Accurate: Precise

Referral Trigger for the week of February 4
What to SAY to GET Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Laser | Purpose: Accurate
Conversation lead by the: Sugarloaf Team

and A builder uses a laser because it’s precise.

Tell us about an area of your business where it’s important to be precise.

Give an example of a client who had a good outcome because you were precise.

What was their initial problem? What, precisely, did you notice and change?  What was their outcome because you were precise.

17 Responses to Accurate: Precise
  1. Sandi Horne
    February 3, 2019 | 8:59 am

I have a customer that was pre diabetic and has slightly elevated blood pressure. By adding Juice Plus, the power of 30 wholefood fruits, vegetables and berries she has been able to nsturally bring down all these health point markers within a few months. Its a simple change, but life chan changing.

2. Rebecca Brizi
    February 3, 2019 | 11:41 am

After every meeting with a client I send a report with notes of everything we discussed.
    My clients rely on these notes to point out:
    – What we discussed
    – What we learned together
    – What the next steps are, and
    – How it all impacts their business.

My clients rely on these reports, sending precise and reliable meeting notes is key to a fruitful outcome.

3. Robert Jackson
    February 4, 2019 | 10:48 am

When I work with a client on their retirement planning, we have to make sure that we have allocated their assets in the right investments. First for their risk tolerance and second to make sure they will have enough income to live on for the duration of their life.
    One of my older clients had most of her assets lined up for retiring in the next couple of years, but had an annuity that another broker (her mother had made her use) had sold her for future income. As we already had that piece of the puzzle covered, we had to move that money into another investment that would actually work with her current portfolio in order to maximize her retirement. Now it’s 4 years later and she has all of her boxes checked for retirement and has been receiving more income than she was set to get prior to re-allocating her money.

4. Patty Williamson
    February 4, 2019 | 11:30 am

In the mortgage industry most everything we do needs to be precise. When I first talk with a client to qualify them for a mortgage I will not only review their credit and loan application, but I also find it important to verify their income by collecting current paystubs and W2s.
    I had a client that was a W2 employee but also received a quarterly bonus. In order to use bonus income we must have a 2 year history of receiving bonuses and average that figure over the 2 years. He provided me a figure that he thought was his average bonus income, however his ratios were really tight. So before advising him to go and look for a home I had his employer complete a verification of employment to make sure we were using the correct income to qualify him for his new home purchase. After receiving the completed VOE we found out he was actually making $2000 more in bonuses than previously thought. This discovery allowed my borrower to qualify for a higher priced home which allowed him to purchase the home, with all the extras he really wanted.

5. Jim Miskell
    February 4, 2019 | 12:07 pm

Precision is the difference between an estate plan that works and one that doesn’t.

Perhaps the most important thing that I do with clients is have conversations with them about themselves, their loved-ones, and their hopes for the future. I give them confidence in me by listening and asking questions. The questions lead to the specific features and provisions that their plan requires. I must be precise in documenting what my clients say and also precise in drafting to turn their hopes into a well-defined script for their future.

A recent client had been recently widowed and came to update her planning. She related, “The goal was to set up a trust to MY specifications . . . and that was achieved. I felt from the beginning that your goal was my total satisfaction with the final product! Kudos to Mr. Miskell and his team!”

That kind of client feedback only comes from keeping laser focus on the wants and needs of clients.

6. Daniel Conroy
    February 4, 2019 | 1:20 pm

Precision is as important as accuracy. One time I was requested to review a survey that another surveyor had prepared. After reviewing the survey as well as the notes and records from the county (tax records, deeds and plats) I found that all was done very well. The math was correct, drawing was to state requirements all neat and tidy. Precision was spot on. Problem was with the accuracy, they had surveyed the wrong lot. The survey was for one two lots from the one they were hired to survey. All the lines matched, lines parallel and corner angles all matched. Just in the wrong location.

7. Mark Lares
    February 4, 2019 | 2:29 pm

In the salon business it is very important to be precise about what services you are going to preform and what the client’s expectation are for what they are paying for.

I had a client who wanted a specific look that she saw on TV show, I was very precise in letting her know the process to achieve that style as well as the up keep and maintenance schedule that would be needed. She appreciates it because she just wanted to wake-up and look like that with very little time in home styling. I had to be very precise in explaining to her that TV Actors don’t just wake-up and look like that.

The problem was understanding the time investment in having a TV show actor’s look, the solution came when I explained how it is possible if you are willing to invest 45 mins in styleing your hair after it is washed at home.

