Rows Create a System

Referral Trigger for the week of July 29
What to SAY to GET Referrals
Grow: Row Markers | Rows Create a System
Conversation lead by the: Marietta Square (100% Qualified)

and A profitable InfoMinute includes a Purple Card – a reason you are good at what you do.

Share something you’ve worked hard
to learn that makes you good at what you do. Tell why you decided this skill is important and describe how this ability benefits both you and your clients.

25 Responses to Rows Create a System
  1. Beth Hilbert
    July 26, 2019 | 11:34 am

I have worked hard at practicing what I preach. I tell others how important it is to build relationships by sending a tangible touch. No sales tactic, send a card with a personal picture of something they posted on Facebook. This is special and they feel special when they receive it. They don’t throw it away and it puts you top of mind. I didn’t practice this the first few years, but I am doing it out of habit now and I’ve seen the results that I tell others they will experience. I am not talking empty words to get a sale.

2. Ben clark
    July 26, 2019 | 11:56 am

Becoming a CFP® Professional is a challenging undertaking. I studied it at Emory and worked very hard to do the course work and then, even harder, to be sure I passed the national Board Exam the first time I took it. Only 50-60% of those taking it normally pass–even after repeated attempts. I learned a lot about Financial Planning and the related skills. Then, I decided to teach it to others. I taught at Emory, Oglethorpe and KSU in their CFP certificate programs. I taught several of these undergraduate level courses. I learned even more as I taught. I honed my skill set as a planner and I also honed my skills as a communicator. That has been invaluable as I teach clients to keep them informed about what we do–and why.

3. Trish Kyger
    July 26, 2019 | 12:09 pm

I always want to be a trusted resource of reliable information for my customers and their families. With so much misinformation about nutrition readily available, I work hard to provide safe resources for my customers. In order to do that, I regularly attend nutrition seminars and lectures and read a variety of books and articles in order to keep a growing list of websites, books, recipes, and even local doctors who value the role nutrition plays in health.

4. Lynn Nelson
    July 26, 2019 | 12:33 pm

I have worked hard to learn what each party at my closing table needs and wants from the closing. The borrowers/buyers, sellers, real estate agents and lenders each have a different stake in the closing. I have learned in my 25 years of closings what they all need and want. This allows everyone to leave the transaction satisfied with the outcome.

5. Chris Duncan
    July 26, 2019 | 12:48 pm

Printing in general I have spent countless hours learning. Weather it was the 1260 class room hours in high school graphic arts, the bachelor’s degree in printing management from Georgia Southern University, the multiple jobs I have held in the printing industry, or the endless hours I spend now reading articles, blogs, or watching you tube videos to keep up to date on technology. I am constantly learning about where the industry is going and the multitude of products and services I can continue to offer my clients. My knowledge of my industry gives my clients the freedom and confidence to approach me with ideas that they have for marketing. Which in turn I can help them implement that idea into reality.

6. Philip Ladin
    July 26, 2019 | 1:29 pm

I am an expert in Georgia Child Support Laws. This is extremely important in all aspects of a custody dispute to protect the best interests of a minor child. Not only have I been hired by other attorneys to testify as an expert witness in aspects of Georgia Child Support Law, I personally created the Georgia Online Child Support Calculator which is used by Judges, Attorneys and lay people throughout the state of Georgia. I have also been responsible to go around the state of Georgia training Judges and Lawyers to ensure that they understand how to use the Child Support Calculator. Most importantly this benefits the minor children that I work with during all custody disputes

7. Scott Tufford
    July 26, 2019 | 2:13 pm

My homes sell for 3.7% more than the Atlanta metro average. On a $300k sale that equates to $11,000 more of hard earned equity that my clients keep in their pocket. This comes from a combination of skills that I have learned over my 24 years as a Realtor. Secondly, I place great importance on educating my clients so that they make informed decisions on what is usually the largest investment of their life.

8. Cheryl Richardson
    July 26, 2019 | 7:18 pm

I take time to learn about whatever business that I’m working with. So if I’m working with a landscaper, I try to research and understand different issues faced by landscapers. That way, when I write a contract or advise the business, I am specifically addressing issues that type of business will face vice general issues.

