Understanding

What to DO to GET Referrals
Core: Officers Have A Core | Understanding
Conversation lead by the: 78 Corridor Team ( 100% Qualified)

and Visitor Hosts make Visitors comfortable at our table. A call before the meeting, a sample InfoMinute, a suggestion for a coffee invitation. The Visitor Host is a guide.

• Who is the guide for your prospective clients?
  • What does the walk-through look like?
  • What are the important questions?

How do you make prospects comfortable choosing you?

17 Responses to Understanding
  1. Chris Huber
    February 28, 2020 | 10:20 am

When my prospects are doing a project that will be installed, I meet with the client on-site. We want to look at the scope of the project and what surfaces they want to add graphics to. We take a set of accurate measurements, pictures and do a 3M adhesion test to see what products are suitable for their location.
    We ask how long they want the project to stay up or how long it will be used, does it need extra protection, are there any ADA or code items we need to address. We also ask about any needed permits.

2. Denise Jutze
    February 28, 2020 | 12:24 pm

A guide for my prospective clients is usually a CPA, accountant or business consultant. It is helpful when an introduction is made through these trusted advisors as they already have a clear picture of the customers goals and strategy. This initial intro allow me to have a shorter onramp in the “getting to know you phase” and allows me to do a more in-depth individual consultation to drill down even further to ensure that they are comfortable and confident with the product and process. Some of our most important questions are, what payroll and employee management systems do they already have in place? Do they have currently have or need worker’s comp? Are they offering or would they like to offer group rate health insurance access to their employees. This allows me to determine if they only need payroll or additional ancillary products, especially in a competitive employee market. I make them comfortable, through my industry experience & small business awareness. I am able to convey strategic information and offer an array of legitimate solutions based on their unique needs and dynamics. I position myself as a subject matter expert & then follow through with handheld customer service in what can seem to be a tumultuous process for small business owners.

3. Dr. Elbonie Hornbuckle-Preston
    March 2, 2020 | 1:59 pm

The visitor host for my patients is my front desk receptionist. Her voice is the first they hear over the phone and the first face they see when entering the office. For new patients she does a tour of the office along with her own testimony of chiropractic or current patient with their same symptoms. They also watch a video on chiropractic so they understand more of what to expect. She also lets them know they are in the right place to receive help and if I am unable to help I will get them referred to someone who can. Important questions are what brought you in today and what have you tried so far?

4. Ryan Pinson
    March 2, 2020 | 4:36 pm

As a Mortgage Loan Originator, the first person my prospective clients talk to is a referral partner. It is my job to make sure that they understand my business and know my work ethic to set the tone for the loan process. The walk through is asking the right questions to my clients to be able to have accurate information on the other side of the initial conversation. The right questions in my business can sometimes be very personal and lead to other questions that need to be asked. It’s imperative that I have established the trust and set my clients mind at ease going through this process to ensure a smooth transaction.

5. Diana Crawford
    March 2, 2020 | 4:45 pm

My office guide is my receptionist Duby – (think Doobie Brothers). She give clients the 411 on what they need to know to meet with us, get us their information securely and retrieve their returns from our online secure portal. We let clients know when we need to meet in person, how they can work with us all electronically too as some desire to do so. We work how our clients want to work. We find clients are very open to this. We also set expectations, returns take an average of 7 days to be completed in our office and we give a fee quote upfront. We bill for services once the project is complete.

6. Geoffrey Horney
    March 2, 2020 | 5:07 pm

A great guide with my clients is a thorough walk-through. For simple things, such as painting, it is just a quick confirmation with a color wheel or a picture on the phone “This is the color you want?” Confirmation is key.

With larger projects involving custom work, Pinterest is a blessing. Making sure I can give the client realization of the vision they have makes the walk-off smooth and easy. Not everyone can visualize what they want and describe it perfectly. Design elements they give examples of make it all come together. “Do you have a Pinterest board? Would you please share it with me.” “What is the feel you desire.? Warmth and cozy, cool and crisp?”

Communication throughout the process of install and finish, wether in person or via FaceTime/pictures in text, help the process go as smoothly as possible.

7. Lonnie Anderson
    March 2, 2020 | 9:28 pm

For the past 15+ years, 99% of my clients come from referrals. The person who refers a buyer or seller to me is the initial guide and then depending on if it is a Buyer or Seller, the walk-through looks quite different. If it is a Seller the walk-through includes why they are selling, a dollar amount that can be expected out of the sale and of course we make a list of repairs that need to be done before the house goes on the market . If the client is a Buyer, the list of questions includes how much money they plan to spend, where is that money coming from, and of course the criteria for the house they are looking for. Because I have built several thousand houses and know construction well, combined with many years of experience in real estate, my clients are generally quite comfortable simply because I am comfortable, not pushy and I take the drama out of the transaction.

