Expand Your Experience

Referral Trigger for the week of November 18
What to Do to GET Referrals
Grow: Leadership | Expand Your Experience
Conversation lead by the: Sugarloaf Team

and Share something you’ve been able to do because you practiced here, or tried it here, or because a Member gave you the opportunity.

Have you started promoting your 7-Minute Presentations at locale Rotary Clubs? Are you using InfoMinutes with clients, and getting more referrals from them? Share an expanded experience.

18 Responses to Expand Your Experience
  1. Jonathan Chang
    November 18, 2019 | 9:50 am

Creating weekly InfoMinutes has really helped me as a dentist connect better and communicate more effectively with my patients- especially when it comes to patient education and teaching preventative principles.

I find myself using the same structure and terminology I’ve used in my InfoMinutes, which takes quite a bit of thought and preparation to make sure the information is useful, easy to understand, and also concise. The knowledge I have to share with my patients is still the same but the delivery is completely different now.

2. Robert Jackson
    November 18, 2019 | 1:20 pm

When working on my 7 minute presentations, I try to use a “real life” case and put information on the whiteboard so that the team can visualize what it is I am trying to accomplish with a particular client.
    I think it helps the group follow along with my planning process when working with individual clients to make a thoughtful and meaningful proposal for them and help them make a decision on where and how to manage their investments.

3. Daniel Conroy
    November 18, 2019 | 2:07 pm

My 7-minute presentations have been used in staff meeting as instructional/training tools for my field crews. This helps me explain the complexity of certain tasks in a less technical way.

4. Martin Gonzalez
    November 18, 2019 | 3:31 pm

The 7-Min presentations have been really useful because they allow me to take just one of my services and explain it in a very detail way but still easy enough for anybody to understand it. It helps me talk more human and less techie.

5. Patty Williamson
    November 18, 2019 | 6:41 pm

I have partnered with one of my realtors to lead a homebuyers workshop. The information I have prepared in my 7 minute presentations has been valuable when communicating with those individuals looking to become first time homebuyers. I am well prepared and have been able to communicate in a less technical way making it easier for them to understand.

6. Jennifer Flores
    November 19, 2019 | 4:55 pm

The training and structure of an InfoMinute has been invaluable in other areas of my business and in PowerCore. Sharing detailed, concise information on one product in the context of a story has helped reduce confusion with potential clients and leaves them wanting to know more. Knowing about kindling questions vs flame throwers has helped me connect with potential clients at vendor events as opposed to scaring them away.

7. Lauren Riley
    November 19, 2019 | 7:12 pm

Lauren Riley, Business Advisor with Thryv…In my Infominutes I have to make sure I do not talk about too many of my services all at once or it can get confusing. So this has helped me with clients to narrow it down to the offerings that match their needs the best and what they are most interested in. Also speaking about my various clients and what best met their needs during my Infominute helps me to apply a similar recommendation to clients in the same industry, as well as reminded me to speak more often about my other client experiences and success stories. Also, speaking with my clients more often about shared referrals and offering to connect them to my Power Core team mates has started to make them more inclined to do the same for me. We also have a good referral rewards program for current clients but the last two of my clients who took advantage of this and referred a business to me were also two clients who I spoke with in depth about sharing referrals and who I also connected a few of my Power Core team mates with. I think if I had only told them about the referral reward but not also about how I wanted to help their business further by connecting them with gate openers, they may have not ended up taking the extra effort to refer me and find a good opportunity for me!

8. David Vanover
    November 20, 2019 | 8:39 am

In October of 2019, during fire safety, a deadly fire claimed the lives of two in Forsyth Co.
    During a recent 7 minute presentation I spoke about Fire Safety. After this presentation I began to ask ALL new customers about fire protection.
    Th 7 minute gave me the confidence to discuss fire protection…

9. Tim Hilmo
    November 20, 2019 | 9:59 am

Doing 7 minute presentations for Powercore has been absolutely great. Doing 7 minute presentations has taught me how to work with my customers better and to not stretch out my sales presentation too long. Thanks for the great ideas Powercore!

10. Steve Goins
    November 21, 2019 | 9:32 am

With the weekly info-minutes at PowerCore I have “ready made” elevator speeches that tell a story and are thought out…focusing on something specific that I do. 7 minute Presentations are more detailed but still focused on something specific that I do and provide the foundation for presentations that I make in front of customers or groups. Both of these exercises that I do for PowerCore make me think about what I do and provide examples of when I have done it. Because of PowerCore I have a better understanding of what exactly I do and how to share it. I am better able to communicate the value that I bring to a commercial banking relationship as opposed to just being a banker.

11. Charles Watson
    November 21, 2019 | 12:33 pm

As a Commercial Realtor I help others buy, sell, and invest in real estate. I often forget that the people I talk with and do business with do not know what I do behind the scenes to make what they want happen. PowerCore InfoMinutes and 7-Minute Presentations have helped me think about my business in terms of what I do and how my business and I offer benefits to others, and to better explain the value of my business.

In my many daily and weekly conversations, others often comment on a need they have outside of my area of expertise. PowerCore has provided me with a group of individuals and businesses that address many of the most commonly needed services. Through the InfoMinutes and 7-Minute Presentations of the other group members, I am able to suggest members who may be able to solve those needs. These individuals and businesses I can trust to provide quality and fairly priced services.

12. Bailey Bowen
    November 21, 2019 | 4:49 pm

The insurance business is a stories business. I use stories with my clients every day to explain the way insurance can improve their lives by making it relatable with stories. For instance, if a salon owner were to break her foot, she wouldn’t be able to continue to cut and color hair. Therefore she could benefit from some short term disability paycheck protection. I use stories to show that disability for business owner’s doesn’t just mean you have to be in a wheelchair.

13. Kashima Peters
    November 21, 2019 | 5:27 pm

The 7 Minute presentations have taught me how to narrow down my thoughts. It has really made me ask myself, “What do I do?” Also, “Who am I talking to?” Prospect or Gate Opener. This definitely makes a difference and it is easier to switch mindsets because we “Practice” weekly.

Before I started thinking about narrowing my thoughts I am pretty sure my delivery sounded like a sales pitch.
    I was doing a lot of networking with other people in my industry so in speaking to clients, I would forget or just totally disregard breaking down the lingo.

Looking back I am sure I made people feel uncomfortable.
    I am still working at it but I feel more confident in not just using Fancy Lingo but giving people knowledge on my industry most times through story.
    It is cool when your team member introduces you with a quick story on how you helped a client.

It has been great to be able to It has actually been great to “Practice” on my team.
    You can get a lot through facial expressions and also the Feed Foward Cards.

14. Sharna Ettinoffe
    November 21, 2019 | 5:31 pm

My fellow Attorney member, Jim Miskell has given me the opportunity to do some sub-contracting with his office by allowing me to help him out with preparing the deeds for his clients. It was an unexpected, but welcomed opportunity.

15. Nick Jones
    November 22, 2019 | 9:06 am

Being able to give an info minute to my clients when i’m out in the field.

16. Nick Jones
    November 22, 2019 | 9:08 am

Being able to educate my clients on what I do and bring in better stories and paint a picture for them.

17. Nick Jones
    November 22, 2019 | 9:11 am

Being able to educate my clients on what I do and bring in better stories and paint a picture for them to understand different Insurance concepts. From the 7 min to the info min. it gives you a road map to give to the clients to follow and helps with the structure of the conversation.

18. Barbara Nwaehi
    November 25, 2019 | 11:07 am

One thing that I have learned from Powercore that I have practiced and generalized to other areas has been streamlining my “ pitch” to one minute. This has resulted in a more concise message.