9. Donna Wise
    July 28, 2019 | 10:08 am

Ever since growing up within an ethnically diverse community, I have worked hard to understand how the global community can come together for the greater good. I worked hard (although it was a lot of fun) to learn four languages, study abroad and work in international business and consulting environments, honing my skills in global business development and strategy. Now as a global shipping service provider, I’m excited to be able to provide that expertise at no charge to all my customers and prospects. #goglobal

10. John Trybalski
    July 28, 2019 | 2:13 pm

I have worked hard over 20 years to learn the various facets of insurance coverage. Whether it is health, life, supplemental or disability. I have designed my fact finding/ questioning to discover needs so I can help my clients satisfy their needs but also protect them against the unknown.

11. Jon LaMonte
    July 29, 2019 | 8:11 am

I have been working with our leadership and life coach John Hyatt on becoming a better critical thinker. It has helped me look at situations from more than just my own perspective, resulting in better solutions that usually work better for everyone. The remodeling process can be very stressful for homeowners. Making sure I am using critical thinking to anticipate, explain, and then deal with issues that arise during the process keeps everyone happy.

12. Jim McKinney
    July 29, 2019 | 8:58 am

I have been in Banking and finance for 25 years and finding ways to my clients achieve the ultimate dream of owning a hone has always been my passion. The training is extensive and there is no substitute for experience, I have been a licensed Loan officer since the implementation for the Dodd Frank Act in 2011 requiring all loan officers be licensed under =state and Federal jurisdictions. My passion is helping my clients maneuver the complicated mortgage process, and to help them throughout the mortgage process and to streamline the paperwork but most importantly making sure my clients are getting the best deal possible with the absolute best terms to fit their financial needs.

13. Eric Gafner
    July 29, 2019 | 9:42 am

When a client is deciding to hire a Handyman to work on their home, they need to know the work will be done safely and correctly. I have worked very hard to be a reliable, dependable and responsible Handyman. I have completed several OSHA safety courses at Georgia Institute of Technology while also becoming an OSHA authorized Instructor. I have also completed the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors exam, ranking in the 95th percentile. These qualifications help to give my clients peace of mind that their home is in good hands and the work will meet their expectations.

14. Debbie Waldrep
    July 29, 2019 | 11:05 am

As an Independent Insurance Agent, I have worked with many companies over the years, both personal and commercial. I have worked hard to learn their products and underwriting and they are all different! Having this knowledge not only helps me to find the best fit for my customer, but it also benefits the customer by educating them on the requirements for coverage and the coverage they need.

15. Armond Willis
    July 30, 2019 | 4:43 pm

Right now there is a significant gap in what high school athletes actually NEED to physically succeed competitively in sport, and what they get delivered to them.

Because we are continually educating not only ourselves as coaches in the private sector, but also educating others through our various platforms, it helps me as a coach better deliver what the athletes actually need, and fulfill the gap.

We specialize in individualizing programs for each athlete even in large group settings, giving them the attention and genuine care they often dont get in their schools.

16. Eric Sapoznik
    July 31, 2019 | 11:19 am

For me, learning commercial real estate was something that I had to learn mostly on my own. The license course and exam for real estate are predominantly based on residential with very little information about commercial. Luckily I have had a few great mentors in the industry like my father, Alberto Sapoznik of the Alpharetta team, and several members at my current KW Commercial office.

One thing that makes me unique is having a photographic memory and being able to retain information very well. I have had to do a lot of learning completely on my own in this industry, and being able to remember a lot of the visuals and information that I see and hear in classes has helped me to become a better agent faster than many in the commercial industry. Many times I go back and reference things that I saw in classes while working with clients. I have taken a lot of continuing education in my first few years to learn as much as I can about this industry from great teachers at the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors.

Another area that makes me unique versus other commercial realtors is I have worked in all of the types of spaces that I help my clients to find. I have held jobs in retail, office and industrial settings so I know of things to look for from the employee stand point that help a business owner make better decisions. This helps them to save money during build outs and make better informed decisions on spaces, which makes my clients happy!