8. Archana (Arch-na) Patel
    February 4, 2019 | 2:42 pm

I have always been a big picture person. While I may speak with my clients about long term insurance vision, I know that getting them there is about numbers. I pay extra attention on the details of their current needs, upcoming expenses, travel or challenges to make sure the life insurance serves them today, ten years from now and even 30-40 years from now. That extra precision is what makes my clients feel comfortable purchasing their protection.
    I make sure that they have the insurance they need when they need it most.

9. Tim Hilmo
    February 4, 2019 | 4:07 pm

A couple of summers ago A great customer, Mr. Builder, called me from Hamilton Mill in his 2 story brick house with a basement, he was complaining that his systems were not cooling his family’s home very good.
    We checked his systems and found that they had been over charged with refrigerant since they were installed. We spent 3 hours to adjust his refrigerant levels to factory specs.
    A 1% refrigerant over or under charge can change the capacity and efficiency of a to be off by a 100 percent plus or minus . The refrigerant charge of a unit is a perfect example of the need for precision..
    Now Mr builder uses our company for all of his heating and air needs for his customers because he realizes that precision is our service.
    Air Conditioning Doctors of America Inc. from Auburn , Ga is the perfect company for precision air conditioning.

10. Steve Goins
    February 5, 2019 | 9:55 am

I am a Commercial Lender and being precise with my credit package can be the difference between being able to make a loan and having to decline one. I had a loan request for a person to acquire land and build a Convenience Store. They sent me all of the tax returns and financial statements that we needed to cash flow. But the projections for the new project didn’t work because the cash flow didn’t support the ability to make the loan payments. After digging in deeper we discovered that there was an executed lease for the additional store front that he was including in his project for a national fast food franchise. And because it was an executed lease, that was additional income that I could use to make his cash flow work. Precision is important in my business to understand the full story and underwrite loans accurately.

11. Sharna Ettinoffe
    February 5, 2019 | 10:49 pm

I am a closing attorney and precise, meticulous review of closing documents is a key function in my practice area. When preparing for the sale of a property it is important while examining title to catch all the names of individuals on existing deeds. Recently, I was given a contract for a property where the ex-husband was the seller, but both he and his ex-wife were vested on the existing deed. The attorney who prepared the quitclaim deeds did not file them in court. So, we had to track down the ex-wife and draft the necessary quitclaim deeds that would allow her ex-husband to be able to sell the property (and all of the remaining properties) giving the buyers a clear, and marketable title.

12. david vanover
    February 6, 2019 | 8:56 am

Doing a security survey requires accuracy and precise planning. Did the property get covered properly? Windows covered? Glass break detectors? Smoke/fire?
    Had a new customer call into Ackerman because he suffered a robbery. They had entered thru the window that was not protected and his system never tripped. We precisely re-designed a his security system with the windows covered properly, glass break detectors and monitored Fire protection. All less than he had been paying.
    And now he’s with a Local central station and has the No Theft Guarantee.

13. Calvin Foster
    February 6, 2019 | 9:42 am

Printing requires accuracy and to be precise I always send my customer a proof so that they can verify the information is correct before I press the Print Button. In the event something is wrong with the printing at least the customer has to ownership of the job they verified.

14. Sandy Varghese
    February 6, 2019 | 4:01 pm

Precision is extremely important in the accounting industry when dealing with financial statements and the IRS. We like to make sure our clients are getting the most money saved with deductions and penalties waived if possible. With there being a multitude of different types of deductions, we make sure to be meticulous. Most recently, our team was able to help 2 separate clients save almost $3,000 each in penalty fees.

15. Skylar Chans
    February 7, 2019 | 12:09 pm

As a real estate professional, it is imperative to be precise in every step along the way from start to finish with my clients, whether they are selling or purchasing a home. In my expertise, the most crucial part of the process where precision is key is during the offer and supplemental contract exhibit process. When writing or reviewing an offer, especially during a multiple offer or “highest and best” situation, it is imperative to closely examine every detail — the tiniest one can make a huge difference and set one offer apart from the rest. Attention and precision to the detail and fine print have benefitted my clients greatly in my career and helps them to have the best possible real estate experience.

16. Lisa Landry
    February 7, 2019 | 9:49 pm

The prospect’s application for health coverage needs to be precise or they will be declined by underwriting.
    Certain conditions and medications can cause an automatic decline if not notated in a way that aligns with the underwriter’s guidelines. Sean, for example, takes medication for anxiety. Initially, I thought he would be declined by underwriting. The problem has to do with who prescribes the medication. Is it prescribed by a physician or a psychiatrist? Underwriting approves mild anxiety under control with medication that’s prescribed by a physician. I made sure that the application detailed this information and Sean’s application was approved.

17. Nick Jones