Mark A Straight Line: Plumb

Referral Trigger for the week of December 17
What to DO to GIVE Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Chalk Box | Purpose: Mark A Straight Line
Conversation lead by the: Peachtree Corners Team (100% responses achieved)

and A chalk box can be used to mark a straight line and it can be used as a plumb bob.

Choose one Member at the table and describe two clients you referred to this person for two different purposes.

12 Responses to Mark A Straight Line: Plumb
  1. Mark Magee
    December 14, 2018 | 10:51 am

While you cannot see me, I am pointing to Vance Blew, our mortgage person. As a Financial Advisor, I meet and advise clients on all aspects of their finances, including paying off Debt or consolidating debt. I have sent clients to Vance who needed to Refinance their loans in order to consolidate some other debt or to get a better rate. I have also sent clients to him who are thinking of selling their home and purchasing a bigger home. I always tell them to make sure they are pre qualified for the new home before they sell the current home and Vance does a great job in prequalifying them and counseling them on what to do to clean up their credit or bills.

2. Michael O'Neill
    December 14, 2018 | 11:19 am

I have referred myself and a client to Di Smith, the insurance agent on my team. When I bought my house two years ago, Di provided me with the best combination of homeowner’s and auto insurance to protect me. She informed me of a discount when I told her that the roof was only a year old, and she quickly provided coverage for the backyard shed when I requested it- at no additional charge.

Being a real estate attorney, some of my clients are investors. One of these investors bought a house for cash for rental purposes, but he did not purchase hazard insurance. I knew that Di would be the right person for him to shop for coverage since she has more than a dozen companies at her disposal. With the quick resolution of a real estate litigation issue and a referral to Di, my client now has the ability to focus on renting the property.

3. Vance Blew
    December 14, 2018 | 11:39 am

For Real Estate Attorney Michael O’Neill  with Carol Clark Law. I referred a Real
    Estate Broker, who is also a Builder to Michael for ongoing Real Estate Closing
    business. The broker was looking for a new closing attorney to most of his
    business with and Michael was the perfect fit.

I also referred a Mortgage Loan client of mine to Michael
    on a For Sale by Owner transaction that they worked on with a neighbor of
    theirs.  I wanted to be sure that they had good advice and a good contract
    through the whole purchase transaction. He helped them with the contract and
    walked all parties through the necessary legal requirements and we had a quick
    closing.

Michael is an excellent resource for the myriad of questions
    that come up relating to Real Property transactions in Georgia and I am always
    confident when referring a client to him that they will be served with the best
    information for their specific situation.

4. Di Smith
    December 14, 2018 | 12:35 pm

For Real Estate investments needs, I often refer Dru Ferris with Keller Williams Realty. His expertise, attention to detail and network of professionals ensures that his clients get the home of their dreams.

A few months ago, he helped my clients Kristen and Russell Matherly with getting a roof inspection for their home AFTER their closing. Without this inspection, their Homeowners insurance coverage was at risk and they were facing an increase on their premium rates. Dru went above and beyond his real estate duties for them, and with the help of his trusted network of professionals, he was able to refer David Staley from Peachtree Corners Roofing to the Matherlys. The roofing company provided their service and a certified letter explaining that their roof is in great condition. This document satisfied the request made by the insurance company. Kristen and Russell were able to keep the preferred pricing insurance home policy.

Dru Ferris with Keller Williams Realty is a true professional. He is always passionate about serving his clients not only during the home buying process, but also after they have become homeowners. I’m always happy to refer my family members, friends and clients to him because I know they will get the best of the very best.

5. Dru Ferris
    December 14, 2018 | 1:32 pm

At the beginning of 2018 I set up an S Corp for my Real Estate sales business, and needed to establish a business bank account. For that purpose I went straight to Melanie Strickland, the Sr. Relationship Manager at Synovus – Johns Creek. Melanie quickly set me up with the low cost business account I needed and got all my access cards and checks on the way to me. Melanie and Synovus do a great job for me, fitting my needs perfectly. Synovus has branches that are convenient to me, and the on-line access for records, transactions, etc give me the reporting power I need. Melanie is a great referal to that small business owner that wants a personal touch banker.

6. staci sokol
    December 14, 2018 | 5:30 pm

In working with older adults, I need individuals in my network that understand the mindset and capabilities, of the geriatric population. As the newest member of the Peachtree Corners Team, Tamara Stringer, owner of Destiny Solutions,an online personal shopping company, is such a huge support for my clients.
    Tamara goes into assisted living facilities and teaches my clients and other community members how to safely use the internet and how to surf the web. Together we will be growing the computer knowledge and awareness of seniors in assisted living communities.
    In addition, Tamara Stringer, owner of Destiny Solutions, teaches my clients and other community members how to feel MORE included in society rather than excluded. For example, Tamara will help them shop online, by narrowing the choices, which immediately makes the task manageable, and allows individuals to feel accomplished in this cyber world.

7. Derand Walker
    December 14, 2018 | 6:17 pm

Working with Small Business Owner I come into contact with a wide range of clients with many different needs. Mark Magee is a great resource handling client financial service needs. I referred Mark to our office to speak on Financial growth and long term investments.
    Di Smith is also a great resource with handing multiple areas of insurance for clients. Di is able to assist in our personal needs as well as our business needs.

8. Derand Walker
    December 14, 2018 | 6:29 pm

Mark Magee can also able to guide my client and educate them on the best plans for their retirement. Mark is able to give them clear plans on understanding what is need for then safe planning of their retirement.

9. Tamara Stringer
    December 15, 2018 | 10:41 pm

As personal shopper, I sometimes come across individuals (usually older/less internet savvy) who are afraid to use their general debit card for online purchases. So, Melanie is a natural referral for those individuals, as her bank has a pre-paid debit card that they can load and re-load with specific amounts of cash, and feel more comfortable to shop online using.

Also, as a cancer survivor myself, I am passionate about working with chemo patients or patients convalescing from surgeries. I often visit assisted living & rehabilitation facilities. So, naturally I every once in a while come across people (individuals or family) who are struggling with handling the dynamics of a loved one who is transitioning or has transitioned into an end of life phase. Staci is surly someone who I will be referring to individuals dealing with that type of transition.

10. Elwood Hemming, IV
    December 17, 2018 | 9:43 am

I work with a lot of home owners and have a family and are looking to plan for their future and at a lose and ask if I know some one that can help. I refer them to Mark Magee because I know he will take care of them and get them on the right path to a bright future.

11. Melanie Strickland
    December 18, 2018 | 9:59 am

In my position at Synovus Bank, I work with a wide variety of clients. For those parents bringing in their teenager who’ve just gotten their driver’s license and have come to me to open their first checking account, the first person I think of is Di Smith. This is the perfect time for that parent to shop for new car insurance, because we all know what adding a teenager to your policy can do to your rates.
    For the new small business owner, I know Di will take great care of them and make sure they get just the right type of coverage for their type of business.

12. Lisa Ann Landry
    December 20, 2018 | 8:30 am

When Melinda Sylvester, the president of the Greater Georgia Black Chamber of Commerce asked me if I knew of anyone who could help the chamber with social media market I recommended Delray Nelson at Bizography Inc. Since they provide Web Design and Digital Marketing services to small and medium-sized businesses. I thought it would be a perfect fit. I’m currently sending a lead from LinkedIn ProFinder for a company in Cummings, Georgia looking for so Social Media Consultant another great fit for Delray.