Better Together: Keep it Still

Referral Trigger for the week of November 5
What to SAY to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Clamps | Purpose: Better Together
Conversation lead by the: North Fayetteville Team (100% responses achieved)

and Clamps hold two things together – no slipping.

Where in your business can clients slip up?

What is the problem that results if they slip?

What do you do to prevent them from slipping?

16 Responses to Better Together: Keep it Still
  1. Sandi Horne
    November 2, 2018 | 9:20 am

Clients can slip up by not taking their veggies, fruits and berries in a capsule everyday! The problem that can result from this is a delay in optimal health, how can I help? By sending out reminders of how to optimize their health and simply put their Juice Plus products is a visible area which will remind them, “oh! It’s time to take my Juice Plus ” , then let those pills do their work! Stay Healthy friends.

2. Venis Sims
    November 2, 2018 | 7:44 pm

Potential clients slip up by allowing non paying tenants to remain in their properties. When self managing, many owners do not have the heart to evict bad tenants. Every month that a tenant does pay it becomes that much harder for them to catch up. If the owner relies on the rent payment to cover a mortgage payment this can mean foreclosure. Using a professional property manager shifts the collection responsibility off the owner and on to the manager who is neutral and without emotion. We simply enforce the lease restoring possession of the property back to the owner and releasing so that cashflow can resume.

3. Bertram Johnson
    November 2, 2018 | 9:29 pm

SOMETIME TIME MY CLIENTS SLIP UP BY NOT STAYING ON SCHEDULE FOR THEIR PEST CONTROL SERVICE.

THE CLIENTS SLIP UP USUALLY BECAUSE OF ONE OR TWO REASON, NUMBER ONE PAYING FOR THEIR SERVICE IS NOT IN THEIR BUDGET AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME WHEN ITS TIME FOR THEIR PEST CONTROL SERVICE. OR THEY NEED MORE TIME TO SCHEDULE BECAUSE OF OTHER COMMITMENTS THEY MAY HAVE.

TO PREVENT THEM FROM SLIPPING UP I GIVE THEM PLENTY OF TIME IN ADVANCE BY GIVING THEM SEVERAL ALTERNATIVE DAYS AND TIMES IN ADVANCE THAT MAY ALLOW ME TO PROVIDE THEIR SERVICE IN THE TIME FRAME THATS WORKS OUT GOOD FOR THE BOTH OF US.

4. Valerie Williams
    November 3, 2018 | 1:49 pm

Clients can slip up when they have life changing events, but do not reassess their financial strategy to accommodate for such changes. Problems that result from this slippage can be too little savings for retirement, college expenses, emergency funds or any number of issues. I help prevent slippage by keeping in touch with my clients and understanding what’s going on behind the scenes in their lives that could affect potential future needs. I then come up with strategies to help prepare them financially for life changing events.

5. Joe Robinson
    November 4, 2018 | 6:05 pm

My wife and I have the privilege of helping couples like Dan & Susan, who value biblical principles, to either repair, maintain, or strengthen the key components of their marriages.

When Dan & Susan, who has busy schedules, fail to realize that they need to feed (input information) their marriage on a regular basis to either repair, maintain, or strengthen any of the key components of their marriage, this is where the slippery slope of discord, tension, and disharmony can begin.

To prevent this from happening, my wife and I have set up various free and paid programs to help all of our clients like Dan & Susan, to intake a regular dose of biblical principles, concepts, and other related resources, that feed their marriage, so that they can consistently either repair, maintain, or strengthen any of the key components of their marriages and leave discord, tension, and disharmony far behind them as much as possible.

6. Annie DeRose-Broeckert
    November 6, 2018 | 9:55 am

The most common area that buyers slip up is that they don’t know their credit score, where their money is going prior to applying for a loan or during the purchase process and as a result not be able to qualify for a loan or lose their loan prior to closing.

Sellers can slip up by not keeping or being able to get their home show ready. Additionally, if they are not open to showing feedback from agents and potential buyers and therefore aren’t able or willing to make changes they can lose out on a sale.

Communication and being consistent from before signing any agreements through closing is key to preventing the slip ups mentioned – as well as any others.

7. Dr. Gillian Kucharski
    November 6, 2018 | 10:06 am

Patients can sometimes “slip” by not keeping up with their maintenance visits.

“The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
    -Socrates

This is why 1/month maintenance visits are generally recommended in my office. A fifteen minute visit is then able to be divided. 5 minutes to correct anything new from the past month, 5 minutes to fix things from the previous year, and the last 5 minutes could show things from years prior. It’s all about peeling back the layers.

If visits are so spread out that I’m having to make the same exact corrections every single visit, then I feel that I’m not giving the best care possible. I believe in being proactive with healthcare and actively seeking to improve, not just covering up problems with a bandaid.

