Accuracy: Straight Lines

Referral Trigger for the week of October 8
What to DO to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Speed Square | Purpose: Accuracy
Conversation lead by the: Marietta Square Team (100% responses achieved)

and A speed square allows a builder to make quick, confident, straight lines.

Share a characteristic that makes you confident there is a straight line of connection between a client and the Member you are referring them to.

25 Responses to Accuracy: Straight Lines
  1. Philip Ladin
    October 5, 2018 | 9:31 am

As an attorney, I work with clients who may need to sell or refinance their own during the divorce process. Many times, I am able to call Scott Tufford, ReMax Real Estate Agent to help me get an idea of the value of the home or how to list the home and Jim McKinney, United Community Bank Mortgage Broker to understand how my client can refinance the marital residence.

In both cases, I can usually speak directly with Scott or Jim while my client is still in my office, which expedites the process

2. Wendy Kinney
    October 5, 2018 | 2:17 pm

When I refer to Paul Shimek I say
    “You’ll never wonder what’s going on — because 20 minutes before you think of a question he’ll be calling you with the answer.”

Paul’s consistent persistent follow-through makes me unquestionably comfortable endorsing him.

3. John Hyatt
    October 8, 2018 | 9:46 pm

For me its about feeling confident the team member will be quick to respond and follow up. I call it “showing up available” for a dependable timely response. For example, Scott Tufford followed up immediately with a friend of mine who has having a problem with her current real estate agent and her dependability. Scott’s professional response and demonstration of his ability to “show up available” for my referral was the measurement of success in making the referral.

4. Chris Duncan
    October 8, 2018 | 11:06 pm

I believe that quality of service is extremely important. The old saying that you get what you pay for is very true. A quality service is worth paying more for. That’s why when I refer to Jon Lamont at Legendary Renovations I stress the quality workmanship and service they offer. The fact that they are licensed builders and all their crews are insured makes it easy to refer them to people I know and meet.

5. Ben Clark
    October 9, 2018 | 8:55 am

I am really lucky to be on a team that is so easily referrable. Experts in their fields,yes, but more, experts in customer service and in making me look good for referring to them. As a Financial Planner, I delve into all parts of a client’s life and often find they have missing pieces that are outside of my area. They may be in the process of getting divorced without an attorney–big mistake and referral to Phil Ladin. Starting a business without help of an attorney–big mistake and referral to Cheryl Richardson. Refinancing need? Jim McKinney. Downsizing home? Scott Tufford. Buying a house and in need of closing attorney? Lynn Nelson. And on and on. I know I am referring them to people that not only can help them, but WILL help them. Doing so is part of my job and having so much quality on my team makes it easy for me.

6. John Trybalski
    October 9, 2018 | 9:18 am

Professionalism is key to me. I know that when I refer someone to a member of our team that they will be treated with respect and benefit from that member’s expertise. I know when I refer a client to Debbie Waldrep for auto and home insurance they will receive proper counsel and guidance among the many companies available because of her independence. I know that when I refer a colleague for printing services from Chris Duncan that they were receive a quality product due to his knowledge and experience. Every member of our team is a professional at what they do.

7. Beth Hilbert
    October 9, 2018 | 9:25 am

The confident straight line comes from each members behavior. As I get to know each one of the members on my team, I develop an awareness of their personality and behavior. When they show me that they are dependable, responsible, timely and people of integrity, I know they will follow through and provide the service that will show the client that my referral was valid. This will build a solid foundation for future referrals.

8. Jim McKinney
    October 9, 2018 | 9:53 am

When I’m working with a new prospect buying a home one of the first items I ask for is there Homeowners insurance. I let them know that I work with a great professional and an expert in her field in Debbie Waldrep of Worley Shilling and Randall. Insurance has changed so much thru the years that it is imperative that you have a great professional who takes the tine to review and analyze all the cover ages needed for both home and auto. Debbie always does a thorough analysis and listens to the my client which result in a very positive experience which ends up making me look good for referring to her..

9. Anthony Bonanni
    October 9, 2018 | 9:54 am

The characteristic I value most on my team is passion. In my book, passion is one of the best characteristic a person can have. It’s doing the right thing, doing it the right way, at the right time, every time…all because it makes ya feel good! I see it when Chris Duncan(KMH Graphics) scraps an entire batch of customized shirts just because he didn’t think it was his best work, the client never would have known. Maybe it’s Danielle Fawaz(Paychex Payroll) who drove over an hour each way so she could personally on board a restaurant client. Heck, Scott Tufford(REMAX) has been on the Marietta Square Team over 20 years and still shows an exciting passion for real estate. The passion my team displays gives me absolute confidence in referring clients. No matter how tangled the mess I know a team member will get it right.

10. Raymond Jackson
    October 9, 2018 | 10:13 am

You ever called a team member to let them know of a referral, to make that connection at that moment or to make sure they can even help and you get their voicemail and it feels like all the air just went out of your ballon. Well, that has never happen to me. Because of the straight line of communication strategy that our team practices. When we see it’s another member calling we just automatically answer. Which makes us both look good in front of their potential new client. Also helps to make the referral process move in the right direction. And it just shows the genuine respect that we have for each other.

