The Seed of Their Result

Referral Trigger for the week of September 16
What to Say to Get Referrals
Grow: Seeds Determine Results | The Seed of Their Result
Conversation lead by the:  North Gwinnett Team (100% Qualified)

and The three parts of story are Problem, Action, Result. Pick one client and tell us:

[1] What this specific client’s problem was when they first called you – what had just happened?

[2] Your action – what did you see, ask, and do?

[3] Their result now – how is their life different?
17 Responses to The Seed of Their Result
  1. Jon Ongtingco
    September 13, 2019 | 9:49 am

The first time I worked for Foster and Associates, their current IT professional was retiring. I first reviewed their IT information with him and then I reviewed their IT information with them. By improving the processes, upgrading equipment, and advising them on utilization, I have been able to keep their business running for over 10 years now while providing them with the feel of a dedicated IT person from a multi-person office. Even when I am on vacation, they have someone that will support their equipment.

Jonathan Ongtingco
    678-213-2309

2. Carmela Capistran
    September 13, 2019 | 2:40 pm

When I met with Debbie, she had too many credit cards with high balances. She was making payments every month but she mentioned to me that her balances did not appear to be going down. She shared with me that her financial situation was becoming difficult to manage. Debbie said she was stressed out.

I set up time to gather all her credit card statements and discuss her situation further. We discussed some options and I made a recommendation. I was able to set up a home equity line of credit and consolidate all her credit cards into a single payment. I handled all the disbursements to all credit card companies and then I locked in her outstanding balance into a fixed rate and term. I provided Debbie with copies of everything for her records.

A few days later Debbie came back in to thank me for how simple, easy, and fast this process was. She said she felt relieved knowing that she now has one payment to make instead of seven. She also mentioned that this would allow her to have a little extra each paycheck to put away in her savings and get her debt paid off quicker.

3. Dave Harms
    September 16, 2019 | 2:40 pm

Unfortunately allot of times people people don’t take action unless something dramatic happens. That was the case with Leslie and Steve. I received a call from Leslie that her mom (age 58) had just passed. Her mom has been a client of ours for years and has always told Leslie and Steve that they should meet with me. We had spoke several times but they never made it a priority.

When she called, I listened as she told the story of her moms passing and she asked what she needed to do for the life insurance policy? I explained the death claim process and took care of everything for her. Within 24 hours of receiving the death certificate Primerica cut the check. After we paid the death claim for her mom and several weeks had passed taking care of everything they were ready to meet.

We met and customized a program for their family and got their family properly protected with life insurance. Now they have piece of mind. They were so thankful I was patient and professional throughout the whole process.

4. Erik Bescher
    September 17, 2019 | 6:42 am

A client called me to let me know he just received a letter from the IRS. The letter proposed that he owed over $12,000.00. After reviewing the letter, I discovered that the client did not include a stock sale on their original tax return. The truth was that my client only owed about $1000.00 due to the fact that the cost basis was also not included.
    My client is still sleeping soundly at night because he knows I have his back.

5. Tim Fowler
    September 17, 2019 | 8:32 am

Mike sent an email Friday stating he needed to change both of his heating and air systems. I went out Saturday morning and had the downstairs unit running in about 10 minutes. Mike was having a large window installed during the heat of the afternoon and thought his upstairs ac had went out. Now Mike can wait until next spring to replace his systems as planned and also be comfortable during the last of the summer heat.

6. Eleanor Thompson
    September 17, 2019 | 12:15 pm

Karl is a long-time client who, for some reason, decided to go to one of the “big-box” office supply stores to make 250 color copies of a letter. When he found out that it was going to cost him .59 per copy, and that he would have to make the copies himself, he called me to ask what my pricing was. I told him that on a quantity of 250, it would be .25 per copy. Karl was thrilled that he would be saving that much money. He emailed his file to me, and picked up the finished job the next day.

7. Stacy DeRogatis
    September 18, 2019 | 5:30 pm

When Danielle was first referred to me as a first time home buyer she did not understand anything about the process. Her approved purchase amount was very low and yet she was quite eager to buy. We looked at a lot of really awful and uninhabitable homes. It was very discouraging, but as the process continued I was able to teach her more about the process, what to look for, what was important regarding condition and she gained confidence. Additionally, she trusted that as she got just one pay check from her new, higher paying teaching position she could qualify for more. When that happened we had many more homes to choose from and she’s now under contract on her dream home. I saw that she needed time, education, persistence, and knowledge to get in to just the right home and she did.

8. Chrystal Clifton
    September 19, 2019 | 4:28 pm

Joe called me due to a non-renewal he received from his current auto carrier. It was of no fault to Joe, the company was simply no longer keeping that book of business in GA. We began shopping other carriers for new insurance and found that an accident Joe was involved in was reported incorrectly as an at fault accident. This mistake was causing a significant increase in his new auto premium. I helped walk Joe through the steps of having the error corrected. The process would take time to complete, and he needed a new policy within 4 days. I called our direct underwriter and explained the situation. She corrected the error prior to receiving the letter from LexisNexis and Joe was able to benefit from the improved pricing. We bound his new policies and were able to offer more coverage and save him money.

