What to DO to GET Referrals: Leadership – Generation

Referral Trigger for the week of April 17
Topic: Leadership
Conversation lead by the North Fayetteville Team (100% responses achieved)

Three business partners keeping thumbs up The role of the VisitorCoOrdinator is generation
– a steady stream of prospective new Members at our table.

• How do you ensure new clients for your business?
  • What marketing methods do you use, in addition
    to our referrals, to feel confident that your business
    will have new clients coming in for the next year?

16 Responses to What to DO to GET Referrals: Leadership – Generation
  1. Russ Portr
    April 14, 2017 | 9:15 am

As a business owner, I believe it’s important to introduce myself to other businesses owners, face to face, with a hand shake and a personal introduction. I ask to set an appointment for a longer discussion as well as offer them the opportunity to share my contact info with their existing circle of business contacts. I’m not selling at this point. I’m interested in meeting local business owners and expanding my circle of contacts and influence. Bottom line: there is no substitute for face to face introductions which is only accomplished by walking the territory and doing the leg work.
    As an advertiser, my product is the biggest advertising tool. However, my new clients and longevity of my existing clients demonstrate the validity and acceptance of my advertising platform. The more relevant my clients’ ads are to the residential clientele, the higher the usage and response rate.
    I’m fortunate to add new clients every month. The quality of my product in the eyes of the residential consumer will help determine the overall growth of my business and the participation by new clients.

2. Cara O'Grady
    April 14, 2017 | 9:15 am

As small Business owners, one of our greatest challenges is keeping our ‘sales funel’ consistently filled with ideal prospective clients – without new clients, we’d close our doors.
    I’m a simple Gal, so I keep 2 rules:
    1.) talk with 25 people EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. ask them about themselves, get to know them, some of them desperately need you, some don’t. Don’t spend business hours chasing folks who will never appreciate your work
    2.) Love your clients and treat them like your mom/best/friend/etc. I would do anything for my clients and they know it. I know their pets’ names, grandkids (or grandparents) birthdays, where they’re going on vacation, etc. I care about them and they matter deeply to me. My clients are my best referral sources because they know I’ll love their friend/coworker/family member as much as they do.
    Like I said, I’m pretty simple. 25 + Love
    Happy Good Friday!

3. Kim Beasinger
    April 14, 2017 | 11:56 am

I enjoy the personal approach. I keep abreast of the new plumbers and agents in our service area. I like to contact them and meet with them so we can get to know each other and see if we may be of service to each other.
    I often hold breakfasts and luncheons in plumbing warehouses or attend relevant Expos in order to meet new prospects.

4. Yvette D. Best
    April 14, 2017 | 6:04 pm

I ensure new clients for my business by continually educating others about taxes. Tax planning is a year-long event, the more planning, the best the results — a bigger refund or less tax liability.

Besides referrals, I offer tax planning workshops specific to different occupations (lawyers, realtors, online sales, authors, etc.). I write articles for my tax blog and other publications and publish informational Facebook Live and YouTube videos. Also, I network with other business groups and organizations.

5. Venis L Sims
    April 15, 2017 | 8:39 am

We are all about referral business from current clients and customers at Edgewood Realty Group. We provide an experience that they just can’t help talking about! We have recently added the use of Send Out Cards and social media campaigns to our marketing action plan.

6. Robert Jones
    April 15, 2017 | 9:46 am

I engage business owners in conversations about their company. Once I understand how I am able to help them grow I point it out to them. Once I am engaged with them I ask for referrals.

I market through blogging, word-of-mouth, and mailers. I think like most people word-of-mouth is my most effective.

7. Kay Smith
    April 15, 2017 | 10:37 am

I teach my clients, friends and family how to refer to me as well. There is no reason that a specific one minute speech can’t work on everyone. I post my one minute speeches to my social media outlets and have received some great feedback from them. You also have to get out there and meet new people. The more people that know what you do, the more business that you bring in.

8. Ebonique Barber
    April 15, 2017 | 1:33 pm

I am really big and maybe overly passionate about effective communication. This tends to be a huge benefit in my line of business as I am constantly interacting with not only my customers, but my customer’s clients’ and customers’ as well.

If I have a potential/existing customer, business associate, friend, or prospect compliment me on my services, I thank them and ask if they know anyone else who could benefit from the service. I set a weekly goal for myself with this method, and have become more specific in who I am looking for. I also enjoy face to face interactions, so I make it a point to visit businesses and speak with the decision maker to educate them about my services, as well as utilize a call list.

