Stability: Straight Edge

Referral Trigger for the week of January 21
What to DO to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Level | Purpose: Stability
Conversation lead by the: Sandy Springs Team

and It’s convenient for a builder to use a level as a straight edge.

That’s not the purpose of a level, it’s an extra benefit.

Share something you do with your clients that creates an extra benefit for them – a benefit that isn’t integral to your purpose or product

17 Responses to Stability: Straight Edge
  1. Debra Donaldson Scott
    January 21, 2019 | 10:48 am

Often clients are members of the “sandwich generation” – dealing with kids at home or in college, elderly parents suddenly having health and financial issues, and simultaneously trying to manage their own lives and financial issues – it can be overwhelming and almost everyone involved has an agenda. I forward an objective, fact based PDF from the Governor’s Office of Consumer Affairs which offers guidelines for elder issues along with 800 numbers for organizations and departments offering guidance and assistance for problems. Other than being compassionately concerned, I know my clients’ families really benefit from not being scammed even if I do not hold their parents assets.

2. Lisa Landry
    January 22, 2019 | 12:22 pm

I’ve been told by branding is cliché “concierge health insurance agent.” Ouch! So I thought I would share what a concierge health insurance agent acts like.

The private healthcare plans I offer are ideal for small business owners and families. Most people in either of these groups are so busy they hardly have time to check emails much less read them. Consequently, they miss the email that provides the details to register and login to http://www.myUSHG.com to print medical cards and view PPO Network Providers.

As an added benefit I register the account for them and send the login details by text. I do the same thing for them with their MDLive account. If you are in the market for healthcare coverage I’m delighted to assist you 602-793-9071.

3. Erin Stone
    January 22, 2019 | 3:02 pm

One benefit I offer my clients is to help them feel safe and protected during their case. My client Karen has been dealing with threats, harassment and stalking from her husband, and she is convinced that he is spying on her somehow. I told Karen that in her situation, a little paranoia is probably a healthy thing. We had a detailed discussion of all the things that Karen can do to prevent her soon to be ex-husband from spying on her. We discussed new passwords for her email and social media accounts, new passwords or new accounts for all of her devices like her iPad and iPhone and iCloud account, new alarm codes and changing the locks. We also talked about how her home computer and home Wi-Fi are set up and whether she has security cameras at the home. I’m not a security expert, but I have had enough experience with spouses that spy on each other that I know a lot of the ways that it can happen and a number of ways that one party can allow access to their private lives without realizing it. Karen left feeling more confident that she could protect her own privacy and safety.

4. Randy Garrett
    January 22, 2019 | 3:17 pm

An extra benefit as it’s viewed by my clients and the agents they are working with is I perform a complete review of all dctn and perform a manual underwrite of a buyer’s mortgage file, addressing any aspects of concern with underwriting mgt prior to issuing a pre-qual letter rather than leaving it up to the formal underwrite to determine if my borrower is not qualified. This has given me a 100% closing record over the 16yrs in the mortgage brokerage business. This not only provides a seamless and assured loan closing but also safeguards my clients against wasted expense of home inspection and appraisal if they don’t qualify by personally determining it upfront.

5. Eric Jensen
    January 22, 2019 | 3:18 pm

We assist our clients with paying their medical bills, but that is not our primary function. Our primary function is to assist our clients with recovering money to cover the damages they may have suffered in a auto wreck, a fall, or some other traumatic event. Most of our clients incur medical bills but have no health insurance or means to pay them. In almost every case we negotiate reductions of our clients’ medical bills, and pay those bills from the proceeds of the settlement. That benefits our clients’ in two ways 1. the reductions put more money in the clients’ pockets, and 2. the clients don’t have to deal with the logistics of actually sending out checks to pay several different medical providers (which is the last thing anyone would want to be bothered with at the end of an injury case).

6. Amy Yarkoni
    January 22, 2019 | 3:24 pm

When someone has experienced first hand the role and duties of acting as an Executrix/Executor or Personal Representative, s/he is often very motivated to ensure her/his family is provided with planning that is both thoughtful and as cost and time efficient as possible to execute. When we are serving estate planning clients it is our goal to ensure not only that the person planning understands who their natural bounty (family), what assets and property s/he owns or has rights to, and to whom it will be left, but just how those individuals named to act in key roles will have to act and the potential timing and cost of an administration or probate of the estate. This helps clients think about the importance of the availability, proximity, familiarity and traits of the person being appointed to carry out his or her legacy. The conversations leave the clients with a better understanding of what will happen if there is a death and how his or her loved one will be supported at that time.

7. Joe McGhee
    January 22, 2019 | 3:24 pm

I provide my clients with more than legal transaction services; I also provide my business acumen that I have learned as a business owner and corporate executive before I became a lawyer. Whenever I have the opportunity to provide some “free” business consulting or advice I gladly do so.

8. Nance Donaldson
    January 22, 2019 | 3:47 pm

As a commercial real estate broker it is my job to assist business owners in locating and negotiating the best deal for their office or warehouse space. Once they move into the new space, I set up a rent payment schedule and key date tracker for them so they can track the important trigger dates that may be hidden in their lease. My busy clients enjoy the peace of mind that comes from not having to worry about missing an important renewal date or termination deadline that is located on Page 45 of the lease.