8. Yvette Best
    November 7, 2018 | 2:28 pm

Clients can “slip up” by not revealing their total tax situation. I ask a lot of questions but truthful information is crucial to ensure that the tax return is correctly processed.

“Death and taxes are certain, but knowing how to only pay your fair share is third.” ~Yvette D. Best

My firm prides itself in keeping individuals and businesses IRS and state compliant. Operating with transparency and integrity helps in this process. By being upfront and honest, I can correct and control the tax situation with a favorable outcome.

9. Ronnie Wells
    November 7, 2018 | 4:03 pm

Clients can slip up by not disclosing all the features they have on their existing alarm system when we are attempting to convert them to Ackerman Security. This will result in an incomplete installation. For example, if they currently control their alarm with their phones, if the cameras are connected, or if they don’t have an approved home phone.

I have a detailed list of questions to prevent slip ups so I can go over every feature that Ackerman offers to determine their needs.

10. Lisa Ann Landry
    November 7, 2018 | 4:40 pm

The most dramatic way healthcare clients slip up and how to stop!

Prospects often want quotes for health care coverage based on the lowest price rather than the best value. Unfortunately, they don’t realize the consequence of the lowest priced plan means less coverage.

Additionally, some clients won’t commit the time to have a detail conversation so that they fully understand how the health care plan works. The worst time to fully understand a health coverage plan is when you are in dire need of a service, and you learn that because you picked the cheapest plan the service is not covered, or there is minimal coverage.
    I overcome these challenges in two ways. I make it clear to my clients the value of the healthcare plan and the value of having me as their concierge health insurance agent.
    1. They learn how their health coverage works by participating in a screen share presentation where I introduce the health care plan, its benefits and use a variety of scenarios to demonstrate how it works.
    2. I help my prospects imagine the benefits of having a concierge health insurance agent. Who has time to figure out what doctor is in the PPO network? What small business owner has the luxury of waiting on hold for an hour with customer service to resolve a billing issue? It’s 3 a.m. there has been an accident, and you need clarification on your plan for a possible upgrade, but you can’t reach customer service.

Who do you reach out to in any of these situations your concierge health insurance agent Lisa Ann Landry.

11. Archana (Arch-na) Patel
    November 7, 2018 | 5:06 pm

Many people can’t see their future outside of who they are now. Our current struggles keep us from changing the future. The challenges that come up to pay for Life insurance has to do with the following dis-aligning Myths:

Myth 1: They think they won’t die.
    TRUTH: We are all going to die.
    Myth 2: It won’t happen to us.
    TRUTH: It’s just a matter of when
    Myth 3: Life Insurance is for others after you die.
    TRUTH: Life Insurance has changed and it can
    benefit us while we are alive and our
    loved ones after we die.
    Myth 4: I need the Money to live NOW, not LATER.
    TRUTH: We are the only ones that can choose
    to get off this wheel and change future.

• Annie DeRose-Broeckert
      November 8, 2018 | 4:47 pm

Archana-
      Thanks for participating in the discussion!

12. Sean Collins
    November 7, 2018 | 7:14 pm

With respect to interior painting, it’s very easy for a clients to say paint my walls; however, when asked “what type of finish is desired”, there is a pause. There are three types of finishes for interior painting….Flat, Eggshell and Semi-Gloss. Flat provides a cleaner finish, but it not washable. Eggshell is washable “kid friendly”, but shows imperfections of the wall (not all walls are perfect) and Semi-gloss is applied to doors, trim and moldings.
    To ensure my clients don’t slip, we educate them on the products and capabilities.

13. Annie DeRose-Broeckert
    November 8, 2018 | 4:48 pm

Archana-
    Thanks for participating in the discussion!

14. Delray Nelson
    November 8, 2018 | 5:16 pm

In my industry, my clients typically slip up when determining who their target customers are. The biggest slip up that I personally believe business owners make when starting up their companies, is believing in the misconception that EVERYONE wants to purchase their product or everyone can be their customer. The problem that results from this, is their marketing campaign or sales strategy has no focal point. They are marketing to everyone and typically end up converting no one (consistently). I prevent my clients from “slipping” by helping them narrow down the market their product is most beneficial to by asking a series of open ended questions.

-What demographic are you looking to reach?
    -What are the main key benefits of your product or -service?
    -Who are your main competitors and who do they typically market to?
    -What separates you from your competition?

Honing down on my customers key attributes helps me determine the perfect market for them to connect to, in terms of creating life long customers.

15. John A Kimbell
    November 8, 2018 | 5:45 pm

Clients can have their grip on a real estate purchase by not having a good grasp of the details needed to bring a deal to close. That’s why we are glad to act as their guide and facilitate the largest purchase for most families. We know the deal makers and the deal breakers and help folks navigate the circumstances and pitfalls that can delay or derail a transaction.