What We See

What to SAY to GET Referrals
Oval vs Rectangle: Referrals are Different than Sales| What We See
Conversation lead by the: Lilburn Team

and Body language is a characteristic we can see.

Show us, with body language, what your most profitable client looked like when they first came to you.

Show us what we will notice when one of our clients is ready for you.

15 Responses to What We See
  1. Jon Ongtingco
    May 15, 2020 | 9:04 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most of my customer do not really know what is going on, they just know that I can fix it. And so they have a often querulous look about their shoulders and face and say, “I don’t know what happened!!” A few minutes later I have:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
    █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██
    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██
    ░█▒▒▒███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██
    ░██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░████████████░░░█████████████████

Jonathan Ongtingco
    SOHO Data and Voice, Inc.
    678-213-2309
    jon@sohodvc.com

2. Tim Hilmo
    May 15, 2020 | 11:51 am

Your referrals see The Air Conditioning Doctors: in a Marked Vehicle that is well maintained, A happy Technician that is ready to help while wearing a professional Shirt and work clothes. The technician salesman will completely look over the unit or units in need of help and then will give the referral some great options .

3. Clemence Bradley
    May 18, 2020 | 12:20 pm

Because I’m in the hemp wellness industry with CBD, the body language of my customers changed drastically from 3 years ago when I started this business compare to today.

Then, there was an hesitation in their language and behavior. It would take a few minutes for them to relax and understand that hemp from the cannabis family is not illegal and can be discussed openly.

Today, the conversation goes directly to “please, clarify CBD to me, it’s quite confusing. how can that help me or my family member?”. Right away, the body language is more engaged or the voice over the phone is investigative. They’re curious. There’s an interest though sometimes, for the older generations, still a bit of carefulness. This is when they’re ready to have a conversation with me.

Once the potential customers understand the difference between what I’m offering and what is sold in a grocery store or a gas station, they relaxed, their voice gets clearer and their body language is fully engaged towards me instead of having cross arms for example. This is when they tell me: “I understand the value. I want to try the Prime My Body CBD product. Here’s my $108 for a bottle”.

4. Mike Owens
    May 18, 2020 | 1:12 pm

When I first meet with a prospect they are hunched over and frustrated with their hand on their forehead. After I lift the burden of bookkeeping off of their shoulders, their posture correct’s itself, and they have more time to concentrate on growing their business.

5. Dana Kind
    May 18, 2020 | 2:28 pm

The body language that people see when potential clients are in front of them is walking carefully or having an antalgic lean away from an area of pain in their body. Car accidents can damage the neck, back, knees, shoulders, or arms. If someone can not move easily, they might need my help.
    I have been treating patients with pain issues for almost 20 years. Finding the cause of the problem and correcting it, rather than just taking a pill, will prevent minor issues from becoming lifelong problems. If you were not at fault in the accident, we can help find a great attorney that will help get you treated without you having out of pocket costs. When you see someone not moving the way they normally do, ask them what happened. Let them know you know someone that can help.

6. Holly Neumann
    May 18, 2020 | 3:16 pm

I don’t always see my clients when we first meet. Most times we are talking on the phone for that first consultation.

If they are new in business and don’t have a website yet, they are usually very excited about the possibilities and have big plans on what they want.

If they have a website but want to redesign it, typically they are a little frustrated with what they have and I can hear it in their voice.

Most everyone admits that they don’t fully understand the technical aspects and want to hire someone to make it happen for them.

When a client is ready for me they may be starting a new business, or complaining about not having enough business. They are usually someone who understand that they cannot be an expert at everything.

