:53 am

From Adee Weismark, a prior team member, I learned the importance of adding single word when referring others. As a flooring contractor, I am in my clients’ homes and businesses and can often see that they need a handyman, or plumber, etc.

Before, when I saw a need, I would ask if they would like the name of a plumber, or handyman, or whatever, but they would often reply, “thanks, but I have one.”

Adee suggested that I ask them if they have a plumber, or whatever, that they are “happy” with.

I have been amazed by the change one word makes. Now when I ask them if they have a plumber they are “happy” with, they often so that “I have one, but he is just OK.” Or, “I have one, but he is just a name a neighbor gave me.”

I am continually amazed how one word can shift a person from already having the resource they need to asking for name of the person I can refer.

16. Stephen Dufour, II
    October 19, 2018 | 11:06 am

It has been very helpful for me to refer clients to members on our team by learning what a “grand slam” is for them so I know I am setting them up with the type of referrals that really work best for them.

17. Lori Harris
    October 19, 2018 | 11:50 am

During a brainstorming session with our team, we brainstormed about ways to introduce team members when a prospective client says “I already have someone”. I now ask “would it help to get a second opinion about that”.

I’ve found that people are frequently open to a non threatening second opinion and that allows my team member an opportunity to work their magic.

18. Satonja Gilbert Scott
    October 19, 2018 | 2:58 pm

A fellow team member, Ed Torrence, does carpet sales and installation. I am a closing attorney and the first type of referral that came to mind was a homeowner looking to replace the carpet in a home that they just purchased or a Seller replacing caret to list their home for sale. However, in his infominutes recently, he discussed commercial installation and how a great referral would be building property managers, facilities managers, builders, etc. It completely changed my mind about the type of referrals to send his way.