Marketing methods that I use are:
    In my brochures I have now added customer testimonials to highlight the benefits of using my services. I have also recently become involved in public speaking events, and attending at least 1 networking event a week to build relationships and educate on the value of my services. I also use this as an opportunity for me to get to know businesses and vice versa.

For customers who have used my services or even inquired about my services, I send personal emails thanking them for their business/consideration while briefly highlighting new or existing services that could be of use to them.

As a courier delivery service, my customers depend on not only a seamless delivery experience, but a reliable and professional company they can trust. I make it a point to be proactive in communication not only in receiving their business and throughout fulfillment, but also after business is complete, so that they always have in mind that they have a preferred go-to person for my line of work…which leads to continuous opportunities for them to refer me.

Ebonique Barber
    4th Quarter Logistics Solutions, LLC

9. Sean Collins
    April 15, 2017 | 3:59 pm

As a residential and commercial business owner, I have the luxury of visiting someone home every day. Often, a client will say that he/she is a business owner. When the situation occurs, a green light goes on to invite them to the meeting.
    Furthermore, as a homeowner, we have worked performed quite often. If the service is performed outstandingly, an invite to PowerCore is granted for potential membership

10. Joey Martin
    April 15, 2017 | 10:20 pm

Retirement planning is necessary, but it is a topic most people would prefer to delay. To keep new clients coming into my door, I have to make sure my potential client understand the dire consequences that will result from a failure to plan. To keep new clients coming into my door, I use every free advertising medium at my disposal and I host a monthly Personal Financial Management seminar.

11. Diane Morris
    April 15, 2017 | 11:11 pm

I use several methods to communicate how my business can help their business. For example. I met with the following power core business owners so far: video grapher, photographer, business coach, marketing expert,and realtor. Because my business helps entrepreneurs build their personal brand from the inside out and head to toe, the power core members can help their clients see the value of looking and feeling their best when they invest in their service.It is all about collaboration and assuring our clients receive the best value added resources in our tool box. My main sources of attracting referrals includes attending networking events, started an email auto responder series to provide more value to those clicking on my website and will be posting my testimonials on my site in the near future.

12. Dr. Jacqueline Harris
    April 15, 2017 | 11:36 pm

Aside from using my Power Core contacts for referrals to my business, I try to personally reach out to potential patients (clients) through several other networking organizations and through my involvement with my local community.

The marketing strategies I use range from radio & newspaper advertisements, to just old fashioned “word-of-mouth”.

13. Bo Riddle
    April 18, 2017 | 12:41 am

After Several months of attending weekly PC meetings and attending the various workshops that Wendy offered, two things became very apparent to me.
    First, I knew more about the business I am in than I thought I did. This came to me as I generated weekly informiniutes and met with teammates and other folks for coffee/lunch.
    Secondly, I knew less about the makeup and data characteristics of my clients than I thought I did. Specifically, the best client workshop got me thinking a little differently about potential clients and lead generation.

PowerCore has not really helped me with the delivery side of my business but it has helped me tremendously with the process of client identification and acquisition. My teammates are also an invaluable advisory board for my business. They are always willing to take some time to chat with me and give me feedback. PC has helped me to identify, my team has helped me to fully invest and believe in the process in place. That allows to me to focus on working the process confident that results ( new clients and assignments) will follow.

14. Jeff Smith
    April 18, 2017 | 11:54 am

I cold call owners looking for off market properties that may want to sell, or may need help in management or leasing of the property. The best way to ensure clients is to keep getting property buy, sell, manage or lease listings. Listing make the phone ring with prospects looking for our services.The two methods go hand in hand.

15. Rebecca Brizi
    April 19, 2017 | 7:23 am

When your service is Knowledge, nobody clicks and buys online. A website, a business card: these are single steps in a longer journey to building the client relationship. To build a stream of clients I have to continuously nurture two main things: my network and my credibility within that network.
    I take a structured approach, breaking down my network into Current, -> online, -> in person, and focus on regular meetings, emails and video calls; and New, -> referrals, -> targeted (or cold calling/emailing). I ensure I touch a minimum of one of these four every single day. The second area is Credibility which I manage in speaking & writing engagements, my own blog and social media interactions, and of course every conversation & email with my network.

I look forward to the PowerCore workshops on GateOpeners and Best Client identification to help me further target my approach in both areas (network & credibility).

16. Tammy Howard
    April 19, 2017 | 10:35 am

I believe I receive most of my referral from past clients. My goal is Red rose service from beginning to end.