9. Damon Grimaldi
    September 19, 2019 | 4:57 pm

Tommy called me last week in a panic. His water main had a leak in his front yard and another plumber that he spoke to quoted him $3500 to replace the line. Because of my schedule and location I was unable to fix the problem. However I asked him to send me some pictures of the leak and I explained that the line could be repaired and guided Tommy over the phone on how to make the emergency repairs himself. He was successful, saved a lot of money and he is now looking forward to hiring me to take care of some other plumbing projects in the future.

10. Jodey Smith
    September 19, 2019 | 5:02 pm

Jamie has a large Instagram following. She wanted an opportunity to go deeper with longer form content. She knew a podcast would be a great way to do it.

However, she was overwhelmed by the conflicting opinions across the internet of how to start a podcast.

Jamie got my name and number from one of my clients.

I walked Jamie through my Podcast Launch Process via video conference. I showed her how to record herself and her guests in a high quality manner.

Additionally, I did the technical heavy lifting of getting her podcast infrastructure set up.

Jamie was able to have her podcast on Apple Podcasts (iTunes) in a matter of days.

Jodey Smith
    Podcast Launch Coach

11. Robier A. Acebo
    September 19, 2019 | 5:12 pm

I had a client that had purchase a laptop from a local store. It was a good laptop and ran great, but around the 9-month mark it started giving the client trouble. The client had purchased a “warranty” from the store and decided to take it in, after all they had a “warranty”. After the store diagnosed it the client was told that the computer needed to be shipped to the manufacturer because the motherboard had failed. When the client asked, “why does it have to be sent off? we purchased the warranty.” they were informed that since the computer was less than a year old it had to be sent to the manufacturer. The warranty they had  purchased from the store only kicked in on the second year after the manufacturer’s warranty had expired. Long story short they reached out to us. We came up with a plan, we recovered the data, purchased a new computer, and restored the data from her old laptop to the new one. We sent the old laptop off to get repaired and made it a spare just to have a back up system in place.

12. Chuck Grennor
    September 19, 2019 | 7:39 pm

One of our long term clients originally called because her Mom was being “relocated” out of her 3rd care facility in the last 6 months due to behavior issues. After meeting with the family it was decided to bring her back home but with full time care. We were able to assemble a 3 person care team that allowed her to have another 3 years at her home where her behavioral issues were much better. Life got back to somewhat normal for everyone and the children and grandchildren could enjoy their time with Grandma in her own familiar home environment.

13. Tommy Thompson
    September 20, 2019 | 12:06 am

My client Eleanor wanted to join an exclusive club, but she was unable to gather enough support to gain admittance. At Christmas, I had a replica (much larger than the official pin for membership) crafted and presented it to her in front of her most treasured colleagues. Eleanor got the recognition she deserved, and I looked like a hero. Hardly, a month goes by that something isn’t said about this at our weekly meeting. Eleanor has gotten the recognition she so richly deserves and who knows how many referral have arisen from the love and adoration we have shared over a simple award.

14. Dan McKenzie
    September 20, 2019 | 7:11 am

The client could not get financing at their bank. We were able to work with his CPA to get the correct documentation to close the loan for him

15. Dan Barber
    September 20, 2019 | 10:55 am

Katheryn is a retiree recent widow and as smart as a whip! She had a problem with the speed sensor on her Hyundai. it was driving her mad because she was getting 3 differnt answers from 3 differnt diagnostics. you see the speed sensor was changed 1 year ago and the original mobil mechanic she used was not calling her back

I came to her and took all the info, sat in my air conditioned truck and began sleuthing. what I found is there are 2 speed sensors on her car, an input and an output. the code she was having was for the input and that’s the one the other tech supposedly changed. turns out he changed the output one and didn’t realize there were 2.

problem solved!
    Katheryn was so thrilled she took my picture next to her car and posted it in her neighborhood Facebook page with all my contact information! I have a new life long client!

16. Jeff Bird
    September 20, 2019 | 2:58 pm

I was invited to speak at the Gwinnett County offices in Lawrenceville about assisted living and memory care. A participant described a difficult situation caring for her dad.

I gave her a number of resources, including my own. I advised her to check out each one, not just to come to me.

The next day she showed up for a tour at The Oaks of Braselton, loved it and moved her dad in.

17. Jim Hilber
    September 26, 2019 | 3:34 pm

A referred medical billing office contacted me for a solution that one of my PowerCore Partners knew I could provide. What was her problem? Her Credit Card Terminal was outdated, stopped working and needed replacement. Because I was referred and the merchant was anxious to get payments flowing again, I could have easily made a nice sale of new hardware to solve her problem. However, in our call I asked a simple question. “Why do you need a Credit Card Terminal?” The answer was clear. They didn’t. They never even saw customers or credit cards face to face. They NEEDED to process payments. They were unaware of new, cost-saving and more efficient solutions. We provided the business a no-cost PC gateway that solved their immediate need quickly and allowed for better rates and viable billing tools. The advantage that really solidified their decision to utilize our services is that we had a local presence that would even do an in-person training in their office. An experienced payment professional knows that ideas and solutions can be sold where merchandise cannot. Our competition does not know this. Get the facts. Finally.