Expand Opportunity

Referral Trigger for the week of April 15
What to DO to GET Referrals
Grow: Pollinate | Expand Opportunity

and

Cross pollination increases genetic diversity and stability.

Give an example for your business where you provide the benefit of cross pollination, of diversity and stability, for your clients.

Describe the clients who are most likely to value this benefit.

6 Responses to Expand Opportunity
  1. Melissa Howell
    April 16, 2019 | 10:23 pm

I have learned through coaching by PC member Jeff Bartholomew of Everest Business Coaching that it’s important for me to become friends with my clients. Recently I have helped my clients in other ways than just business; I found a horse boarder for one of them, I found a dog in Chicago for another one who was looking to adopt. And when I went to visit one potential client whose babysitter had called in sick, and this client needed someone to watch her child when one of her clients came in – after me babysitting for 45 minutes, I connected her with someone in my Book Club who runs a babysitting service. I think all clients like to see us as helpful and well-connected!

2. Ryan Williams
    April 17, 2019 | 4:46 am

Web Development is a complex and broad-reaching discipline requiring a plethora of skills and personalities. At The Websuasion Group, we have cultivated a team. Each team member can focus their talents on a specific subset of development. This allows my firm as a whole to offer our clients a depth of knowledge with regard to system architecture, database schema, server-side logic, mobile apps, and user interface design. That level of expertise would not be possible if I were a single programmer trying to do it all – a Jack of all trades and a master of none.

The clients who best benefit from this are successful small businesses who have pushed the limits of their current technology. They are turning away larger, lucrative contracts because they are afraid their system and process cannot service those customers. I can evaluate their current system, understand their niche value proposition, and create a custom technology stack that will scale as they expand to larger customers.  – Ryan Williams, The Websuasion Group

3. Douglas Waterman
    April 17, 2019 | 5:44 pm

One of the major “cross-pollinations” that Waterman Quality offers is a well diversified set of experiences. Process experiences include automotive, electronic, industrial, consumer, ferrous, aluminum, plastics, extrusion, welding, painting, testing and other applications. This wealth of expertise offers the opportunity to successfully apply best practices from unrelated industries to help with the client’s application.

This is really helpful for clients who are singular experts in their particular industry. The diversity of experience provides “outside the box” ideas and applications which can jump start solutions, improvements and efficiencies.

A great example of this dates back over 100 years when Henry Ford visited a meat packing facility in Chicago. Ford noted their continuous process for butchering, or “unassembling,” the animal at subsequent stations. His realization that he could incorporate the same methodologies to assemble his cars allowed him to improve his process efficiencies. The result was lower consumer cost of his cars by nearly 58% (from $825-850 to $345-360) in 8 years, while increasing production by over 2200% (32k to 735k) in 16 years!

Fine print: these results are not indicative of future client performance, nor did Waterman Quality have anything to do with Henry Ford’s epiphany!

4. Lisa Landry
    April 18, 2019 | 9:52 am

Health Insurance is complex making it challenging to understand. There are numerous options and confusing language such as co-pays, deductible, out of pocket max and the list goes on.

Cross-pollinating as a US Health Advisor means being committed to what is in the best interest of the client. That does not mean pushing my product on them or even pushing myself to be their agent.

It means having access to a wide range of options (health insurance, Medicare, guaranteed issue plans, short term plans, etc.) that I can thoroughly explain to the client so that they can make an informed decision.

It may mean recommending another health insurance agent that can better serve their needs when it’s the right thing to do.

Any prospect that is confused about health care coverage can benefit from talking with me as a US HEALTH Advisor. When I’m asked, “how much is your service?” I say, education based marketing costs my client and prospects nothing. What I get in return are marketing warriors who tell their friends, family co-workers to give me a call.

Lisa Ann Landry, US Health Advisor http://www.ushagent.com/lisalandry

5. Diana Crawford
    May 3, 2019 | 9:50 am

We provide bookkeeping services to our business clients because I feel it is imperative that business owners have current, active, readily available financial statements. We keep books up to date within 2-3 days and we use a remote software so clients can access and review their financials at any time. They enter what they want and we do the rest. Clients don’t have to hire full time bookkeepers with limited knowledge when our full-time professionals are always available. We let our clients do what they do best and we will in the gaps.

Diana Crawford, CPA
    Crawford Merritt & Company
    770-972-6393

6. Holly Neumann
    July 11, 2019 | 11:36 am

Because of my 20+ year background in advertising photography I can offer my clients more than just a website.

I am able to advise/project manage/ and even execute photography services including photo editing and retouching, and art direction of photography shoots.

When designing a website I can envision the photography needed and guide the client to the best execution whether it’s guidance of hiring a photographer and art directing the shoot to get the most of it with the site design in mind, or offering guidance on the type of photography needed for them to supply to me.

My home builder client had a specific overall style in mind for his website and I was able to suggest and research stock photography available as well as offer guidelines to their photographer on what kind of photos that we needed on the website.