17. Raymond Jackson
    July 31, 2019 | 4:29 pm

So I get it. Everyone thinks they know how to clean. So what I worked hard to learn about was why a particular cleaning chemical did or did not work as advertised. And just what type of fibers that particular carpet was made with to know what’s the best solution to remove that stain. Or why should you only use neutral cleaners on wood flooring. And taking the time to getting certifications in the green cleaning and sustainability arena to better train my cleaning crews and to educate team members and my clients.

18. Lisa Marie Papp
    July 31, 2019 | 4:49 pm

I have taken a personal interest in learning about Cybersecurity. Having the knowledge of how technology works along with understanding how a breach can occur allows me to educate clients to be aware of what to look for & become their own defense. Along with the education I am able to put the necessary securities in place whether software or hardware.
    The final aspect is compliance. Being in compliance is knowing, testing & reporting so when the breach or incident does occur we have a Plan of Action.
    Years prior to starting CSN, I had the forethought SMB & homes will need to trust an IT expert as technology evolved & the hackers become more sophisticated in their attacks. Therefore understanding the hackers & the type of attacks allows me to know what I need to give to my clients.
    Technology is a part of our daily lives, at home & in business, therefore the first offense is CSN to provide the best defense for the home & business.

19. John Hyatt
    July 31, 2019 | 6:11 pm

From 27 years of service in the US Army and as retired Lieutenant Colonel, I learned valuable lessons around leadership, decision-making and problem-solving. I taught all three formally for 8 years. In my coaching practice for leaders, executives, and individuals, many of my clients are looking for insight and empowerment in making important decisions in their professional and personal lives. I use many of the aspects and principles I learned in the service to help my clients achieve breakthoughs in their professional and personal lives.

20. KEITH A EARLY
    July 31, 2019 | 7:25 pm

As a CPA, I work hard to learn about my clients’ businesses. This helps me understand the day to day operation of their businesses and the challenges that they face. This understanding helps me when determining what tax laws and accounting principles to apply. I also believe that I have better communication with the client when I understand their business better.

21. Nick Barzegar
    August 1, 2019 | 8:21 am

Spent years learning and understanding how to help the insurance adjusters job become easier and win their trust approval of us. This has helped us with winning our clients roof to get paid for full replacement on the storm damage we found.

22. Nick Barzegar
    August 1, 2019 | 8:22 am

Spent years understanding and learning how to help the insurance adjusters job become easier and winning their approval of us. This has helped us on winning our clients roof over for a full replacement from their insurance carrier on storm damage we found.

23. Paul Shimek
    August 1, 2019 | 8:58 am

The ability to negotiate successfully—it means not only having a deep understanding of the law and my client’s case but figuring out what the other side has in mind. Success is no accident. It’s the result of hard work, knowledge, determination, and perseverance. These are the cornerstones of my practice.

24. Dr. Branden Evans
    August 1, 2019 | 12:32 pm

I’ve spent a lot of time learning ways to help a patient heal faster using strategies that sync with the chiropractic adjustment. My favorite continuing education seminars teach current techniques to help relax muscles and soft tissue. I also provide patients with specific at home stretches that have tremendously helped the success rate of reducing pain. Less pain allows them to be more in tune with their own body and also leads to increased referrals of friends, family members and co-workers because they’re happy with their results.

25. Ramona Baptiste
    August 1, 2019 | 5:41 pm

I work hard to keep up with technology in my field. As a CPA, it is a given that I understand Accounting, but in today’s times, there are many apps that can be integrated with our Accounting software to make us more efficient, and give us the capability to obtain additional reporting. I also know that technology allows me to work virtually with my clients to make things more convenient. As an example, I am converting most of my clients over to QuickBooks Online which allows them to add functionality, streamline workflow and reduce data entry. Some of the more popular app functions are bill pay, receipt capture, time tracking, and payroll, just to name a few. I have worked hard to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, which has trained me to utilize full functionality of the software to help both my business, and my clients’.