Holly Neumann
    Fresh Eggs
    Web Design for Healthy Living Businesses

7. William Hargrove
    May 18, 2020 | 3:34 pm

Many of my Clients have the look of concern, worry and are hunched over. They are concerned they might outlive their money Reserves. Once I go over how they can access a portion of their home’s equity and never have to make a mortgage payment again for the rest of their lives with either a REFI or Purchase (Taxes and insurance still need to be paid)the look of Relief is apparent.
    Don came to me worried that his savings was dwindling fast because his wife needed in home 24 hour care. I remember sitting at his table with a pile of bank and credit card statements and his head in his hands asking how he was going to make it. After I explained how a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage worked and how he could get a monthly payment from his house every month to cover the Long Term Care costs and still have money in a growing line of credit, the look of worry subsided from his face. He was hesitant because he didn’t think it could be that easy, It IS, IT WAS!!!
    If you know of someone 62 years or older with at least 50% of more in equity that is showing positive signs of stress and is worried they might outlive their money, introduce us so I can get them started on the right track to helping them enjoy their retirement.

8. Joyce Ray
    May 18, 2020 | 8:34 pm

Most of my first time client meetings are by phone, sometimes by email. Most of the time they don’t know which questions to ask first. They are anxious to get the “getting acquainted” small talk over with so they can get on with the main reason they are calling…. they want to look at houses! The sooner the better! They are anxious and ready to get the ball rolling. I will take that enthusiasm and explain that there are other “first steps” before we can tour homes. I explain why the financing method they will use is the vital first step and them ask them to tell me what they want in their new home and set up automatic notifications of listings that meet their criteria. Somewhere in there we will find the most important motivation factor, whether it is a job, school, starting a family, moving near family, etc. I will continually use that as a reminder to motivate them through the tough decisions they will be making, and put my 32 years of experience to work for them.

9. Chris Turner
    May 19, 2020 | 12:12 pm

My clients often come to me with arms folded, wondering if I am going to try and sell them something that they do not want. So I always ask them what is their expectation. My job is to exceed those expectations. I will ask the why questions on the reason they give me. After the process is complete. They are relived, full of smiles asking me if I can reach out to beloved family members.

10. Laurie Nolan
    May 19, 2020 | 2:57 pm

The situation most often dictates the body language or demeanor of my clients at first glance or meeting. As the majority of my contact is via email and/or phone, I gauge the client’s “body language” by tone of voice, willingness to share information, and general attitude and vibe that I feel from the call or email. My goal is to WOW them with my general concern for their needs, budget, etc.

11. Raymond Payne
    May 19, 2020 | 3:26 pm

Often times it is the look of being overwhelmed. They don’t know where to start, even when it comes to explaining what they are concerned about. We work on letting them know that we don’t judge prior decisions, just focus on what are the most important things first and start from there.

12. Douglas Waterman
    May 21, 2020 | 8:41 am

My best client Mary was excited when she approached me after my ISO 9001:2015 overview presentation to the Georgia Manufacturing Alliance. She had responsibility for getting her company’s quality management system certified to the ISO standard, and she was overwhelmed by that responsibility, particularly since it was on top of her other tasks. My presentation offered her a glimmer of hope as a resource that knew what to do, and how, to put a QMS into place to accomplish that goal of ISO 9001 Certification by the end of the year! I was that outside resource that could help her company to meet this challenge.
    Her body language reflected that excitement: hope that the pressure of her responsibility and stress of the unknown was being lifted from her plate, assurance to be able to know that “Yes, she can lead this project” because she has found the right resource. She was excited that she could see the light at the end of the project tunnel!

Doug Waterman with Quality Consultant Group

13. Greg Williams
    May 21, 2020 | 9:00 am

When I ask someone about their credit scores, their body language is often an indicator of how they look.

14. Thele Moore
    May 21, 2020 | 11:09 am

The body language of my most profitable client was receptive, he wanted to work with an insurance agent that would be genuine and authentic. The body language of clients shopping for insurance is usually guarded. It is important to be conversational so that they are comfortable. We will ask a series of questions to make sure that we are positioned to put a proposal together which will meet their needs. These questions will help us identify the appropriate coverage along with discount opportunities.

Your clients will have life events, which will show they are ready for me i.e., marriage, home purchase, birth of a child, and purchasing an automobile.

15. Marco Bowen
    May 22, 2020 | 3:24 am

Most of my customers call when they are extremely frustrated with their various technology issues. Their scratching their heads or throw their hands in the air out frustrations. After calming them down i then take a look @ the issue and then let them know what is my plan for resolving that issue as well as how long it would take and the cost.