Continuity: A Chisel has to be Sharpened

Referral Trigger for the week of March 4
What to DO to GIVE Referrals
Builder’s Tool: Maintenance | Purpose: Continuity
Conversation lead by the: Woodlawn Team

and Builders keep their tools sharp – a dull chisel is more dangerous than a sharp chisel.

Give an example from your business of a referral opportunity you look for with every client because you know they’re safer with this referral introduction than without it.

7 Responses to Continuity: A Chisel has to be Sharpened
  1. Amber Oliver
    March 7, 2019 | 10:01 am

Many of my divorce cases deal with division of real property and retirement accounts. I always look for the opportunity to refer my clients to our mortgage broker, realtor, and financial advisor. I know that my clients will benefit greatly and be protected when choosing to work with my referrals. It also makes for an easier completion of the case on my end.

2. Bruce Goldstein
    March 7, 2019 | 11:06 am

If they’re talking to me they care about their financial well being. They trust my opinion because they know I listen and give them objective advice. They all have a hierarchy of needs and as each priority is met we work on the next level. Once they’re investors it becomes protecting what they have with insurance products, estate planning, or having good tax advice. My best clients speak to me throughout the year and this is when I check on on these needs to determine if they need a referral for tax, insurance or legal services.

3. Michael Harrison
    March 8, 2019 | 8:22 am

I have many referral opportunities during my home inspections. It is not uncommon to find different types of issues that need to be further evaluated and fixed. It is so wonderful to have an arsenal (my Powercore business card holder) of reliable people that I can refer to. So when they say “Do you know someone….”, I say “Yes, yes I do!”

4. Nancy Misita
    March 8, 2019 | 10:53 am

When I am working on a mortgage or after it is complete, it is easy to gain a clients trust. It is easy for me to refer to the Insurance agent. After this has been successful, they like to check in with me when they have a need. I usually have a good referral partner. Also, my neighbors know I am in a networking group and call to see if I can refer them to a service they need.

5. Dr. Jason Regis
    March 8, 2019 | 11:29 am

I always look for changes in people’s lives as an opportunity to refer. Change is business, relocating houses, family member moving in town, repair guy, etc. are all keys that the person needs help, and thankfully we have a team of resources!

6. Stephen Dufour, II
    March 8, 2019 | 11:55 am

After my clients sign their application to bind coverage my very next statement to them is “call me before you make a claim”. This allows me to see if the damage they have incurred is worth them filing a claim. It also allows me to refer them to a roofer, contractor, handyman, etc… to assess their damage and likely get the work even if a claim does not need to be filed.

7. Bill Cullo
    March 8, 2019 | 3:08 pm

My open-ended question to be asked is generally going to be “beyond keeping the lights on, paying the bills, etc., what are the priorities for the business/company/organization in the near term as well as on the longer term?” To which comes a wide range and often unexpected set of responses.