What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Focus

Referral Trigger for the week of January 11
Topic: PowerPercolator

……. A PowerPerk focuses deeply on one client, instead of widely
on everything we offer.
Focus that way now. Give us deep
information about one client—your best client ever.

1. Tell us how they found you,
  2. What they were looking for,
  3. What questions you asked,
  4. What you noticed, and
  5. What you uncovered.

Click “leave a comment”, below, to share your perspective.

7 Responses to What to DO to GIVE Referrals: Focus
  1. Wesley Anderson, DCH
    January 8, 2016 | 11:04 am

Rather than describe my “best client” I’m going to describe my work with a recent client. The reason being that the concept of best client for a hypnotherapist doesn’t fit the way it would for many other businesses. The answers to the referral trigger questions will be similar for the majority of my clients.

Laura (fictitious name) found me through a Google search for “hypnotherapists insomnia”. She investigated my website, and took a look at several of my YouTube videos.

She was having difficulty getting to sleep and staying asleep at night.

I asked her if she had consulted with medical doctors, which she had. The drugs they prescribed helps some, but were not providing her with a long-term solution. I asked her what was going through her mind that she laid down to go to sleep at night. They gave me an idea of how her mental go to sleep routines had been altered and distorted.

I asked Laura when the insomnia had started. It was right after she had experienced vertigo for the first time. The vertigo was under control, and she was still having trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep at night.

One of the things I noticed is that she had a lot of lingering anxiety about the vertigo even though it was under control.

Laura experienced noticeable benefit from her first session. At the end of her second session, just as she was coming out of hypnosis, she said that the first time she had experienced the vertigo was upon awakening one morning. And, she thought she might’ve associated with fear that she had at that first experience of vertigo with being in bed and sleep.

In our third session, the focus was on relieving the fear of vertigo, and eliminating the association between vertigo and going to sleep. Laura is going to sleep easily and awakening refreshed now.

Wesley Anderson, DCH
    YOUTUBE https://www.youtube.com/user/nelper51
    CNN interview: http://tinyurl.com/otrthwb

2. Joann Cebulski
    January 10, 2016 | 9:22 am

My best client found my through a community events posting. They want to make some changes in life and something drew then to the event. I do a lot of listening and then we actually explore some exercises. Then I asked what his result was and listened again.
    What I notice is that when people are getting results they start to blossom and lighten up- even in a few minutes. If I see the spark, I offer then to explore more focusing on.what is important to them.

3. Ryan Schrock
    January 11, 2016 | 3:04 pm

Dr. Ryan Schrock – Cumberland Team chiropractor
    Referral Trigger
    Derrick was my best client ever…we built a relationship of TRUST.
    1. I found him through one of my friends carrying my business card and the man stopped him asking where he could find a chiropractic clinic. He handed him my card referred him. He told him that I would take good care of him. Derrick had fallen in “snow jam 2014” and I helped him not only fully recover, but educated him about the wonders of getting adjusted regularly as he healed from a stooped over posture in tears to upright, working out again, taking the stairs at work, and taking care of himself, regular adjustments being part of his routine.
    2. They were looking for pain relief from falling
    3. I asked questions about the immediate trauma…then later I gathered questions about other chemical, physical, or emotional stresses that may make him susceptible to further insult on his body, and more importantly what runs his body, his nervous system.
    4. I noticed that Derrick changed the way he viewed his health, which prompted him to DO things differently to support his health and life.
    5. I uncovered that he sat a lot at his job and was unaware of many lifestyle factors that could combat the repetitive stresses being an IT consultant to keep himself on the job, pain free, and have a greater overall quality of life.
    Bottom line was that my friend, who knew I was credible and would show up for this guy, trusted me. I take trust in my powercore relationships and my relationships with clients as highest priority.

4. Tommy Schlosser
    January 11, 2016 | 7:30 pm

Peter was acquainted with me from our church but found me through a mutual connection. He was looking for a specific product (a liability umbrella) based on our connection’s recommendation. I asked him how accurately he wanted the figures to be. When he explained that he was making the decision based on price and said he could either afford it or he couldn’t. I noticed he already assumed that our price was going to be in line with the market. I uncovered that the reccomendation of our connection was strong enough that he had already made the buying decision before we even spoke.

5. Charles Overall
    January 12, 2016 | 5:38 pm

1. From a community marketing event
    2. They were curious about our rates and wanted me to take a look at what we could do for them.
    3. I asked the basic insurance questions about their current policies and so forth.
    4. and I noticed they had done their research and they were curious about the way we conducted business as a company. They seemed to be very focused on our conversation like they were soaking up every bit of info I had on their situation.
    5. I uncovered they wanted a company that paid attention to their needs so I proceeded to sign them up for auto, home, life and umbrella policy. In the end it was a matter of us realizing that we both had each others best interest at heart. Thanks!!

6. David Jennings
    January 13, 2016 | 2:47 am

My best client found me at a local technology seminar meeting. I met the CFO of this medium sized company that does not have a dedicated IT department. After talking a few minutes, I asked him if there were any tasks that they needed performed that needed an “IT-touch”.

He looked at the ceiling and thought for a moment. Then said, we have an new software package for Bills of Lading that needs to be installed, but the data is all over in the AR database. Can you figure out a way to get that data into the new database for us?

We crafted a custom ETL process for this client and had that new database installed right away. This was June of last year and now, the same client has called us for an even longer term task to implement a turn-key database solution, create new management reports, and train the staff on how to pull reports as needed.

It is great to receive the follow-up business. Old saying that is true, “If you give people what they want, all they will want is more!”

7. Dr. Donna Goodwin
    January 25, 2016 | 11:11 pm

My best client ever found me by seeing me at an event where I was doing a chiropractic talk and asking the business owner where the event was being held about me; he highly recommended me to her.

She was looking for someone who knows their stuff and could adjust extremities as well as the spine.

I asked her what usual issues she has, and I noticed that she carries a lot of tension in her neck, upper back and shoulders. I discovered that she has 2 children and a husband, all of whom she brought in for chiropractic care, and she still sees me on a regular basis and brings the family, too.

Dr. Donna B. Goodwin