11. Dr. Branden Evans
    October 9, 2018 | 10:19 am

The members on our team do a great job of educating the rest of us about their skills and how they can help the people we refer. The infominutes are very important but we also get to learn so much more during the coffee’s and really get to hear more about that team member on a personal level. When I make a connection it’s always easier to tell the potential client that “Ben Clark is a great financial advisor but he’s a good person, I’ve know how he is with his family, etc…” Being able to add a personal statement seems to take away some hesitation and streamline the connection.

12. Debbie Waldrep
    October 9, 2018 | 10:42 am

As a Property and Casualty Insurance agent I work closely with our Real Estate team (Scott Tufford, Realtor; Jim McKinney, Mortgage Loan Officer; Lynn Nelson, Closing Attorney). By building our credibility as a team of professionals, we earn the trust of our clients which enables us to refer to others on our Team. A good example is a client who, through the insurance process of getting quotes for their new Home, mentions the updates they are planning to do. This gives me the opportunity to refer Jon LaMonte of Legendary Renovations. I know that Jon’s integrity and quality workmanship will welcomed by the client. The dots connect!!

13. Lynn Nelson
    October 9, 2018 | 1:16 pm

Knowledge and expertise in their fields makes referring my PowerCore teammates a straight line connection. I can make a quality connection since I know my teammates commitment to their business, and their appreciation for referrals.

14. Jon LaMonte
    October 9, 2018 | 8:03 pm

Because of the relationships I have built with my team mates, when a referral opportunity arises, I know if their personality or style will be a good fit for that connection. Just because there is a referral opportunity doesn’t mean its a good fit for either end of the connection.

15. Armond Willis
    October 9, 2018 | 8:29 pm

Knowledge and expertise in their respective fields makes it easy to refer. Also when I get the vibe that they view people as people and not just business transactions.

16. Martrez Carter
    October 10, 2018 | 12:36 am

The confident straight line comes from my teammates Professionalism and knowledge. Learning more about my teammates rather on 1-on-1 or during there 7 minute presentation. It makes it very easy to referral them to my client and I can always say something more personal to show there credibility.

17. Keith Early
    October 10, 2018 | 1:06 am

Being on the Marietta Square PowerCore Team makes it easy to give referrals because we have many people that are hardworking, knowledgeable, professionals.
    As a CPA, I work with the financial aspect of my client’s life, therefore I have to maintain the highest level of credibility. I know that when I refer a team member to one of my clients, that referral is a reflection on my credibility. I have to know that the team member knows what they are doing, and they do what they say.

18. Scott Tufford
    October 10, 2018 | 9:57 am

I find it very easy to refer my team members because I am confident that they have a “client first” mentality. I know for certain that Jim McKinney will consult with my home buyer about the right type of loan for them instead of trying to sell them.
    Consulting is about the client. Selling is all about the the person attempting to make a sale.

19. Cheryl Richardson
    October 10, 2018 | 10:49 am

Genuineness.

Before I refer a client, I get to know my team members to understand how they truly view what they do, how they do their job and they interact with prospects. If a referral isn’t going to feel that the team member genuinely cares about what they do, the quality of their work or providing the best service or support, then the connection will fail.

I always feel confident in referring Chris Duncan. When Chris does his 7 minute presentations, I find myself mesmerized by his work, his knowledge and his genuine love for his craft. My referrals will see that as well.

20. Nick barzegar
    October 10, 2018 | 12:00 pm

The professionalism our team members hold gives me all the confidence in referring them out to people I find needing one of my members services. I am lucky to be on such a great team where everyone shows the most outstanding professionalism I have seen in all the different industries our team holds.

21. Paul Shimek
    October 10, 2018 | 3:02 pm

As an attorney with over 30 years experience in personal injury law, I look after the best interest of my clients. If they have a need for other services, PowerCore is a great resource. We are fortunate to have a team with so many classifications, and I have done business with many of my team members over the years. When they do a good job for me, I am confident referring my clients to them, citing my own experience. Keith Early is an example. He has been my CPA ever since he joined our team. He is the most knowledgeable accountant I have ever come across, and he’s always available to advise.

22. Lisa Marie Papp
    October 10, 2018 | 5:08 pm

Being in the technology field has taught me knowledge is powerful. Having knowledge & understanding of my PowerCore partners allows me to portray confidence to the client that my referral partner can be trusted, will give you optimal service & there is creditibility.
    Utilizing examples from my referral partners InfoMinute & Presentation can help establish confidence with the client that the referral partner would understand their need.
    Knowledge is powerful.

23. Danielle Fawaz
    October 10, 2018 | 5:22 pm

These figurative “straight lines” can come in many forms because of the range of services we offer, but when it comes to referring my client to one of our members, a consultative approach to providing that service speaks volumes to not only their level of knowledge, but their empathy with my clients’ buying position.

When my clients display a need for a service, it is always because that service is not something they should or do have a thorough understanding of. It is always a straight line opportunity when the member that i’m referring to, houses that consultative approach as opposed to a transactional one, for trust is the key to loyal, long term relationship.

24. Judy Crawford
    October 11, 2018 | 6:46 am

We are all busy business
    Owners, but knowing i can connect my clients woth a team member thats an expert in their field makes me look good. The confidence that places in my clients mind makes it easyvgo maje those connections.

25. Judy Crawford
    October 11, 2018 | 6:47 am

We are all busy business
    Owners, but knowing i can connect my clients woth a team member thats an expert in their field makes me look good. The confidence that places in my clients mind makes it easy to make those connections.