9. YOUNG, BECKYE SCHKLAR
    January 22, 2019 | 10:43 pm

In the past few weeks, we have had new clients to the office that are in their early 20s; first time to have taxes filed. In addition to obtaining information needed for tax preparation, I have given lessons in what forms you fill out to send a package certified mail (and what that means), the difference between use tax and sales tax, the difference in income tax, FICA, FUTA/SUTA, how to fill out the W-4/G-4 and why it is a good idea to have a few paper checks and how to order these. None of these “lessons” were part of tax code, financial preparation, etc, but life lessons that are part of being in the work force. This was a “free” benefit, definitely not integral to the service we provide; just seemed to be beneficial information to impart to the client.

10. Lisa Wrenn
    January 23, 2019 | 11:13 am

As a residential real estate agent, I am helping my clients with the most significant purchase of their life, many times. My calm demeanor and wealth of resources help them to be calmer during the transaction. Up front, I provide referrals to mortgage lenders who can help them through the process. Once we are in negotiations after the inspection I provide them with the contractors and vendors they want or need to get that house in the condition they want it. I feed them the information they need to know, as they need to know it in order to not overwhelm them. I have the full arsenal of professionals to cover any service they need in the purchase of their home and afterwards, if they want to make changes. I stay in touch, long after the transaction is completed and they typically come to me for most of their referrals, even if they aren’t related to the house.

11. John Kimbell
    January 23, 2019 | 11:57 am

Sending and receiving funds to and from customers by wire transfer is a guarantee of good funds present for timely closing transactions.

The additional benefit of sending funds out to customers by wire for their proceeds is that they receive immediate credit with their banking institution.

12. Stephen N Cohen
    January 23, 2019 | 2:24 pm

Cohen Services is a catering and event planning company. `We do small drop off lunches for companies and large holiday events for companies that can be well over 600 guests during the holidays. Some times, how ever, for a home event I will allow a host to hire my staff on a direct basis with no food involved. While I do not make any money on such a deal, my staff stays busy and the host does not have to work the party. It always turns out to be a win win.

13. Alex Garcia
    January 23, 2019 | 3:11 pm

We ask a lot of open ended questions to make sure we are not only uncovering all their needs but making sure we are not leaving them open to any liability issues or risks.

14. Rob Burgner
    January 23, 2019 | 3:39 pm

I have clients that will come to me for specific marketing tasks like website design or video production and want to provide their own written content for the site, or script for the video. After years of writing marketing copy and developing storyboards and scripts, I find it impossible not to edit copy if it can be made more persuasive, more concise or more engaging. I don’t charge for the rewrites if they were not in the original scope of work, but my goal is always to make the end product the absolute best it can be.

15. Barry Kaplan
    January 23, 2019 | 5:12 pm

In a word, I try to be a “shield” to help my clients fend-off unexpected blows to their businesses. How does that work?

Initially, clients come to me seeking intellectual property (patent, trademark, copyright) -related legal services. What I’ve noticed, though, is that clients really want someone they know and trust—on a personal level—to understand their business and to have their backs in an objective, sophisticated, rational, informed, and transparent way.

How do I help fill this need? I believe I’m somewhat unique amongst IP attorneys: I’ve been a practicing engineer in a large company; I’ve been a multi-time business owner; I’ve practiced law in fields beyond pure IP; I’ve served on diverse Boards of Directors; and, I’ve frequently mentored other professionals, in and out of my field. Each of these experiences allows me to identify potential problems, to bring those potential problems to the management team for early consideration, and to make recommendations for cost and time -effective solutions, (hopefully) well before something minor can turn into a crisis.

Of course, my effectiveness depends, in no small part, on the degree to which clients are willing to involve me in the day-to-day operations and details of their businesses. Those clients who most frequently take advantage of my diverse skill set, experience, and knowledge really seem to appreciate my efforts in acting as a resource, a sounding board, and a trusted “partner” to help them uncover blind spots and to offer gap-filling resources, referrals, recommendations, and assistance. All of this can help my clients “shield” and keep their businesses as safe and secure as possible.

16. Terisha Tatter
    January 24, 2019 | 6:02 pm

As a Massage Therapist clients come to me for pain relief most often caused from poor posture at a desk or a dysfunctional movement pattern.One of the reasons I added Pilates to my practice is so that I can show clients tools that empower them to feel better in their body and offer pain relief OUTSIDE my studio, and IN THE studio, train muscles for more balanced functional movement, length, flexibility, muscle tone, improving sports performance and posture while alleviating pain. As a Massage Therapist I provide a vast understanding of the muscle tissue and Fascial connections that the Pilates community are only starting to learn, let alone palpate(touch). It’s not in a Pilates practitioners scope of practice to touch clients-but since I can, and own my own studio, I can do part massage part pilates sessions when need be. Pilates client Beth came yesterday but said she torqued her shoulder when walking the dog. I massaged her for half the session and pilates the other half…she told me today her shoulder feels great! That’s another benefit I offer clients. My clients know that when they put my tools, techniques, skills and training into their own practice, they can enjoy better drives on the golf course, more stamina on the tennis courts, hiking Stone Mountain without pain and playing with their grandchildren on the floor.

17. David Ellner
    January 25, 2019 | 11:00 pm

As a business appraiser, a client of mine is often focused on the final answer. I will provide that answer; however, I will also take the time to discuss the process with my client. It is helpful for a business owner to know the analysis behind the answer. As a client / business owner learns more about how I estimate value in their industry and for their particular business, they can take that information into consideration as they look towards future opportunities.