Essentials

What to DO to GET Referrals
Core: Officers Have A Core | Essentials
Conversation lead by the: Candler Park Team (100% Qualified)

and Five Officers comprise the LeadershipCore of our Team. They create energy, equality, growth, quality, and speed.

• What are the essentials for your business success?

How do you differentiate responsibilities
to guarantee your clients get a good result?

19 Responses to Essentials
  1. Wendy Kinney
    March 27, 2020 | 9:14 am

In the PowerCore office George and I are 1+1=11. We don’t step on each other’s toes. He takes care of operations, I go to meetings and respond to prospects. Don’t expect me to order referral records – don’t expect him to present a workshop!

This is the reason we use specific email addresses like Reports@ and Apply@ – so incoming work gets directed to the person who will take care of it quickest and most efficiently.

2. Erin Goodier
    March 27, 2020 | 9:18 am

Often I am my own team for my projects, I do the planning, filming, and editing. However, one area that I often do not work on is scriptwriting. In some cases, my client already has a communications team/person who can provide the language for the video. If that’s not the case, I usually work with my client to decide on one or two key points that they want to make and then just interview them about that topic. Overall, for any project to succeed, I need to communicate well with my client to make sure I’m correctly bringing their vision to life.

3. Allyson McCarthy
    March 27, 2020 | 9:41 am

My education as an architect included courses like Construction and Documentation, Environmental Design and Structure 1, besides the expected Design and Architecture History.

The architecture registration exam had seven sections and four related to mechanical, electrical and plumbing, structural design, lateral and static forces and construction and materials.

I am not an engineer nor a contractor. But as an architect, I was trained to understand the concepts of these disciplines so that the building’s design incorporates and considers how all the parts fit together. I coordinate between the disciplines.

Turco McCarthy LLC is me. I handle all aspects of my business in the office walking my clients through their projects from day one to opening day. However, I would not be able to do my job without the expertise and experience of my engineers and contractors.

It takes a village to build something great and I rely on my network of consultants to help ease the process of design and construction for my clients.

4. Earl Skates
    March 27, 2020 | 10:21 am

I go though the whole process with everyone on my clients. The person they talk to on the phone is the same person who does the installation. the cuts out any middle man and confusion. Im able to ask questions first hand of my clients and make sure I have a great understanding of what their needs are. Once everything is done I able to show them how to work their new addition to the family.

5. Sam Lysinger
    March 27, 2020 | 11:16 am

Since I am my own shop more often than not, I give the client ownership of key parts of the engagement process and solution. I differentiate responsibilities as follows. It is the client’s responsibility to define the need. It is my responsibility to ask them questions in order to clearly understand the need. It is client’s responsibility to determine the budget for the need, It is my responsibility to fit the solution for the need within the client’s budget. It is our joint responsibility to schedule implementation or repair. It is my responsibility to deliver results. It is the client’s responsibility to test and sign off on the work. It is my responsibility to follow up with the client to ensure the result truly is working, or truly is what they wanted. I find that this limits misunderstandings and problems for all parties involved and allows for more effective client engagements.

6. Wendy Pruitt
    March 29, 2020 | 10:33 pm

One of the most important things I do to be successful is to create a roadmap for the project before we start… and stick to the plan. Being a solo-entrepreneur, it’s important that I also serve the role of an account manager so new clients are aware of the time, effort, costs and assets needed to make sure their project is successful.

Another way to set a project up for success is to make sure clients know what size they want their final product to be… before we start designing marketing materials. Knowing the final deliverable gives me a better sense of the needs that will go into the project (and my strategy for designing a postcard is much different than an 11×17 folded flyer!)

7. Christopher Berney
    March 30, 2020 | 5:55 pm

My best employee is my technology. I use CLIO Grow and CLIO Manage to manage the intake process for my clients, set up appointments, track follow-ups with the client and make sure I am getting the work done on a timely basis. I have a trust legal assistant Carolyn who oversees that process and makes sure the virtual files (many!) and actual paper files (very few!) are organized and easy to find.

After the initial intake call which I handle personally, I “hand-off” the intake process to my software who hands the file back to me right before the first substantive phone call with the client. It’s a streamlined, effective process.

8. Janine Walker
    March 30, 2020 | 6:15 pm

I learned a long time that I can not give my clients the best service by attempting to do everything. Therefore I have a team that can assist to insure that our clients policies are maintained. We all work together in a servicing system that helps maintain records of what has been completed, what needs to be done, and follow up with future clients. To insure that we do not duplicate efforts, individuals on my team all have a responsibility, including myself. Even today, we have daily meetings to insure that we work effectively and efficiently to help our clients.

9. Howard Silvermintz
    March 30, 2020 | 6:50 pm

In my world there are clients and underwriters and I keep the two separate. From underwriters I get requests for medical records, physicals and many other items. From the client I have to ask them to take the physical and ask their doctors for the records, and even ask the client for their tax returns. I then will marry the two parts with the insurance company such that it looks seamless. On a weekly basis, I examine where the process is for the many people in underwriting and follow up to move it along. By doing it this way the underwriting process is completed quicker making for a happy client and a happy insurance carrier.

10. Cayce Callaway
    March 31, 2020 | 10:08 am

The essentials of my business come from my relationships with my vendors and Cruise Planners, my franchise’s relationship with vendors. If something goes wrong, to be able to call up a vendor who either knows my name or knows me by association with CP, is often the difference between being able to rectify a situation and not. There is power in numbers and there are over 2500 of us operating in the US. That often gives us leverage that individual agents and consumers do not have.