8. Beau Elkins
    March 3, 2020 | 9:51 am

As an insurance representative most of my business comes from referrals. Those people that refer clients to me are the guides. They are the ones telling people how I do business and will take care of them. The walk through for me is sitting down with a client or talking on the phone and explaining all of their coverages to them. The worst thing that can happen is someone buys insurance from me and has no idea what they bought. I like to think that my clients are very comfortable with me. I talk to people and explain things to them as a client, not as an insurance agent. What I mean by that is that I try not to use industry lingo that only I understand. I also want them to know that it’s okay not to understand insurance. That’s what I’m here for. I’m here to educate more so than anything. If you leave my office with a better understanding of insurance then I have done my job.

9. Brandon Favia
    March 3, 2020 | 11:57 am

For the majority of my clients that I prospect door to door I am the initial guide in greeting them and setting them up for a roofing inspection. I make sure they have a brief overview of the process and more specifics on the next steps. My clients after I have serviced them in their roofing needs them become my guides to future referrals. Ensuring they have a smooth experience, with high communication throughout the process help with explaining the service to their friends and family who are my future clients. By giving them the details of the process upfront, and following up with them throughout the process give them a sense of comfort with dealing with their usually largest asset.

10. Jacquelyn Csonka
    March 3, 2020 | 12:09 pm

We all know that running a business involves wearing many hats. After I have been referred a client, I spend a lot of time on the front-end laying down the groundwork. Every client has a unique financial story so in the initial conversations I guide my clients through organization, data gathering, goal and objective setting, and education before any action is taken. This ensures we have not left any stone unturned and each unique objective is considered before we implement a strategy. Measure twice, cut once.

11. William Dolan
    March 3, 2020 | 3:12 pm

I am typically the guide for potential clients as I am the usually the first person that speaks to them when they call. I build a solid foundation with clients through being honest and up front. I won’t hesitate to inform a client if their project is out of the scope of our abilities and will try my best to point them in the direction of another company that can help them. I always tell them my number one goal is their comfort and safety even if that means they have to seek the services of another vendor.

I also strive to give clients the up front cost of their projects through flat rate pricing as soon as possible so they can begin processing whether or not they’re able to proceed with the project as planned. I have found that being up front and honest with customers builds an almost immediate level of trust and has yielded many return customers.

12. Douglas Durham
    March 3, 2020 | 4:30 pm

I am often hosted by PI attorneys and insurance professionals. I help the “Humpty-Dumpty” times start a safe and efficient rebuilding of the pieces after an accident. I take lead in discussing the time frame and expectations of the search as well as asking the questions to narrow the search criteria. Budget, model year, replacement or upgrade, used vs. new. I offer real results and can often show real vehicles for wholesale purchase that reassures the prospect of my vision within 30 minutes in most cases, taking the hassle out of buying the next GREAT car.

13. Cordele Rolle
    March 4, 2020 | 8:39 am

Our firm has Client liaison that specifically deals with client intake. A client-walk through entails showing the client how the legal process works. What’s expected about settling their claim. Usually this takes place at our office, or wherever the client wants to meet.

We usually ask the client, what is it that they want to achieve from their case? What are their goals for our representation for them?

We believe that the best way to make prospects comfortable is to listen. Paying attention and repeating the needs of the client back to them shows them that you have an understanding of the client’s needs.

14. Carrie Richards Leary
    March 4, 2020 | 4:37 pm

When I am referred to a client I am the guide for them. It is important that I set the tone and let them know the information that I need. I do this by asking numerous questions. I find out which doctors they use as well as which medications they take. This is VERY important. Most people have a relationship with their physicians and they do not want to change. I don’t like my client to experience any surprises! By gathering this information up front, I am able to make the best recommendations possible for their health insurance or Medicare plan.

15. Jamecia Bowers
    March 5, 2020 | 8:25 am

As a solo-preneur, I am the guide for all the clients that use my services whether through a referral or internet search. My main objective is to help my potential client feel comfortable and heard. The most important thing that I can do is to listen, to ensure they receive exactly what they need. I also ask questions about their concerns and routines to make sure I am able to truly help or refer them to someone who can.

16. John Conley
    March 5, 2020 | 8:51 pm

The visitor host at our office are the sales desk personnel who greets the customer with a welcoming smile to make them feel at home. Once the ice is broken, they are asked the nature of their visit and a few probing questions to get started. If appropriate, the customer is given a short tour of the facility to show our capabilities. Most of the time there is a lot of activity to see. There is a parallel being a visitor host at PowerCore in that the visitor / customer is made to feel at ease as the host explains what is happening during the meeting. We actually make money because of our team members….so can you [visitor]

17. Nancy F Thysell
    March 6, 2020 | 6:57 am

My visitor host is whomever has referred a client to me.