11. Kim Pounders
    March 31, 2020 | 10:38 am

I have a team that assist to ensure that we hold our client’s hands through the entire mortgage process. We have an assembly line approach and go through the process one step at a time. I handle the initial phone call to discuss the process and “here’s what happens next.” As they go through the process, we make sure they know and understand what is happening next. I call every client and referral partner every week to discuss where the loan is in the process and what is happening next.

12. Michelle Mechem
    March 31, 2020 | 10:43 am

For clients looking to buy a home, I meet with them initially to go over the process. They sign a Buyer Agency agreement through our electronic contract system- DotLoop. I then refer them to a mortgage partner who will pre-approve them for a loan. At that point I set them up on a home search. I show them property and once they decide to make an offer, I will write an offer through DotLoop, they sign and it goes to the Listing Agent. This offer includes choosing a closing attorney partner. I negotiate on their behalf.Once under contract I then refer them to a home inspector. From that report I negotiate on their behalf for repairs. During this time, my Executive Assistant, Stacy is watching all of the deadlines. We go to closing with the help of our mortgage and closing attorney partners. Then my EA, Stacy, makes sure they are coded correctly in our database so I may follow up with them once they have moved in and for the months and years to come. I am a resource far beyond closing, for anything home related from design trends to repair professionals. -Michelle Mechem-Intown Area Homes- PalmerHouse Properties – 404-978-2273

13. Betty Emrey
    March 31, 2020 | 1:01 pm

Because it’s just me right now, I try to make use of technology to help streamline the process in my business. I have a scheduling program where people I need to interview for articles, etc., can book themselves instead of having to go back and forth with me over email. When I do get to partner with others like designers, web developers, and project managers, I make sure to stay in communication with them, and make sure I totally understand the client’s goals and what the team needs from me.

14. Steven Perry
    March 31, 2020 | 1:16 pm

All responsibility for work in my company rests on my shoulders. I use technological tools in much the same way a carpenter uses hammers and saws.

The most significant tool is communication. Communication between myself and clients and government entities.

15. Travis Andres
    March 31, 2020 | 2:11 pm

We have a great staff at Origin Title & Escrow that are essential for success. As closing attorneys, we may be unavailable for extended periods of time during the day, either in a closing or conducting a title search in a records room in the basement of the courthouse. We rely on our staff to obtain the documents and information required for a closing from buyers, sellers, lenders, and real estate agents. We have a dedicated email address documents@origintitle.com that is monitored during business hours so that our clients can deliver essential documents or information even during times when an attorney may not be available. There may only be one attorney in the conference room at closing, but it takes an entire team to get there.

16. Jordan Kragten
    March 31, 2020 | 2:55 pm

Thoroughness is essential to my success as a personal injury attorney and can make the difference between winning and losing. Details are essential to making a full recovery for my clients. It is easy to settle cases quickly, but it takes time to collect, digest, and present details to prove the full value of a case. I follow the processes I have in place to ensure that nothing is left out.

17. Eric Sapoznik
    April 3, 2020 | 9:15 am

Essentials for my business in commercial real estate are follow up, educating my clients, forming relationships (with my clients and other agents), quick research & knowing what to look for. These are 5 things that I make sure to do throughout the process when working with a client. Following up with the listing agents I call on a daily basis. If I don’t speak with them after 10 calls and emails I will call their broker to find another contact and make sure they are still an agent. I make sure to educate my clients throughout the process to point out key things to look for with the spaces and within the contracts. I also educate them about the process and how long it can take. Forming relationships is a very important aspect of my business, not just with my clients but with other agents. I’ve been able to get a couple of deals closed by staying in contact with certain agents, because they knew me they responded more quickly and helped to choose my client’s deal over other deals. Quick responses to my clients is very important. When a client calls me that they are interested in a space or location, I start to call immediately on their behalf. Dr. Axt can vouch for this, he messaged me yesterday asking about a property and I found the contacts and called them immediately. The final item is knowing what to look for. Since I’ve worked in office, retail and warehouses I know from the employee perspective what to look for that many people may miss. My time in IT also helps me to look for additional items that many realtors know nothing about. My goal is to help my clients find a space by saving them time, money and stress during the process.

18. Meredith Sims
    April 4, 2020 | 12:39 pm

Technology and communication make the difference in helping me help my clients. My CRM provides record keeping, timely reminders and workflow management and my integrated financial planning tool ensures I have all the information I need at my fingertips. The planning process then becomes a series of conversations between myself and my client, using visual elements to provide the information they need to make decisions and be in action, with my help of course.

19. Jason Shaffer
    April 7, 2020 | 4:25 pm

My RAD HAT (not my Red one) is an acronym describing the essentials for my business success and what differentiates me:

R – Relationships – I truly care for my clients and acting in their best interest
    A -Accuracy – this is a crucial aspect in order to prequalify my clients to help find the best personalized products and best pricing.
    D – Diligence – I spend a great amount of time and energy to thoroughly shop around for the best solutions for my clients

H – Honesty – Treat others the same way I want to be treated
    A – Availability – Make sure to make myself easily accessible to help my clients in any way possible.
    T – Timely – Respond quickly to help meet my client’s needs.